Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N Prakash
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N PrakashYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am getting bore all the time what ever I do I am not happy with that work.Please suggest I am getting stress.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi I want to know that I have OCD last year I give my college exams due to depression from exams and from other reasons I wasn't able to prepare for my exams because my ocd was worst due to depression I just can't study due to ocd I try to study but my brain doesn't supports me other things pop up into my mind I have to do certain things at regular intervals which doesn't mean anything now I think my result will not be good I have much pressure from my family because of upcoming result I haven't shared that I have ocd with my family so they don't know about my problem and they think I don't work hard. This year it's again happening I can't study because of ocd my mind don't focus on studying other things pop up into my mind when I am trying to study I have to do certain rituals every now and then because of ocd. Please help me how can I fight my ocd. I am 17 years old.
Dear doctor, need. Your help and advise pls, my son is going to be 8 years by coming Feb, and.studying in 2nd class. He has Serious problem in standing, he doesn't concentrate on studies and has memory loss problem, he forgets the subject very next day, and very casual in studying and. Writing and some times he gets good Marks and appreciation as well, could not understand him, am totally worried about his studies and future, thought of sharing my concern and worries, sorry if am asking a wrong question.
Depression is such an ailment that may be intensely distressing and may lead to severe damage to the afflicted person and their close ones, if left without proper care and treatment. So if you are in charge of caring for patients affected with chronic depression, then it may seem challenging as well as equally rewarding. You will feel challenged when you're trying to figure out a possible solution to help the patient. Each patient is a distinct individual with varying needs contrary to the patients affected with diabetes or cardiac disorders where the treatments are properly schemed and structured.
Caring for yourself is also important-
When you are trying to deal with patients affected with depression, you will first have to properly recognize depression and anxiety. When someone you love is affected with depression, you will try your level best to help that person come out of the situation. However, note that it is also important to take care of your own mental as well as physical health. Because when you are trying to help a person come out of depression, it is likely that you too would face similar psychological distress. A recent study reported that caregivers of depressed people with bipolar disorder and severe depressive problems were more susceptible to psychological troubles than care providers of other healthcare needs like diabetes or cancer among general population. So it is really imperative to look after yourself as well.
Sticking to a well-regulated treatment plan-
Though social support is significant, it alone cannot help in suppressing depression. If you know a person encountering pangs of depression, advise him or her to seek professional assistance. Depression is such a clinical condition that requires to be dealt with medication, therapy or a balanced combination of both. You will have to make them understand that you care about them, but you alone cannot succeed in healing that person without proper medical guidance. Encourage such people to closely follow a physician’s advice and take proper medicines as recommended by the healthcare provider.
Insisting on following healthy habits-
You will have to try to encourage the patients in regulating their energies into doing something positive for both mind and body. This can be aptly done through exercise, which helps in lowering the risk of anxiety as well as depression with regular practice. This, along with the intake of a healthy balanced diet would also help them to recover faster.
While doing your bit to aid a person come out of depression, you should also take him or her to a responsive psychologist who can recommend faster methods of getting rid of depression permanently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
People start smoking in teen age, how could we prevent them as we know it is an adolescence related problem.
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.