Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Namita Jain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Namita JainYour feedback matters!
I have ankle pain. Im unable to stand immediately after sitting long time or after sleep. Why do I have this pain. What should I do to get rid of pain. The pain has increased enormously in time.
Sir, I had a injury on my leg while playing football barefoot, the bone of my leg was swelling now the pain has removed but the bone is swelled it did not get its previous size back. I am scared if there is any problem in future.
I am suffering due to back strain from the past few months what may be the reason and what should I do?
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Soft tissues around knee can cause knee pain similar to osteoarthritis Bursa around knee can cause inflammation and pain Tendon insertion can cause insertional tendinopathy All these are amenable to conservative and non-invasive therapies like cold packs , NSAIDs, and local hydrocortisone injections. Tendinopathy responds very well to ESWT( Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy).
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.