Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Namita SharmaYour feedback matters!
How can we reduce the tumours ? Konsi technique se hum apni body me unseen tumours ka pata lga skte h? I have many small tumours around the throat and by right side of chest? They are lil bit growing and sometimes paining is it harmful for me or need nt to worry can I survive within this whole life m scared nd dnt want to go to dctr pls help me out here and make me feel better soon.
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.