Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NagpalYour feedback matters!
I have eye number. Some times I shows flying lines or rings. When I move eyes the rings or lines also moves with eyes. It distract me for focusing some where. How I reduce this effect and how I reduce my eye number.
Hi. I am 27 years old. I had a medical abortion on 3rd March but it was incomplete. And hence I went through medical abortion again on 13th March. I am not bleeding heavy currently and feel stressed. Can I go for a spa/massage on 19th March? Can I use tampons for it? Is it safe? Will I have to inform my massage therapist about my abortion?
I get pre cum early in the morning and all the medicines do not work so please advice me something that works not something you hope works. Ive tried sensival, duloxe (antidepressants) they seemed to work for a while then stopped Ive tried ashwagandha, acdiphos, staphysgiria (did not work at all) Soya beans works but very occasionally.
My father is 70 years old and suddenly he is not behaving properly. He used to said my brain not working and I am not able to work. If he stand then remain standing for few minutes in lost condition like he forget what to do next. We had an general examination and physically he is ok in terms of pulse n be. But he is very tensed and taking tension of day to day work also. Please help.
I am a married female n hav 2 kids. 12 years n 8 yrs. All these years of marriage I hav not been able to make a positive rapo with my mother in law. There r lots of quarrels n fights everyday or every week or so. I am fed up now. I want live in isolation witj my husband n kids but I do not think my husband wud agree. I am in such a mental imbalance. Pls advice. She does not hesitate quarrelling with my husband n kids. Pls advice. I am in such a distress.
I do not know why I always worry a lot. Negative thoughts come in my mind. I feel stressed. I worry about study n many more things. Please suggest me something.
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition in which a person has excessive and unreasonable fear of certain social situations. Anxiety and self-consciousness arise from a fear of being scrutinized, embarrassed or judged by others. The fear may be made worse by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. This persistent anxiety can build into a panic attack, and the affected person may start avoiding social situations under extreme distress. People with social anxiety disorder also suffer anticipatory anxiety, which is the fear of a situation even before it happens. In many cases, the person is aware that the fear is unreasonable and overblown, yet is unable to overcome it.
Like many other mental health conditions, social anxiety disorder arises from a complex interaction of environment and genes. The possible causes are:
- Inherited traits - Genetic factors may contribute to the development of social anxiety disorder if it is present in a first-degree relative (parents, siblings or child).
- Brain structure - Nuclei shaped part of the brain called amygdala may play a role in controlling the fear response. People with overactive amygdala may have a heightened fear response, increasing anxiety in social situations.
- Environmental factors - Social anxiety disorder may be a learned behavior. You may develop the condition after witnessing the anxious behavior of others. Also, there may be an association between social anxiety disorder and overprotective parents wanting to control their children.
Social anxiety disorder is the second most common type of anxiety disorder, which most often surfaces in adolescence or early adulthood. It is more common in women than in men. There is no way to predict what will cause social anxiety disorder, but some steps can be taken to reduce the impact of symptoms by getting help early instead of delaying, managing stress in daily life and avoiding unhealthy substances like alcohol, drugs and caffeine.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
Armodafinil vs modafinil - which is better? Recently my doctor mentioned modafinil ; however prescribed armodafinil in wakalert 150 mg. Did she forget the modafinil brand or is it same in action. I did not get the same effects as modafinil though. Hence asking.
Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it
A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.
Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.
Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:
- Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
- Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
- Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
- Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.
Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible.