Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Mehta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namita MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am 31 years old female had miscarriage of 23 weeks on 18th feb 2016. My gynaecologist advised me to start bio- preg F medicine. My last two periods were on 15th july 2016 and then on 5th August 2016. Yesterday (29th august 2016) I took a pregnancy test and it showed a dark c line and one slightly faint t line. What does it indicate? Am I pregnant?
Managing a blocked or stuffy nose can be highly bothersome as when the nose gets congested, it causes an interruption in normal breathing interfering with your routine. A blocked nose can occur due to simple reasons like a cold which usually lasts a day or two. But when this condition becomes a chronic one and medicines fail to offer a complete cure, then procedures like balloon sinuplasty becomes an option. Keep on reading to know more about balloon sinuplasty.
What is balloon sinuplasty?
Performed in the outpatient setting or an ENT office, BSP or balloon sinuplasty is an efficient and safe procedure for those who look for relief from the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of chronic sinusitis. In BSP, the medical professional places a small balloon in the sinus opening which is obstructed, and then removes the balloon after inflating and deflating it, while dilating the sinuses. A more opened up sinus, as a result, drains better and stay at lower risk of nasal blockage or any sinus infections.
Specifically designed for relieving any chronic sinusitis obstructed the sinus and opening the nasal airways, BSP helps in bringing back the functionality of the nose into its normal self.
Who is it meant for?
People who generally are a candidate for a sinus surgery can be ideal for balloon sinuplasty. Those who suffer from sinus infections or nasal blockage frequently and the issues do not show much of an improvement with traditional medical therapy, can also find the BSP a good treatment option. Patients who suffer from extensive sinus infections and diseases, may not be a suitable candidate for BSP.
Why is it preferred?
It is because of the advantages that the balloon sinuplasty has to offer, a number of people suffering from chronic sinusitis opt for this treatment option over the traditional sinus treatment options which is sinus surgery. Unlike the sinus surgery, BSP neither requires any tissue removal nor causes much pain, which makes it a minimally invasive sinus treatment method. Without any need for general anesthesia, this procedure can be performed quickly, at the outpatient ward.
What is the expected recovery time?
The recovery time of a balloon sinuplasty is very less. In an average, the majority of the patients return to their day to day activity and work within two days after having a BSP. However, based on the severity of the condition and the condition of the patient, the recovery time may vary from person to person.
There are various prescribed drugs, quick home remedies and over-the-counter medicines available for treating blocked nose. But when it’s a chronic sinusitis, it is the safe and fast balloon sinuplasty treatment procedure that can offer a permanent and longer solution to the various sinus related ENT conditions and infections.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir/Madam I had sex last night, but I lost erection after a few minutes but did ejaculate with flaccid penis in vagina. I noticed a whole lot of ejaculate was outside the vagina. Is there a chance of pregnancy? My wife is on her 12th day from the beginning of her first date.
I'm 24 year old and I'm having minimal bleeding from past 20 days. What should I do to stop and make my periods regular.
I got physical with my husband on 25th December which was unprotected, so I had I pill on 26th December. Now, yesterday I felt that I had periods, but there is no flow of blood. I am little worried, what should I do.
I have spotting before 1 week of my period .Gas problem. Vomiting tendency frequent urine passing over than previous month. I take a card pregnancy test 1 day due of my period .But my result is negative why this.
A fairly common disorder, which affects the intestines, irritable bowel syndrome affects many adults across the world. If you are suffering from this disorder then you would have problems with bowel movements, mostly the irregularity of it. Sometimes you may suffer from constipation, other times you may suffer from diarrhea and the type of stool will also vary often between thin and hard or soft and liquid.
Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
Some of the common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome or IBS are as follows:
- Constipation or diarrhea, the latter of which can become quite severe during certain episodes
- Gas or bloating which can make you uncomfortable
- Cramping around the stomach area especially the lower belly which tends to become worse after having food and better after bowel movements
- Quality of stools may vary quite a lot from time to time such as very hard to lose
- Stomach may start sticking out and become misshapen
- May also come with sexual as well as urinary problems
Causes of Irritable bowel syndrome
The causes for irritable bowel syndrome vary from person to person. This disorder usually has triggers and yours may be different from someone else suffering from the same problems. However some general triggers and causes could be:
- Hormonal problems:This is especially the case with women who tends to suffer From IBS more than men. Hormonal changes in the body such as before and after pregnancy and menopause or periods are known to be common.
- Dietary causes: This is one of the major external triggers that have been reported by people. A variety of foods are known to have triggered or cause IBS. Some of the foods that have been implicated are beans, chocolate, cauliflower, cabbage or milk among many others.
- Underlying illnesses:Sometimes IBS itself may be a symptom of a larger underlying problem such as gastrointestinal disorders, such as bacterial overgrowth and gastroenteritis.
- Mental health and Stress issues:People going through psychological stress such as before exams or reviews have known to have IBS as stress becomes a trigger in their case. If you have mental health issues in the long run, these are also known to trigger or cause IBS.
Some of the treatment options for IBS are:
- Mental health counseling
- Medications for bowel spasms
- Medications for diarrhea or constipation
- Specialized medications for IBS for other underlying conditions