Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N C Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N C KaurYour feedback matters!
Can I keep my penis on my partner's vagina and rub it friendly without inserting, is there chances of getting pregnancy?
My girlfriend period start on 21/10/16 after that we had unprotected sex on 1/11/16 then we had unprotected sex on 3/11/16 after half hour I gave her unwanted 72. Is there chance of pregnancy. Help me.
My right breast has some kind of pain from last one week. I can feel that only when I press my brest. Other times there is no pain I can feel. The same pain I had last month also. My doctor gave me muscle pain tablet and after 5 days it's gone. Now after one month, I am facing the same kind of pain. There is no lump I can feel. The doctor also found no lump in my brest. One year back when I was breastfeeding I faced infection on that same breast and milk flow reduced after that infection. So I am afraid. Please help me.
Hi Sir, I skipped the periods this month, I did pregnancy test and I got the results 2 positive lines, this means I'm pregnant or not? Can anyone clarify my doubt.
Hii Sir Sorry to disturb you but please help me I am pregnant nd I hv many complication in my pregnancy I got fungal infection plus I got many pimples on my back side nd manny body parts so please advice me some ointment or cream so that I can get soon relief please its my humble request to you please plz give me some advice I can not consult you till 30 of this month nd I can not come to blgm also please help me.
My wife 27 years old & have itching & burning around outside of vagina. As a result the area become reddish. Can she use v wash?
Hi doc mujhe 2 mnth se periods ni huye hai, LST 10 dec ko huye the n mene aftr periods 17 dec ko sexual relation bnye the n .before 15 days mene home pregnancy urine test bhi kiya n its negetive .relationship bnane k bd kitne tym tk pragnent hone ka chance hota hai.
I often notice discharge of white water type substance even when my periods are not nearby, due to which itching is being caused and very uncomfortable feeling I get. So please tell me the solution for this.
Jb ovary me cysts ka size nhi diya gaya ho bs small likha ho to cysts kab kab se hoga or ye problem puri tarah solve ho sakti hai kya.
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.