Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. N K MandoraYour feedback matters!
Sometime, When I get up in the morning I see my penis erected. Whole night I did not see any sexual dream or did not watch any porn. What is the reason?
My nasal bone is shifted to one side and I do wear spectacles due to which my nose often pains a lot. I'm not interested in rhinoplasty to correct the shape of my nose. The pain in my nose leads to headache too. How can I cure the pain?
I have problem of p.e. And small erection problem. My age 58. Con you suggest medicine to improve both.
I am 25 years old female. My partner have strong erection. But my vagina is very tight. From 2 years we are facing the issue and I am still virgin. Is there any surgery to over come this problem? We have used white petroleum jelly and xylocaine. But no use. My partner loosing interest on me. Please suggest me the solution.
My brain always engages in thinking. Whenever I am alone or even with someone, something continuously keep on going in my head. I start thinking something and talking about that in my head alone. Even during sleeping whole night I keep thing about anything and in morning I feel like exhausted. Please advise me how to cure this and how serious is this. I am facing this from last one year.
I am having hyper constipation and acidity problem and due to that I am suffering from anal bleeding. I am very much worried about it Kindly suggest me some medical or resolution to this urgently.
Hello doctor, I am 26 year old boy. My wife is six month pregnant. I want to know that may I continue sex relationship in next months. please suggest me?
I am having pain on my ankle for past 90 days. I have used many bams and all but of no use. What should I do?
I have a bloating on my left bottom side of abdomen and sometime it gets bigger when I just finished a lunch or it can disappear after I shitted. But it's still there most of the time. The frequency of urinating also increases. Also, I felt that I have a lot of gas in my stomach? Should I be concerned about this? What are the causes of this?
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? (I'm 5'6" and weigh more than 220 pounds.)
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Listed below are 4 dangers why we must think before we eat.
1) Carry Minimal Nutritional Value - What distinguishes refined carbs from unrefined carbs is that they don't have the outer bran layer, which is a germ that has several minerals, lots of fibres and essential fatty acids. This bran layer is stripped away to increase the shelf life which gives you refined carbs that have zero to minimal level of nutritional value.
2) Are Addictive - If you are too fond of having pizzas, pastas, burgers etc. Then you may be addicted to eating refined carbs. This happens because of high glycaemic index meal, which increases hunger, stimulates brain regions to associate reward with more food and happiness and decreases blood plasma glucose.
3) Cause of Lifestyle Diseases - They also decrease and affect the metabolism, which in turn can lead to weight gain, obesity and diabetes-2 among other problems.
4) Cause of Behavioural Problems - They may cause blood sugar spikes, inflammation in the body, acne and eczema, behaviour issues, emotional problems, hyperactivity, bloating, yeast infections, premature ageing, allergies among other problems.
To adopt a healthy lifestyle, you must avoid these refined carbs are much as possible and stick to complex carbs in whole grains and vegetables.
If you have any further questions on issues related to nutrition or diet, ask me by clicking on 'consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.