Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Sairam
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S SairamYour feedback matters!
I am migraine patient. what treatment is good for the same, also when I put head on pillow after ten minutes left side of my nose gets blocked what may be the reasons.
My dad is 51 years old. He is fainted at around 2.30 pm last saturday. Was immediately admitted in hospital. Doctor says he is suffering from HIE Mri is done It has now been 8th day he has still not woke up.
Dementia severely affects a person’s normal activities, and the role of the family in helping the patient to manage the condition is crucial. A person diagnosed with dementia would invariably experience a wide array of emotions which may include denial, loneliness, frustration, anger and extreme depression. So, if any of your family member is suffering from dementia, here are some of the ways by which you can take care of the affected individual.
Know more about the disease your loved one is suffering from:
When your loved one is suffering from dementia, it is your responsibility as a caregiver to know more about the disease and the symptoms. Dementia is a progressive biological brain disorder which progresses at a fast pace. Moreover, dementia is known for causing behavioral changes, alteration in personality and mood swings.
- Set a positive mood: When you are communicating, your attitude towards the affected individual should be conveyed effectively through your actions and not just words. You should attempt to establish a positive mood by speaking with the patient respectfully. Your physical touch, facial expressions, and tone of voice play a commendable role in showing your feelings towards the person.
- Convey your message clearly: While interacting with a person who has dementia, you should use simple words and sentences in a reassuring tone. Your manner should be straightforward and comforting. You should never raise your voice even when the person is not able to understand what you are saying. You should repeat the same thing using the same words until the patient understands. It is also a good practice to use names of places and persons instead of referring to them through pronouns.
- Answer with heart: You should be very patient to receive the reply from the sick person. In case the affected individual is struggling to find an answer, it is always good to suggest some words. You should also be watchful of any non-verbal cues as well as body language and respond appropriately. You should always strive to listen to the feelings that lie beyond the words.
- Attend to your own health: Even though you may find this to be a no-brainer, research indicates that caregivers are more prone to be affected by Alzheimer ’s disease, depression, and other illnesses particularly when they don't receive adequate support from the family. When you are the caregiver, make sure that you receive sufficient amount of sleep and proper nutrition and most importantly, exercise and socializing. When you are exhausted or socially isolated, you are at a risk of becoming physically ill and depressed. The sooner you seek aid, the longer you can lead a happy life.
Any disease can upset the routine of the entire family. But with proper awareness and positive attitude, any challenge can be handled in the best possible manner.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have headache problem from few years But I don't know is it migraine How should I do come to know that I have migraine?
I have a long standing migraine problem. Recently I was prescribed Topamac and Rivotril (.5) by a neurologist and Divaa and Pexep by a general medicine specialist. Are these medicines safe, as they show a great deal of side-effects. I do not want to get addicted to them. Is there any alternative medicine?
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency - The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety - Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects.