Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N Subramanian
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. N SubramanianYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old and I have frequent urination (15 to 20) times and there is no sign of infection while having urine test, and I lost my sexual desire also, can I know whether this is temporary or permanent? And how I will get rid of this condition?
I am 23 yrs old female . I felt pain during urination and sensation of urinate frequently. Later I drunk lot of water and coccunut water. It become 10 days but sometimes I didnot feel pain if I takes fruit juices but sometimes pain s there. What I have to do?
I'm a dialysis patient. Dialysis suddenly stopped after 2 hour yesterday because of low blood pressure it happened previous dialysis also. And I feel too much muscle cramps and shortness of breath. Doctor ask me to increase dry weight during dialysis. I want to know what is the meaning of it?
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.