Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. N PrakashYour feedback matters!
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.
I have a lot of dandruff in my hair which is very sticky and my whole scalp is full of whitish dandruff which I can not remove, not even in summer. I consulted a doctor previously he told me the name of the disease is oasis or soyasis (i forgot the name). Can you please tell me which medicine or lotion will help me to cure this kind of dandruff?
How to convince a friend who is going through a bipolar disorder but does not want to see a counsellor or doctor but at the same time thinking of just taking anti depressant medication?
Hi! My height is not increasing from last 2 years I have some weak points that I am Short temper and I cannot concentrate on any thing I cannot meditate my mind and my height is small and my weight is very much My height-4.9 My weight-55 kg Please help me I am very concern for my height.
Hi I was cheated by my bf n v broke up 2 years back but still I am unable to move on and I still think about him. What to do.
Can college students who are studying take mecobalamin or other nerve med to make nerves strong as sometimes face anxiety disorders due to which the doc has earlier prescribed mecobalamin 1500 mcg once a day for 25 days to make nerves strong.
So I had a break up I was in a relationship for more then 4 years and the reason was that I'm not stable mentally ,I tried my best to work things out but didn't work. I feel I am not sharp in head I need help where I be quick in things, so now I work a during the day for 9 hrs but even though I'm very tired I don't get sleep in the night and I'm going through a lot of stress and I don't know wat to do.
Do you worry about your friend or relative’s drinking habits? You are not alone. There are people who struggle for years with the same question - How can I tell if the person I love is an alcoholic or not?
Well, the good news is that you don’t need to be a medical professional to figure out the right answer to this vital question. Read on to find simple ways to know whether your loved one suffers from alcohol addiction.
First up is a short quiz about drinking habits, developed by Dr. John Ewing to identify alcohol addiction. Treat this as a pointer and take your loved one to an expert, if it points towards alcohol addiction. You can ask these questions directly to your loved one, or you can answer these questions on their behalf.
According to the developers, one "yes" to the four quiz questions signals a problem, and more than one “yes” means that it's time for you or your loved one to get professional help.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?”
There are many signs of a serious drinking problem. These include certain behaviours such as:
- Drinking just for getting drunk
- Drinking alone
- Keeping alcohol consumption a secret
- Drinking to escape problems
- Hiding alcohol bottles
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms like getting irritated or experiencing nervousness, nausea, getting shakes, breaking out into a cold sweat, and getting hallucinations when unable to source alcohol
- Having problems at work, school, or home, as a result of alcohol consumption
- Losing interest in activities you or your friend used to enjoy
- Having blackouts due to heavy drinking
- Anger and extreme irritation
Other extreme behaviors to watch out for are:
- Being able to drink an awful lot of alcohol
- Trouble stopping once your loved one starts drinking
- A powerful urge to drink
There is another scientific way to determine, if your loved one is an alcoholic. In the US, medical professionals commonly use a criteria, listed in the fourth edition of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders’. According to it, the signs and symptoms of alcoholism are clearly laid down and it states that alcohol dependent people:
- Will drink more to get their desired effect from alcohol
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when the effect of alcohol wears off
- Drink larger amounts of alcohol over a longer period of time
- Will be unable to consistently control their drinking
- Will leave important work for drinking
- Will spend a lot of time during the day getting alcohol, drinking it, and recovering from hangovers.
- Continue to use alcohol, despite knowing that their chronic physical or psychological problem is caused due to alcohol.
- To be declared alcohol-dependent, your loved one must experience at least three of these criteria during a year.
However, there is still no one definite test to diagnose alcohol-use disorders. Therefore, professionals diagnose them by making use of the patient’s comprehensive medical, family, and mental-health information.