Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I have yellowish marks on teeth. Though I brush twice a day but those marks are not going. It embarrasses me a lot. What to do? How to get it whiten?
My teeth are somewhat outside n I had braced it. But still now they are. I can't do it again. Can you plzzzz help me.
I am 29 year old male I have pain in my jaw and neck before it was pain on chest both side my all the reports regarding chest al are ok positive I have done lipid profile I have done echo and all test regarding chest all are fine. What to do some times its pain on ear also.
You know that market is flooded with so many types of toothbrush in various colors, type, shape and size. Some toothbrush brands promise fresh breath, deep cleaning and even teeth whitening, those makes people more confused, and make shopping of toothbrush challenge.
There are, however, some toothbrush basics that you need to know. Here are some tips about selecting proper toothbrush.
Size of Toothbrush
The best toothbrush head allow you easy access to all surfaces of your teeth. For most adults, toothbrushes head a half-inch wide and one-inch tall will be the easiest to use and the most effective. There are also larger toothbrush heads available, but they are difficult to use to clean certain areas, such as the sides and backs of your molars. The toothbrush should have a long enough handle so you can comfortably hold it in your hand. The best toothbrush is one that fits your mouth and allows you to reach all teeth surfaces easily.
Bristle variety of Toothbrush
This is the most important point in selecting toothbrush. There are so many varieties of bristle type ranging from hard, medium, soft and ultra soft. Some people use the hardest bristles as they believe that it can achieve a better clean, but these can be having a negative impact on their teeth and gums. It has been shown that the harder bristles can cause premature gum recession and wear facets (Abrasion, Toothbrush trauma) on the teeth. For these reasons we recommend using the soft bristles as they achieve the good result with minimum trauma to the teeth and gums. A soft-bristled brush is best for removing plaque and debris from teeth. The soft-bristled toothbrush will be the most comfortable and safest choice. They are easier on your gums. When you brush, you want to clean your teeth, not make your gums bleed. A toothbrush with hard bristles is more likely to cause bleeding gums. Depending on how vigorously you brush your teeth and the strength of your teeth, medium and hard bristled brushes could actually damage the gums, root surface, and protective tooth enamel. For even more tooth protection when you brush, be sure the bristles on the toothbrush you select have rounded tips. The thin bristles tips are able to enter and sweep food particles from along the gum line and between narrower gaps between the teeth. The ultra soft bristled toothbrush mainly used after gum surgery specially recommended by dentists.
Remember: The Softest the better.
Don't forget: After daily use, your toothbrush can lose its effectiveness; its bristles become hard and even become a breeding ground for germs, fungus and bacteria. For that reason toothbrush should be replaced 3 monthly. If you recently had a cold or infection, you may have transferred germs to your toothbrush so be sure to use a new toothbrush.
Don’t Miss the Dental Visits
Brushing teeth is an essential part of daily routine, but remember that regular dental visits are most important to the overall dental health. By visiting dentist twice a year for checkups and dental cleanings, and learning how to brush properly, you will definitely enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime.
At Dr. Bharat Katarmal Dental and Implant Clinic, Jamnagar, we aim to identify, treat, and educate our patients on the best oral hygiene techniques to help maintain their own oral health at home. If it’s been more than six months since your last check up, a call on 9714290071 to book an appointment for dental check up.
Tᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ᴛɪᴘs ᴠɪsɪᴛ
I am completed my root canal 1 month later. And the doctor advice me to take hot salt water rains before going to bed regularly. But I still feeling some sensitivity problame in same teeth. What to do now?
Hello Dentists, For past one week, there is bleeding when I brush, Actually my lower right side last teeth is half grown, and my gums are torn a little to make room for growing, Thinking am brushing on that gum harsh and it bleeds. It may be the reason or any other problem ?
There are two tablets for toothache - enzoflam and zintec suggested by doctor. My question is - I was supposed to take 1 tablet after meal and another one before meal and I have forgotten which one is to be taken when. Please answer my question as soon as possible.
I have a cavity in the upper last teeth. And also I can see my teeth are becoming weaker. Any suggestions how I can improve the teeth quality. For the cavity, I think I need to go for filling. Please suggest.
I am 54 years old gents. I am having tooth decay problem . Each month I am losing some part of my teeth due to decay . I expect it will finish within next 5/6 years . Why such thing happening and what to do. Shyam sundar Rout - e amil address bonaisgupsng"gmail.Com. Please help me.
My name is deepu I have some dental problem since three years. My teeth become yellow and some infection in my lower jaw.
हमें दाट में दर्द रहता है बरष करने के बाद ठीक रहता है 4 घंटा फिर करने लगता है इस का कोई उपाय है काय सर
What is the reason behind thirst at night after drinking alcohol. When I consume alcohol I need water at night.Please tell sir.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.