Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I didn't get my periods from past 15 days. I used tablet to postpone my periods last month. But even this month also I am suffering. Please suggest medicine to take.
Akurit 4000, Himalaya liv52, ollvit 4g, Bugrab-D. These r 4 medicine which r prescribed to my wife tell me is this a major problem of not being pregnant, for 5 years. Is treatment is right, is something serious abt baby pls suggest us what should be go further to have pregnancy as quick as possible.
I am 22 year old. During menstruation on early hours of 1st day I get heavy stomach ache, legs pains, vomiting sensation, sweaty feeling, felt very much tired that I even couldn't sit and even my face color changes to black for some time. It lasts only for few minutes and after I take rest then I feel normal. I heard it it a common problem. What is the reason for that? Please let me know that and suggest me some natural tips to lessen those symptoms without medication.
My wife has regular periods last three months, she got period last at 23.12. 2015 after that she doesn't get any periods till now at the same time she gets head ache simultaneously thrice a day. And we doesn't do any sexual actions till now because we postponed. What was the problem, what is the cause of problem, if there's a solution. If it is mean what was solution. And one more query that is I thought my wife got uterus weakness what was the problem, due to this any problem in pregnancy. If there's any solution. And if any problem for my wife and baby.
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Hello Doctor, I'm suffering from white discharge problem my knees back and elbow pains a lot. What should I do to overcome from this problem? Please help and suggest. Thanks and regards.
It's been 4 months now, I haven't get period. The irregularities issue I faced since three years. Have checked with gynaecologist but seems no good result. I am single and have no affairs at all in my life. Please let me know what to do?
I have 2 fibroids measuring 5cm and three cm. Doctors have suggested myomectomy. Please suggest as i am am scared of surgeries. I am 41 years old.
This time my periods came on time but flow was not the usual, it was a bit less than usual and strangely I did not bleed at night only during day times. Please advice.
I want to increase the size of my penis.My sex partner and me also do not get satisfied while intercose.And i am not able to give more time while intercose. How can i solve my these problem suggest me?
Gynaecological endoscopy is of two types
Hysteroscopy: A small optical instrument is inserted at the neck of the uterus; it is used to examine the inside of the uterine cavity, and in some cases, is used to remove endometrial polyps
Laparoscopy: It is done through a small incision on the belly to examine the Fallopian tubes, the ovaries and the uterus; it is minimally invasive
Gynaecological endoscopy has the following advantages
Recovery time is minimised
Lesser risks of infections, or other side-effects
You do not need to do a lot to prepare for endoscopy. Here are the few things you have to go through before this surgery is conducted:
The preparation depends on the kind of surgery to be done. You might require imaging tests. Also, the doctor may recommend an enema or even fasting.
You need to inform your doctor about any medication you are taking, including supplements or non-prescription drugs. Stop taking your medications before the procedure.
The surgery is mostly done under general anaesthesia.
A catheter (a small tube) is inserted to collect urine and carbon dioxide is used to fill your abdomen once you are asleep. The gas keeps your organs safe by keeping the abdominal wall away from them. This reduces the dangers of injury.
A small incision in your navel will allow the surgeon to insert the endoscope. The endoscope relays images on a screen, giving a clear image of your organs to your doctor.