Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I'm pregnant 22 weeks now. My bp is 130/80. I reduced salt and oil. But it is in the same. What I have to do for normal bp level. Without using medicine how to decrease?
Me and my girlfriend had sex 2 months before but she did not get her periods back. We checked prega news and it is negative. She did not get period since 2 months and 10 days. What we should do?
I am 5 months pregnant. In my sonography a problem found" Low lying posterior placenta" please guide me or necessary suggestion to overcome the said problem.
These days we read and hear a lot about imported food items and its nutritional benefits that are available in the market at sky high prices. While certainly these products has certain benefits associated with it, however somewhere in the media attention the importance of Indian spices is neglected. I am a firm believer of goodness of Indian spices and traditional benefits that it has to offer.
In next few days I will try and make an attempt to list benefits and usage of traditional Indian spices.
Hope you’ll enjoy these updates.
Nutrition & Wellness Expert
Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help.
Sir. Daily I normally passed urine but today I got too much pain in the penis when I passed urine. I saw little bleeding came with urine at last when almost urine passing is finished. Sir why its happens and what treatment can I get. please sir help me.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
5. In patchy baldness: saffron mixed in liquorice and milk makes an effective topical application to induce hair growth in alopecia.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
I have been doing sex regularly for last more then two months with my wife, however whenever I put my penis in hervaginashe is getting pain due to which we are enable to enjoysex life. Is It some problem with her or it's normal, kindly advice or prescribe some medicine.
1. Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
2.Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
3.Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
4.Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
5.Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
6.If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
7.Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
8.Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.