Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NainaYour feedback matters!
How can we come to know that baby in my womb is my husband's baby or boyfriend's baby? Is it recognised without D.N.A test?
I hav completed my 9th mnth of pregnancy need to knw that is dere any change in the movements of the baby. Is it fast or is it normal or slow or smtym fast or slow.
I am 27 now I want to ask that some time I have pain in my left brest due to a small nods inside it what should I do?
Polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) have multiple small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts occur when the regular changes of a normal menstrual cycle are disrupted. The ovary is enlarged; and produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones. This excess, along with the absence of ovulation, may cause infertility. Other names for pcod are polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or the stein-leventhal syndrome.
Causes of pcod:
We don't really understand what causes pcod, though we do know that it has a significant hereditary component, and is often transmitted from mother to daughter. We also know that the characteristic polycystic ovary emerges when a state of an ovulation persists for a length of time. Patients with pco have persistently elevated levels of androgens and estrogens, which set up a vicious cycle. Obesity can aggravate pcod because fatty tissues are hormonally active and they produce estrogen which disrupts ovulation. Overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens, and these may also contribute to pcod. These women also have insulin resistance (high levels of insulin in their blood, because their cells do not respond normally to insulin).
Weight loss diet for pcod
In case of pcod, carbohydrate loading is very important to improve insulin sensitivity.
Avoid high glycemic index foods
Include green leafy vegetables fruits
Not all fat is bad and healthy fats are essential for your pcos diet. Essential fatty acids are really important for maintaining the cell wall, which allows nutrients in, and toxins out. They are also vital for hormone balance, weight management and fertility. These healthy fats are found in nuts and seeds, oily fish, avocado and olive oil so be sure to incorporate those into your diet.
6. Adequate quantity of vitamin b and magnesium
Whilst diet is hugely important aspect to tackling pcos, we must not forget other lifestyle changes that will help to overcome pcos and it's symptoms.
Manage stress levels
Share the burden and get good support from your family and friends.
Look after yourself and pamper yourself. We need to reclaim our womanhood and femininity so a little bit of tlc is definitely in order.
There is no magical formula that's going to make us all better. However, by making these diet and lifestyle changes now, we can manage our symptoms and improve our health.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer pizz give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take.
Hi. I have a breast pain. I did two pregnancy test and the result was negative. I feel sick sometimes it makes me wait and sometimes I feel dizzy. What should I do? My ovulation was on the 28th september I think.
While many of us wish we could stay under the shower all day in the summers, winters and lazy Sundays find many of us making excuses to skip a shower. However, having a shower not only keeps you clean, it also plays an important part in keeping you healthy and fit. According to Ayurveda, a morning shower is an essential part of the daily routine and is considered as a therapeutic activity. Here are a few reasons you should never skip a morning shower.
- It calms your muscles: A shower reduces tension in your muscles and can help relax sore muscles. It also helps increase flexibility and muscle elasticity. If you’ve slept awkwardly and woken up with a stiff neck, a shower can help ease the stress and make you more comfortable. Thus, a simple shower could save you a trip to the physiotherapist.
- Showers boost circulation: Showering with warm water increases blood circulation and ensures that even cells in your extremities receive nutrition. Increased blood circulation also reduces pressure on your heart and protects you against a number of cardio vascular ailments.
- It boosts the immune system: The core function of taking a shower is to clean the body. This reduces the number of bacteria and fungal cells that can infect you. A cold shower also stimulates the vascular and lymph system and promotes the production of white blood cells that fight infections. Showering also helps eliminate toxins that are released along with sweat.
- Elevates the mood: If you’re feeling blue, a shower may be what you need. Having a cold water shower activates the nervous system and increases the amounts of chemicals such as beta endorphins and noradrenaline in the blood. These chemicals help fight depression and elevate the mood. Additionally, a cold water shower also sends electrical impulses that have an anti-depressive effect from the brain.
- Improves lung functionality: When you put your head under water, you are forced to breathe differently. Showering makes you take a deep breath and hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. This action opens up your lungs and increases your oxygen intake.
- It makes you more sociable: It’s simple; when you bathe, you smell good. This makes people want to be around you and boosts your confidence. You’re also less worried about your hair looking oily or your shoulders being dusted with dandruff when you’ve taken a shower and hence can focus your attention on conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have pcod problem. Treatment start last one year I have tha tablet cycloment and ovjen dsr but not pregnancy. Y?Am loss tha wait 10 kg how what I do. So sad.
Watermelon the super duper cooler
It is the season of watermelons. They are best during the summer as they are sweet and juicy. As the name says it all watermelon is 92% water and only 8%sugar.
Research shows that watermelon cuts the risk of sun related skin damage by 40%. That's because watermelon is nature's richest source of lycopene, an antioxidant that scavenges the uv-induced free radicals that cause sunburn and wrinkling. Lycopene may also help reduce the risks of cancer and other diseases.
Watermelon can help improve sleep. It is high in vitamin b6 which helps manufacture serotonin and dopamine (mood related chemical) in brain. When levels of serotonin increase at night, the brain is less sensitive to disruptive stimuli (like noise) during sleep.
Watermelons are rich in electrolytes, sodium and potassium which are lost through perspiration. Also its high potassium content helps to control bp.
They are rich in vitamin a, b and c. What's more, they are low in calories and very nutritious.