Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.N. KhannaYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old. Having hypertension, I am on Telmisartan 80 mg. But bp isn't under control. Now also it's 220/110. No other complications. I am a vegetarian and non smoker, non alcoholic. Kindly help me out.
I am 39 years old. Some times I am feeling palpitation and at the same time discomfort in breathing and it is observed particularly in the evening times. Earlier went to cardiologist and they admitted for a half day he done all the tests like ecg for every 3 hours and chest x-ray, blood tests. All are normal. Please suggest.
I want to know the diet chart for my father as he is recovering from heart attack and stent is placed in heart.
My friend 26 year old fall in love with a girl of his classmate. They live together like gf/bf but when my friend proposed her, she rejected him. Now he is in depression. He lost all his interest in study. He always live alone and tells symptoms like worst pain in heart. And sometimes he cry like babies. So please suggest some medicine for him. Every answer should be appreciated. In the hope of reply.
I am a house wife and a patient of high blood pressure. My age is 56 years. How many hours should I sleep a day?
My mother age 65 is suffering from ckd of kidney & has BP. We consulted a nephrologist who advice us that protein has to be cut . With BP medicine he gave Tab Septasteril (alpha ketoanalogue. For 3 month we strictly restricted protein & gave recommend medicines but there was no improvement. We went to nearby nephrologist with previous case history. He continue the BP medicine but gave protein powder name live o life powder. I am confused whether to continue cut protein as told by doctor 1 Or to give protein powder as told by doctor 2. Pls advice.
Hello I am sanat kumar Dubey, I am 40year old and I was diabetic and blood pressure patient. And now my right leg's main locomotives muscles getting pain for 15 days what I do.
Within last few days I am having a chronic pain in my chest. What could ne the reason. Please prescribe me?
I have a problem in my right side ribs when I was small I use to sleep on the right side the most of the time. I think the last 2 ribs are little bit curved to inner side. So now I am a house wife and have a 1 years child now its giving me pain while feeding my child. What should I do.
What are symptoms that we have before heart attack? and how can we control ourselves. What are the precautions to avoid heart attack.
My husband is having pain to the left side of the chest. It feels usually in the morning. Should consult a doctor? He is 37 years.
My Triglyceride level had gone up to 240 and LDL level was 140. Doctor advised me to take TG Goal 145. Now I am taking this medicine since last 3 months and now my cholesterol level is under control. But after taking medicine I felt rashes in mouth and bad tests. So, please advice alternative medicine. Some body known to me advice to take Tab. Rosuvas f 10 instead of Tab. TG Goal 145. Please advice. S. Alam.
My husband has high bp problem, yesterday his hands n legs started shivering, giddiness so had bp chk up n it was normal. He has shivers frequently n has low sugar mostly bcos whn he has some sweet or fd intake thn he feels better. Also has drowsiness so what can b done? Need to check his thyroid? Need proper guidance.
My father is 74 year old. We are presently living in arid area of Rajasthan (Jodhpur). He has undergone cardiac angioplasty twice in the year 2007 and 2013. He has also undergone Urithroplasty in the year 2015. He has been taking heart related medicines. Since we have been living in arid area of Rajasthan i.e. In Jodhpur, we experience a lot of dryness. My father has been applying paraffin based cream for his entire body on the basis of prescription of a dermatologist but My father's hand thumbs remain so dry that sometimes they bleed inspite of applying cream mentioned above. Since both thumbs are affected he feels difficulty in doing his routine jobs. Please inform the reason behind this, is it because of dry area or is it because of blood thinner he is talking or any other reason?
More than half the patients with blood pressure are patients of diabetes too. Get your BP checked every time when you visit your doctor! Both BP and Diabetes have bad effects on kidney and as such should be controlled together asap!
I am 18 year old. My sgpt is 96 and esr is 25. I always have pain in my left hand and left leg only. With trembling as well. My pulse rate is always high.
While every organ in the body needs to be cared for, the heart assumes a very special place. What is good for the heart can be good for the whole body and the reverse is equally true. The effects of a diet that is unhealthy for the heart is definitely unhealthy for the whole body.
With lifestyle changes like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and stroke are on the rise, the importance of eating a heart healthy diet has assumed all new levels of importance. The following are some of the heart healthy foods that should be a part of everybody’s diet.
- Fatty fishes: Salmon, sardines and mackerel are loaded with generous amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids and reduce the risk of arterial plaque buildup. They are also rich in antioxidants. Eating fish at least twice a week is recommended; for non-fish eaters, supplements of Omega-3 fatty acids are recommended.
- Oatmeal: Oats again are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium. It is also rich in soluble fibre and is believed to lower bad cholesterol and keep the arteries free of plaque. It soaks up the cholesterol in the digestive system and helps manage cholesterol.
- Avocado: This creamy fruit has loads of monounsaturated fat which helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol and improve levels of good cholesterol. They also improve absorption of other carotenoids like lycopene and beta-carotene, which are also extremely heart friendly.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and other berries reduce the risk of heart attack by almost one-third. These are rich in compounds like anthocyanins and flavonoids which are proven antioxidants. They relax the blood vessels and reduce blood pressure and reduce the incidence of heart attacks.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate which contains 60-70% cocoa is rich in polyphenols, which helps blood pressure, clotting, and inflammation.
- Olive Oil: Loaded with monounsaturated fats, this helps reduce levels of bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. The extra-virgin variety is preferred for cooking in place of regular vegetable oils.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and macadamia nuts are packed with mono and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, and vitamin E. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and can be added to oatmeal or eaten raw.
- Soy: Soy products, including tofu and soy milk, are ideal for adding protein and reducing cholesterol and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Legumes: These are high in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and soluble fibre.
- Spinach: Helps with its rich content of fibre, folate, lutein,and potassium. In fact, most vegetables have a beneficial effect.
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, it reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Include some of the heart healthy foods and see your heart smile!!