Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nagendra GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi on july 15 I delivered a baby boy nd I noticed his right feet was clubfoot what should I do? I consulted doctor but he said dat v hav to do some sort of surgery is it necessary to do dat is der any other way to solve dis problem without surgery em. Worried about my prince? Plzz help me out plz.
In my neighbor there is a little girl 2 years old. Her legs are not normal. Wide out while she walks. The family is really poor, but the child is really cute They showed her to govt hospital, they have jst taken blood for results. Could you please help or advice,
My daughter is 2 years 4 months. She sleeps 12.30-1 at night and wakes up at 12.30 next afternoon. Between 8.00-9.00 A.M. I feed her milk and thereafter straight she have her lunch when she wakes up at 12.30. Is the long gap have an adverse effect on her health?
My baby is premature baby born in 7th month. Now he is 5 months old. Some red spots came on his cheeks. Is they are harmful?
Hi mam my baby is now 10 months old but still her teeth's are not come yet and from 2-3 days she having loose motions and vomiting can you please help me.
My daughter is 3 month 15 days. She caught cold and cough badly. She is coughing very badly and there are sound whenever she is coughing her nose block Dr. Gv nasal drop, Hiatorest, kufril-LS and nikomox dry syrup. And iprazest. Baby is too small can I give this type of all medicines?
Hi sir. Hamara ek baby boy hai 3 years ka. Wo bahut hi ziddi hai or hr time koi na koi sararat krta hai. Jis kaam ko mna kro wahi kaam krta hai kisi ki nhi sunta hai. Kabhi kbhar uska mood ho to baat maan leta hai. Kya aap iske regarding koi help kr sakte hain. Please help.
My 2 years small baby her lungs cough problem and at sleeping she snore. How could get rid of this ?
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
My son (1 year old, 11 kg) was crying inconsolably and twisting his body and after half an hour he vomited two times around 4 pm yesterday. Also he has got fever at night and in today's morning. Then I consulted pediatrician yesterday and he advised that due to viral infection my son is suffering and symptoms may get subsided after 2-3 days. Dr. Has prescribed maxtra, grandem, one ear drop (for any irritation in ear on sos). Please advise on this issue.
lymphadenitis near neck of baby is becoming big day by day .now baby is in 4th month .what to do please help me with your suggestions.
My baby is 35 days old. Today circumcision was done. Nurse told me to give water for him. Till now I only breast feed. Is it necessary to feed water?
I want know that child growth what process mean fetal development and cardiovascular activity in by months by months detail please advice.
Is the biscuits of Marie gold or crack jack salt biscuit. Which biscuit is better for baby to give first.
Dear Sir/ Ma'm, I am having a baby boy of 2 years and he is still use to take breastfeeding. Please let me know how it harmful to mother & for child? Also suggest prescription for the same?
Here are some causes and treatments for tooth sensitivity.
Puberty is a time when a girl's body begins to define itself in more womanly terms. This is the start of a process that will usher in decades of sexual activeness and child bearing years. The changes that a girl goes through during this period can be quite challenging with a play of hormones as well as physical changes, such as growth of hair in private parts and the development of breasts, among various other changes. When these changes come at an early age, it can be all the more challenging to cope and comprehend the process. The onset of early puberty is something that is becoming more and more common with girls between the age bracket of 12 & 13. How can you help deal with early puberty? Here's a list of tips!
1. Self-Image: One of the most important side effects of early puberty remains one's image of the self, as this phase in life is characterised by the most dramatic physical changes that can leave a lifelong effect on the girl's mind. The reinforcement of positive self-image to help the girl grow more comfortable in her skin despite the wide array of feedback she may be getting from sources outside the home, will help in creating a positive impact on a lifelong basis.
2. Doubts: This is a time when the child goes through a number of doubts regarding looks and appearance as well as how well she may be able to cope with the onset of the new process. As parents, the best thing to do is to let the child explore this terrain even as you remain firmly in the background for hand holding when the child asks for it. This will help the girl become even more confident to take life's decision more efficiently and seriously.
3. Talking About It: The best thing to do is to talk things out. Once you start seeing the changes in the girl's appearance by way of hair growth and sudden sprouting of breasts and height, it is important to understand that puberty may be close by. So have a talk about menstrual cycles and the changes that the child will be seeing soon. This will help in mentally preparing the child and giving her the leeway to ask questions that you can answer over a period of time.
4. Opposite Sex: It would also be beneficial to discuss the changes in the behaviour of boys towards her, as this will help her blossom into a more confident lady in the years to come.
Remember to love and support your child through this important milestone of her life, as the way you reach can have a lasting impact on her.