Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Namita SharmaYour feedback matters!
My farther suffered with multiple myeloma doctors said to me check you also. Is there any chance to son get this Cancer.
What are the symptoms of cancer how often it can cause because of smoking m suffering from heavy cough is that the symptoms?
Hello doctors, today I did a general health check up. Everything came normal xcept monocyte. Which is 12% and my total wbc count was 6900 which is in normal range. So do I have to worry about monocyte. Since its play a major role in cancer. My doctor din tell me regarding this. So kindly help me out. M 26 years of age.
Hi, After the operate my Gal Bladder. There r some complications after the tests a stomach cancer or gastric cancer diagnose with starting 3rd stage. Is it curable or not. If any medi. Pls prescribe. Thanx with regards.
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily. On dec'15 metastasis on lever found. Is there any solution for the fever.
Can I continue to use complementary therapies, take herbal remedies or vitamin supplements when I'm on chemotherapy?
How is the cancer caused and what is the problem by wich the cancer is caused. Is it the growth of cells.
I am Aslam aged 60. My prostate is enlarged in size and measures 4.1*4.4*3.9cm vol 36.9cc Impression: prostatomegaly bilateral large simple renal cortical cyst what should I do?
Advice to use monurol sachet for chronic prostatitis? Have undergone surgery for removal of prostate (non cancer related)
I'm a 23 years old girl (55 kg, 5.4 ft). I have been experiencing sudden bursts of very painful breast pain on one of my breasts for the last few days. The pain is inside and feels quite sharp. I almost always feel the pain when I lay improperly or if there is even a bit of impact on it. Somehow it has to do with my movements. Just for the record, I'm currently in India for vacation (I'm originally from EU). The pain started few days after my arrival. Could it be cancer?
Hello sir my father have a prostate problem before 2 years lot of medicines he try but no improvement so what should he do.
I have a symptoms of ovarian cancer, but I am not sure, that it's cancer or what? Can you tell me the test? For being sure about this.
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.
My mother suffering from breast cancer I want know about breast cancer what should I do for my mother.
I am 66 yrs old. It is reported that I am having prostate cancer at the primary stage level. Gleason's score comes to 3+3=6. Psa report is 4.40. Please give me advice about the treatment of prostate cancer in this case except surgery. Thanks.
The oral cavity consists of the lips, gums, teeth, cheeks (buccal mucosa), the frontal 66% of the tongue, the hard top of the mouth (hard palate), the floor of the mouth beneath the tongue and the region behind the wisdom teeth (retromolar trigone). Development of oropharyngeal cancer occurs in the region of the throat behind the mouth, called the oropharynx. The oropharynx starts where the oral depression closes.
The World Health Organization states that oral cancer ranks eleventh in terms of the common cancer around the world. It is commonly found in men and its spread is slightly higher in developing countries. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco contributes to around 90% of oral cavity cancer cases.
Cancerous oral growth is dealt with procedures which are similar to treatments of different cancers i.e. with the assistance of surgery followed by radiation treatment. In radiation treatments, patients may need to manage the various side effects. Specialists at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) along with the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala have made a mouthwash utilizing herbal substances, as recommended in Ayurveda, which can help in diminishing the intense amount of pain in patients experiencing radiation therapy for oral cancer.
Other important Ayurvedic remedies may entail the following:
- Lemon: A deficiency of vitamin C is experienced in the body once you are diagnosed with oral cancer. Therefore, consuming fresh lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C, around 3 to 4 times a day, is very helpful
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in 'beta-carotene' which is considered to be an anti-cancer nutrient. It is recommended for patients suffering from oral cancer since it is a source of antioxidants. Consumption of at least 1 glass of carrot juice per day helps in fighting this form of cancer.
- Grape Seed: The seeds of the grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which help to destroy the radical cells. These radical cells damage the cells present in the mouth, thus causing oral cancer. The vitamin E, C and beta-carotene present in grapes strengthen the immunity system. The grapes should be crushed to form a paste and the liquid should be strained to form a juice. Consume this juice 3-4 times in a day.
- Bitter gourd: It is rich in alpha eleostearic acid, which helps in elimination of cancerous cells without affecting the normal ones.