Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Namita GuptaYour feedback matters!
My mc date is 26-27 oct. I am planning for a baby. Please tell me proper days to intimate. So that I can conceive.
I have been married for 8 years. My height is 5'4" and weight 68 kg. I am 32 years old and my husband is 41 years. I have PCOS. I will be having my 2nd IUI next week. I am taking Metformin and injections Menopur 75 and HMG 150. The 2 follicles are 14 on day 16. My questions are - are my follicles good enough? Do the injections cost between 1-2k in other clinics as well, as this procedure is bit expensive (around 50k in total)? Will IUI be successful or is there any alternative treatment plan for pregnancy with pcos? How much chance do I have to get pregnant with fertility treatments? Any other information that I should take from my doctor? Please advice. Thank you.
Hi, i'm actually a 17 year old girl. Last month I was expecting I came to know about this around 2nd june. Friends suggested to eat lots and lots of papaya. I did so and within 2 days I felt strong cramps and bleeding started. My issue is the bleeding was not exactly blood much more like brown stains but a heavy flow of it. Now after 2 weeks i'm again experiencing vomiting, fatigue, frequent urination. So is there a chance I might still be pregnant?
I am pregnant 7th month is running on. I have much problem of acidity. Even medicine does not digest to me. I vomit of acid. Feeling weakness. What to do please suggest.
Can just pressing penis on pubic area/ vagina or rubbing without ejection lead to pregnancy? How to calculate fertile and infertile days and when does ovulation starts during a 27 day cycle. please advise.
I inserted copper- t 3 years ago after the birth of my 2nd son. Last month I have some business tours and due to stay aside from my husband during those long days I had lost my control upon myself and did some unusual sexual activity for three consecutive days with an unmarried boy known to me .sorry to confess I did anal sex too for the first time. Will this mishappening affect my sexual life later on. I am not to repeat the same and don't want to confess it to my husband. please guide me.
I had my period last month oct 25. Had protected sex nov 2. We used a condom properly and made sure its not broken. Im waiting for my period and im getting really nervous. Is there a chance of pregnancy?
Hello doctor. I am 21 years old. My menstrual cycle length is 36 days. So please can you tell me my ovulation time and the best time to conceive fast.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 20 may n my menstruation date is also 20. But this time I dnt hv my periods till now. What should I do?
I am male have one child trying for second one But wife not conceiving She had done test for thyroid sugar but nothing she has Trying since 3 month.
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.