Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Namita GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from weakness. My body pains a lot and I could not get proper sleep. Sometimes I feel like dying. Can you please solve tge issue?
I am suffering from body pain. Wt shall I do? And I have dag circles on my body can you tell wt to do?
I have problem of body pain regularly. My body is increasing of fat. I am thinking its thyroid because in thyroid body pains suffocation type feelings whenever I have dark in my eyes I have felt weakness whenever so please tell me what should I do? any medicine which is you want to suggests me.
I am suffering frm body pain since 2 days specially in calvs and eyes .and have fever also what should I do?
I am 28 years old and I have body pain for more than one month along with severe weakness. I am anemic since childhood and putting on fat on a daily basis. Eyes are bulging out due to excessive fat.
I am 60 years old female. Problem of having pain and stiffness in whole body specially knee and neck. I want Ayurvedic Dr. To see my problem.
Whole body pain, feeling laziness, not able to sleep properly. I am taking medicines prescribed by the pharmacy. They are sleeping medicines which is making me more sleepy and feeling lazy. But the body pain is not getting over.
I have body pain from several days without any hard work or workout. Feeling dizzy all the day help me on that.
I am suffering from cervical Spondyilos for the last 15 years. I am getting severe pain in the entire body and having pain in evey joints and also having heaviness in head.
Last night I ate a Gobi fast food and it cannot digested and today I have body pains and head ache what are the suggestions given by yourself?
I am just 15 years old From last 14 days, l am suffering from severe body pains Please help me doctor.
I am severely suffered from acute body pain, mainly shoulder and head and also stomach is very uneasy. Can you suggest to get get relief from this.
He usually has body pain. His back hurts if he sits or stands for long. Even after taking massage it dosent get well. And he is usually tired. Even if he dosent do anything.
Pain in Buttock and leg when I am sitting and running and relief when I am sleeping. Sometime no pain. And burring in buttock.
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.