Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N K Batra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N K BatraYour feedback matters!
I am 16 year old. I am in relationship with a classmate. We have sex regularly. My boyfriend does not want to use condom. I am very worried because my perîod is late. 1 week. I am scared. I do not know what to do. Please tell me what to do. I can not tell anyone.
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife get her period only for 2 days but her periods is on time i.e regularly sometime only 1 or 2 days difference has been seen. please suggest she need to visit games or not.
Becoming a smoker was a journey. The journey probably began for you many years ago when you started experimenting with those first cigarettes. They probably were not so good, but as time passed, your body became used to smoking. You probably found yourself smoking regularly and in more situations. You developed certain smoking patterns. Smoking became a part of you. Cigarettes have been a part of your identity for a long time. Becoming a nonsmoker is a journey and a learning process. Think of this as a new beginning, with change occurring over time. As time passes, you will learn more about being a nonsmoker and will develop a new identity. You will become comfortable in life’s different situations without smoking. To be successful, you must maintain your commitment to this change over time. The new tobacco-free you will discover a world of benefits as a result of your journey. There is life after smoking, and it is truly better! Doctors may help you make this important journey. Here you will find information and tips in a format that lets you actively participate in planning and arriving at your destination: a smoke-free life.
Hello doctor I am 24 year old and want to ask something. I am trying to conceive and I need to ask some basic things. 1. After intercourse semen comes out of vagina is it normal? 2. After intercourse after how much time I can get up and go to washroom and do cleaning. Thanks.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Her periods had finished on 28/6/16 and aftr 3 days We had an unprotected sex on 31/6/16 and within 48 hours I had given her an I pill then we again had unprotected sex on 4/7/16 after that we again had unprotected sex on 9/7/16. And on 10/7/16 she was having a bleeding along with some white discharge the bleeding is very light and it had not stopped till yet we had done urine sex on 13/7/16 it came negative is there is chances of pregnancy ?please suggest me.
Mera mere gf ke sath periods khatan hone ke 5 din baad aex hua hai aur mera sperm uskey vagina mai insert hua hai but 2 ghantey baad meri gf ne unwanted 72 tablet le hai to wo abhi pregnant baan sakti hai? Sex hone ke baad meri gf jaldi uth gaya to thoda sperm bahar nikal aya.
Pregnancy stretch marks
Stretch marks are narrow pink or purplish streak-like lines that can develop on the surface of the skin. They're also known as stria or striae. If you get them, they usually appear on your tummy, or sometimes on your upper thighs and breasts as your pregnancy progresses. The first sign you notice might be itchiness around an area where the skin is becoming thin and pink.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are very common in the general population and don't just affect pregnant women. They can happen whenever the skin is stretched. For example, when we're growing during puberty or when putting on or losing weight, but hormonal changes in pregnancy can affect your skin and make you more likely to get stretch marks.
Whether or not you get stretch marks depends on your skin type, as some people's skin is more elastic. After your baby is born, the marks should gradually fade and become less noticeable, but they won't go away completely.
Pregnancy weight gain
You are more likely to get stretch marks if your weight gain is more than average in pregnancy. Most women gain between 10kg and 12.5kg (22 and 28lb) in pregnancy, although weight gain varies a great deal from woman to woman.
Stretch marks are not harmful. They don't cause medical problems. Over time, your skin will shrink and the stretch marks will fade into white-coloured scars.
Preventing stretch marks
Some creams claim to remove stretch marks once they've appeared, but there is no reliable evidence that they work. There is also limited evidence about whether oils or creams help prevent stretch marks from appearing in the first place.
Prevent stretch marks during pregnancy to some extent-maintain a healthy lifestyle
Make your diet skin-nourishing
You've probably started eating a balanced diet to ensure that your baby gets enough nutrients and vitamins. While you are at it, incorporate foods that promote skin health and those that will improve the elasticity of your skin. This will help keep stretch marks from appearing. Incorporate these foods to your diet:
- Foods packed with antioxidants: as they will help protect and nourish your skin. They include vegetables and fruits
- Food that is rich in vitamin E: as it protects the cell membranes of your skin. Eat collard greens, broccoli, seeds and nuts.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: as they repair the tissues of your skin. Eat red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and mango.
- Food that is rich in omega-3 and 6: as it will make your skin glow and keep the cell membranes healthy. Eat, eggs, walnuts, fish oil and fish.
Increase intake of liquids
Liquids help detoxify the body and also keep the cells of the skin plump, which in turn makes the skin healthy. Your skin will also be able to get back to normal from the stresses brought by stretch marks. Here are some liquid drinking habits you should practice:
Drinking eight glasses of water each day. If you are unable to ingest all at once, you can get a bottle of water that can carry all 8 glasses of water and drink the water in bits throughout the day.
Do low impact exercises
Exercise helps to retain your skin's elasticity by improving circulation. Additionally, you will be able to keep off those extra pounds.
Perform exercises for pregnant women. They include kegel exercises, stretches and all other simple movements.
Try low impact exercises and yoga. Pilates and yoga help you get rid of uncomfortable positions during pregnancy.
Pay attention to your weight
When you gain too much weight fast, you will have stretch marks. That is why you need to keep an eye on your weight. You can do so by:
- Avoiding overeating. Even though pregnant women are required to eat more calories than they were eating before, it does not mean that you eat twice as much.
- Keeping cravings at bay. When they do come, just have a little of whatever food you have cravings for and top it with a hefty serving of fruits. That way, you will have satisfied your cravings while watching your weight.
Apply natural oils
Natural oils moisturize and hydrate your skin. Apply natural oils on your lower back, legs, thighs, sides, belly and anywhere else.
Bio oil, shea butter, almond oil, wheat germ oil and cocoa butter are quite popular oils for moisturizing the skin of pregnant women. Pure lanolin is also wonderful.
Study has found that inhaled analgesics such as nitrous oxide or a flurane derivative is safe and effective in reducing pain during early stages of labour