Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N C KaurYour feedback matters!
I ovulated on 12th. From 13th onwards my cervical mucus dried up. today is my day 21. And am still dry. What could be the reason.
Hello, My wife is going through irregular periods (PCOD/PCOS. It takes about two to three months for periods that too forcefully through doctor prescribed pills. What kind of do's and don'ts should be done. She is having Myonext Pills currently. Please guide with the diet and exercise helpful for making this cycles normal as soon as possible. Thank you.
How do you deal with a one year old child who doesn't want to eat anything other than the mothers milk?
C-section or Caesarean section is a surgery performed to deliver a baby. The baby is taken out from the abdomen through an incision in the abdominal wall. This surgery is performed when there is some sort of physical difficulty in natural childbirth through the vagina. Other reasons for performing a C-section are when the mother is carrying more than one baby, or the health of the baby is in danger. It could also be because of an undesirable fetal position, or when the mother is physically unable to push the baby out of the uterus.
Procedure followed in C- Section
The procedure is most often done when the mother is in her senses and awake. However, epidural or spinal anaesthesia is provided to numb the body from chest to the feet, before the surgery is performed.
An incision is made on the lower abdomen, above the pubic area. A cut is made through the uterus and amniotic sac. The baby is pulled out from this opening. The umbilical cord is cut and cleaned. The fluids are cleaned from the baby’s mouth and nose. The infant’s breathing rate, heart rate and other vitals are kept under observation.
Recovery from a C-section can take several weeks. The stitch wounds need to heal, including the recovery of pelvic muscles. It is important to walk around and do some very light exercises to boost the healing procedure. Doctors may prescribe painkillers in some cases and advice on effective post-operative care. Though the surgical procedure is quite safe now, with the use of highly advanced technology, there are risks that cannot be entirely ignored.
Risks associated with C-section
Infections: Any surgery has some risk of infection associated to it. In the case of a C-section, an infection can occur around the site of incision that may rapidly spread in the uterine wall and other internal pelvic organs.
Haemorrhage: Blood refuses to clot and dangerously high quantity of blood is lost in the process. In such a case, it requires immediate transfusion and intensive care.
Injuries: The mother or the baby, both have a risk of getting injured during the surgery. Although these are rare, but the infant may suffer nicks and cuts while being manually pulled out from the womb. Other organs of the mother located near the pelvis may suffer minor or major wounds.
After the C-section, the mother and child will be retained in the hospital for 2 to 3 days, under intense care and constant monitoring. It is important to exercise and take the medications as advised by the physician to prevent any complication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Simple Ayurvedic tips to maintain a good health
Mein Dr. Ashok Bansal, Dr. Abhishek Bansal ke saath Vaidik Chikitsa ki aur se apko kuch health tips bata rahey hain, jissey aap hamesha khud ko theek rakh sakte hai.
1. Aap saverey uth te hain toh gunguna pani pijiye aur phir apka pet saaf hoga aur ekdum thanda pani na pijiye.
2. Aap nahate time purey body ko, pairo se le kar sir tak massage kijiye. Aap ekdum kandho pe paani na daliye jissey blood circulation apka pairo se upar ayega aur aap thik rahengey.
3. Nahane ke baad 45 minute yah adhey ghantey tak nasta na karey toh thik rahega. Karan hai humara jo blood circulation hain nahane ke baad who sir ki taraf hota hai.
4. Aur uske baad din mein aap khana khatey hai uske baad adha ghanta pauna ghanta rest kijiye aur who bhi right side let kar. Din mein humara chandrama chakkar chalna chahiye. Chandrama chakkar baaye side hota hai aur saans baaye side se lengey toh thik rahega kyun ki din garam hota hai. Aur sham ko khana khaney ke baad aap thoda sa tahaliye, tahelne ke baad aap thik rahengey. Aur raat ko sotey hai toh baayi taraf ho kar soiye kyun ki raat ko humara suriya chakkar chalna chahiye. Iss tarah aap thik rahengey.
5. Aur khana khaney ke baad thoda gunguna paani pijiye jissey digestion system thik rahey, aur kam se kam khana khaney ke pauna adha ghanta pichhey hi paani pijiye, khana khatey hi ekdum nahin pani pina hai.
I need a baby which is the mean time of sex I do not know? And when we do sex the lower part burns both of us why? And what is the solution.
Hello doctor. Its been 4 months, still my wife experiences pain in her vagina when we have sex. What could be the reason. And cure.
Hi. I HaVe A friend WhO iS pREgNaNt HeR LaSt Period was On 28 Of JaN aNd aFtEr ThaT sHe DiD iNtImAtE oN 14 FeB nOw ShE iS pReGnAnT sHe ToOk THe AbOrTiOn KiT MTP anD juS a SmAll CloT oFblood was there and then there is A LoT pAiN bUt No BlEeDiNg PlEAsE sUgGeSt SoMeThInG wHaT tO dO.
I am 26 years old married women did not have sex from last week but have swelling and pain in my vagina and discharge water is also coming out. please tell y this is happening. Give solution.
When white fluid which usually comes during periods comes after 10th day of periods. I.e so early at 10th day .Am I pregnant. Am worried. Help me doctors pls.
Hi i am 27 year old, I have married 3 yrs back after 6 months of marriage i am getting heavy periods, and have lots of pimples on face, suggest me solution please.
I am 43 yrs woman not married, I am planning to get marry now is it possible to conceive in this age.
I think I am pregnant and would like to confirm that. Its been 3 days since me and my boyfriend were casually playing around. I am still a virgin but we had sex in clothes. Next day onwards I have been burping and vomiting. There's a little bit of vaginal discharge too. Am I pregnant? How do I abort it? I am really worried. Should I take an EC pill? Even though it's over 75 hours now.
Hi im 21 years old and in my monthly periods I suffer with lot of stomach n body pains they are unbearable and vomiting and whole day i'm unable to eat food n drink water can you help me out of this problem. :(
I had gall bladder operation in 2009. I am in fine health. Now I tested kidney, lever,thyroid, lipid,sugar, blood cbc. All reports ok except total wbc count-12400 with comments: normocytic normochromic blood picture with lecocytosis. Kindly advise your recommendation.
I'm 23 male. I have anal sex with my gf is it ok? If I put my sperm in her ass is there any problem?
I had unprotected sex but after 30 min I took unwanted 72 are there chances of having ectopic pregnancy.
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.