Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N S AroraYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have a mouth ulcer under my below lip and it doesn't cause pain! but sometimes it get bigger and sometimes smaller what should I do? I have this problem form last 4 months. Thanks!
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
Which type of doctor I should to consult for yawning/shortness to of breath? please tell me cause of this breath shortness and treatment for this, and sometimes I can't take breath properly have to take deep breath from mouth,
Some of friends told me that cleaning/whitening my teeth at the dentist's will take its enamel off and they will become sensitive to hot and cold food/water. Is that true?
There is a cavity in my tooth and I feel sensitivity whenever I take cold water or sweets. What should I do?
I get sudden pain when I brush my upper left teeth and I get it also when I eat chocolate or something really sweet.
Hello sir, actually My tooth is paining. Wisdom tooth. A doctor took a x-ray and told me that the infection is near root canal. After temporary filling she said that will see if the pain continues then we have to go for root canal. I want to know about root canal and capping charges. She said there is no requirement for root canal but my tooth is still paining. I have got a tonsil on my neck. Is tooth pain related to any tonsil.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
I am 45 years old male My teeth was sensitive. Kindly suggest me what to do and what not to do. And give home level remedy to treat this problem.
I have a bad breath. Stinks a lot wot should I do can't even talk to people. Even I du brush my teeth daily. Wot shud I du.?
Hello doctor, I have tooth ache from last two days. I can't eat properly. Pls suggest what should I do?
Hello Doctor, I have heard that when it burns use tooth paste on it so that it will not bulge. Is this true?
I smell bad even after bathing also my mouth smells bad after having onions and garlic in diet. What do I do.
I have broken one tooth in the very front. So how to fill the gap. Which is the best way to fill that gap? Thanks
I am Sankar Srinivasan, age 48. I was affected by epilepsy in my childhood. Had phenytoin sodium tablet. Now reducing dose. My problem is, teeth enamel is damaging in 5 teeth's. Already extracted 3 teeth. I want to save my teeth's. Please kindly guide me Sankar Srinivasan.
People loose lose their teeth for various reasons ranging from gum diseases, bone loss conditions,dental cavities, injuries and age. A missing tooth, particularly at the front of your mouth, can lead to changes in your smile and loss of confidence. Apart from aesthetic reasons, a missing tooth also impacts the way you talk, and eat your food. Over time, the bone mass which was supporting the tooth starts eroding and causes the loosening of your neighboring teeth. To prevent this and regain the confidence of a beautiful smile, most people, as well as doctors, prefer dental implants.
Why are dental implants the preferred option?
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth since they are the closest thing to getting back your original pearly whites. Most patients prefer implants to other tooth replacement options like dentures and dental bridges since they offer the maximum stability and durability. Patients maintaining their dental implants properly can expect them to last around 25-30 years and even more. Besides looking like real teeth, they also function like your natural ones. That alone is the reason why so many people consider them.
Now let's understand what are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium metal posts which are used to replace the roots of a missing tooth and support a custom made crown. They are placed in your jawbone through a minor surgical procedure that is done under local anesthesia at your doctor's chamber. To replace your missing tooth with an implant, the dentist will attach a crown that takes the place of your visible tooth. After your implant has fused with your jaw bone and healed, the crown will be changed to a permanent one that matches the colour of your teeth flawlessly. This process can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth. Unlike bridges and dentures, crowns which are fitted to these implants do not shift or slip. The secure fit gives a more natural look. It also gives comfort while speaking and chewing food.
Is a dental implant very painful?
A dental implant is as painful as any other procedure done by your dentist, for eg a filling. Done under local anesthesia, an implant does not leave any open wound so the healing process is quicker. Minor discomfort after the placement of the implants can be relieved through normal painkillers like ibuprofen. Depending on which part of the mouth you have lost your tooth, your dental implant procedure should take less than an hour to complete.
Healthy gums for implants
If one is considering going for an implant, then you must know that implants need healthy gums with enough bone support. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and regular dental visits should be made so as to ensure long term success of the implants.
Care of the Implants:
Usually dental implants are very successful and here are few steps to help you take care of them to get long term benefits:
- Good oral hygiene: Brush twice a day and make flossing a routine. Use of interdental brushes
- can help clean the areas around the implant.
- Abstain from smoking as it can make your bones weak and result in implant failure.
- Avoid putting too much pressure on the implants: Eating food items like gums and candies can
- break the crown of both artificial and natural teeth.
- Visit your dentist every six months.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.