Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Nahida GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I had hairs on my face chin area is affected most and on upper lips and on cheeks. I went through laser treatment and taking laser treatment since 2013 but initially frequency was after 20 days and after one year it was one and half month and now after three months. My question is that is it safe to take laser treatment so long. Someone has told me it causes skin cancer so was worried please guide. Is it so?
Cancer konsi problems se hota hai? Body ke kis kis jaga par hota hai? Cancer hone par kya karna chahiye. Jo cancer thik ho jaye.
After surgery of prostate cancer on 26.5. 2025, I have no control over passing urine. My under garments remain always wet. Kindly advise.
She has pain in her right breast already consulted a physician but it is still same. Can we should go for mamography.
I am 27years old. L found a lump in my breast last July, and took medicines for 6months, then it subsided for 2 months. Now it has reappeared again. I did mammography. The result is same as 8months ago. What should I do now?
I am a cancer patient on medication including chemo for the last two years. This has of. Late effected my hearing. Dr. Has suggested to go for some low priced hearing aid for the time being. Can you pl. suggest any such hearing aid suitable only for one to one because being cancer patient I am mostly confined to bed. Thanks and regards.
Hi doctor, Today I had received blood from my left nose. Can you pls confirm is there is any issue in my health. In Google if I search it's showing cancer or Brian issue. I am fearing pls confirm.
Ovaries are the primary reproductive organs in the female body which produces the eggs that need to be fertilized to form a fetus in the womb. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the ovaries and spreads till the pelvis and the abdomen. This cancer is usually cured by either a surgery or chemotherapy.
Ovarian cancer is mostly caused due to a genetic mutation which transforms the healthy cells of the ovaries into abnormal cancerous cells. The abnormal cells then generally form a tumor which spreads further inside the female body. The type of cell in which the cancer begins determines the type of ovarian cancer you have. Ovarian cancer types include:
- Epithelial tumors: it is the most common type of ovarian cancer which begins from the thin layer that covers the ovaries.
- Stromal tumors: this type begins in those tissues which contain the hormone producing cells.
- Germ cell tumors: this usually happens among relatively younger women, and it originates from the egg producing cells of the ovaries.
Factors that boost your risk of getting an ovarian cancer are listed below:
- Age: the risk of ovarian cancer is greater in women who are between 50 to 60 years. However, ovarian cancer is such a condition that can occur at any age.
- Estrogen hormone replacement therapy: this therapy tends to alleviate menopausal symptoms and renews the hormones of a woman's body. If you are undergoing this therapy then you are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- Congenital: the risk of ovarian cancer can sometimes also be due to an inherited gene mutation and can be passed on from the parents to the offspring.
- Menstrual risk: if you had started menstruating before the age of 12 or had a menopause before the age of 52 then the risk of you developing ovarian cancer increases.
- Other risk factors: these factors do not pose a subsequent amount of threat of having an ovarian cancer, but they slightly increase the risk. These are activities like: regular smoking, fertility treatments, never being pregnant, use of an intrauterine device and polycystic ovary syndrome.
Hi. I am 26, married male. I have a lump in my right chest. Under my nipple. Painful sometimes. Is it serious?
have a swelling on neck doctor told cervical adenitis submental triangle is it symptoms of cancer or not?
It's been 3 months my mother diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Now planning for surgery, before it what test should be done and can we also look for immunotherapy for it.
The oral cavity consists of the lips, gums, teeth, cheeks (buccal mucosa), the frontal 66% of the tongue, the hard top of the mouth (hard palate), the floor of the mouth beneath the tongue and the region behind the wisdom teeth (retromolar trigone). Development of oropharyngeal cancer occurs in the region of the throat behind the mouth, called the oropharynx. The oropharynx starts where the oral depression closes.
The World Health Organization states that oral cancer ranks eleventh in terms of the common cancer around the world. It is commonly found in men and its spread is slightly higher in developing countries. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco contributes to around 90% of oral cavity cancer cases.
Cancerous oral growth is dealt with procedures which are similar to treatments of different cancers i.e. with the assistance of surgery followed by radiation treatment. In radiation treatments, patients may need to manage the various side effects. Specialists at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) along with the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala have made a mouthwash utilizing herbal substances, as recommended in Ayurveda, which can help in diminishing the intense amount of pain in patients experiencing radiation therapy for oral cancer.
Other important Ayurvedic remedies may entail the following:
- Lemon: A deficiency of vitamin C is experienced in the body once you are diagnosed with oral cancer. Therefore, consuming fresh lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C, around 3 to 4 times a day, is very helpful
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in 'beta-carotene' which is considered to be an anti-cancer nutrient. It is recommended for patients suffering from oral cancer since it is a source of antioxidants. Consumption of at least 1 glass of carrot juice per day helps in fighting this form of cancer.
- Grape Seed: The seeds of the grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which help to destroy the radical cells. These radical cells damage the cells present in the mouth, thus causing oral cancer. The vitamin E, C and beta-carotene present in grapes strengthen the immunity system. The grapes should be crushed to form a paste and the liquid should be strained to form a juice. Consume this juice 3-4 times in a day.
- Bitter gourd: It is rich in alpha eleostearic acid, which helps in elimination of cancerous cells without affecting the normal ones.