Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagesh Jain
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nagesh JainYour feedback matters!
Hi and hello pls suggest me at now I am using melacare cream . Is there any alternative cream for whiting and glow on face or can I use vitamin c cream on face ?
I am having dark circles and black black dots from where cheeks start just below dark circles. And these becomes reddish brown when face exposes to sun. What should I do?
Any face wash for face holes and dry skin and redness is also there so any face wash to make face clear.
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.