Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. N K GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I am not concentrating in studying. There are many thoughts are coming to my mind. I am degrading myself. My friends are make enjoy as well as studies but I not.
How we take this medicine Encephobal suspension liquid (how many teaspoon in a day) and in what time. Is it before lunch / dinner or after lunch/ dinner. Doctor prescribed 1 tablets a day not liquid and he is not in Kolkata not able to connect him so kindly suggest.
Brain health is essential for people of all ages. Of late MIND and DASH are two popular approaches that are leading the way dietary requirement for brain health. MIND stands for Mediterranean Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay whereas DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. Both the approaches argue that diet plays a crucial role in maintaining overall brain health. Here is a list of 8 diet changes that can boost the brain health without having to take any other brain supplements:
- Leafy green vegetables: Leafy vegetables are tried and tested source of natural brain tonic. Vegetables such as spinach, kale, collard greens and arugula should be thoroughly washed and chopped. They can be consumed with salads, pasta, and soups.
- Pulses: Pulses such as lentils, beans and peas can be consumed with salads to maintain brain health. Alternatively, they can be consumed along with burgers to give it a twist. They can also be used to make patties. A mixture of black beans, onions and peppers can be mashed along with some spices to form the main entrée of the patties.
- Whole grains: A batch of brown rice, quinoa, oats or faro can be prepared and consumed to upgrade brain health. While grains comprises of fibre and makes for a very fulfilling meal. Whole grain can be prepared in batches so that it can be consumed throughout the week along with salad and soup.
- Home-made snacks: A snack made from walnuts, pumpkin, almonds and pistachios can serve as a quick snack during long drives and small breaks in between meetings. A small portion of these snacks will not only boost brain health but give a sense of fulfilment.
- Berries: Frozen berries are known to be extremely beneficial for brain health. They can be mixed with smoothies and consumed during breakfast and or in the form of snacks. Berries are a nice addition to oatmeal as well.
- Olive oil: the butter or the refine oil can be traded with olive oil while preparing vegetables and meats. It can also be used as a base for homemade vinaigrettes. Olive oil serves the purpose of good health and has hardly any side effect on the body.
- Poultry items: One can become a lot creative when it comes to consuming poultry items. Chicken breasts for instance, when cooked with garlic and onion in a pressure cooker, can be a real agent for brain maintaining brain health. One can add some flavour and consume it along with sandwiches and salads.
- Fish: One fish should be consumed once in every week. Salmon fish is known to have a great effect on mental health.
I am 19 years young boy. I always feels weakness, drowsiness. Can't concentrate on studies. Please suggest me!
Hello sir, My friend has just lost his father and in childhood he has lost his mother too. Now he has no sibling. He is very depressed, feeling very lonely, still we friend are giving support to him but we also have work. We cannot see like him anymore. I need your help.
My wife is suffering from thyroid ,so she get depressed so many times. For that reason she doesn't have interest in sex. I had forgotten when we done sex. Even tho I get near her she doesn't show interest in me. How to provoke her? How can she be stable in life. she is only 29 years. We are not enjoying our married, even not enjoy sex. What is the medicine for this problem? How can I bring interest of sex in her?
I went to neurologist in 2013. He prescribed me antidepressants for 6 months; as a result of that I suffer from depression symptoms. Now whom should I consult? I suffer from many symptoms now.
I am suffering from obsessiveness, bcoz of this I'm not able to concentrate on other things. My mind is full of thoughts about my obsession.
My father is nearly 58 years old. Awaiting to getting retired in this month and. Also be saw thinking about money always and he hated all of us at home and getting angry also he is very depressed. He is not worrying about the health. Instead of him if we take care of the health he took that too mistaken in a wrong way. He is unbelievable to anyone by nature. But each activities are now is very rude angry so pls tell me the positive ways to solve this problem to live happy.
I was suffering from depression for which I got diagnosed and feeling to be recovered. However the doctor told me to take anti-depressant medicines for 6 months continuously for which I am confused why?
My wife 42 yrs, lost her baby before 15 days & now when she is alone she feels as if the dead body of baby is kept on bed & wants some one to stay with her always.Please suggest
I love a girl but I can't express it now I am studying in 12th class she is best in everything in class and I am better than average. I can talk to everyone but I hesitate to talk to her. Whenever I want to tell her my feelings than when I saw her cute face then I change my mind. This makes my mind out of studies and every time I feel loneliness and depressed I want to focuses on studies and my other goals but I can't please show me the right way what should I do.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
Anxiety disorders are serious issues amongst individuals of all ages today. It is a psychological feeling of uneasiness or fear about something, which can create other physiological and behavioral changes in a human being and can even drive a a person crazy. It can be characterized by symptoms such as sweating palms, rapid heartbeat, muscle tension, dry mouth, which arise due to various reasons such as face of fearing the crowd, stage-fright, doubt about facing a difficult situation, fear of failure or rejection and many more.
Homeopathy comes into this picture with a unique recovery program for such kinds of anxieties. Its treatment procedure is individualistic, which means, it has a separate recovery therapy for separate anxiety disorders. In addition, treatment is purely natural with no side effects. Following are some homeopathic remedies of various kinds of anxiety disorders:
- Aconite: This is the best homeopathic remedy for anxiety symptoms such as agitation, restlessness, dry mouth, fear of mixing with people, panic attack, fear of death, fear of future or even certain agonized feeling related to some past traumatic incident. In such cases, the patient may sometimes become very violent also.
- Argentum nitricum: This medicine comes into play in cases of extreme nervousness or apprehension of a person which turns him or her to be very much impulsive. The patient also becomes forgetful and dull always wearing a melancholy and grim face.
- Arsenic Album: There are certain anxieties, which include fear of security and safety leading to anxiety about robbers, health or money. Consequently, they tend to feel insecure and always try to be neat and perfectionist to avoid such problems. Arsenic Album is very helpful in such cases.
- Calcarea carbonica: People who suffer from a fear of change or losing hold of situation and are very stubborn and obstinate may take help of this medicine.
- Gelsemium sempervirens: This is useful when the patient is suffering from muscle tensions, shaking of legs or knocking of knees due to performance anxiety.
In addition, Lycopodium clavatum, Kali arsenicosum, Kali Phosporicum, Phosporus are also very useful for anxieties. However, people should always consult a doctor before taking the medicines.