Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N C Kaur
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N C KaurYour feedback matters!
I have taken caberlin .5 mg tablet to stop breastfeeding but now I have severe pain in breast please hep me.
Hi doctor I have married 5 days ago. When I had sex with my wife, she had very severe pain in her abdomen and she is crying. Now 5 days has over and still have pain. What happened to her.
Hi. I am 29 years unmarried female. I have irregular monthly period since 2.5 years. Now I am having unwanted thick hairs on my chin and below person of the chin. I think this is due to hormonal problem. So what can I do for this. please suggest me. Thanks.
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I want to know that what precautions should be taken for being physical with a girl for the very first time (girl and boy both are mature) and what changes does the body faces after being physical for first time.
On june 12 I will enter into 10th month of pregnancy. On my last scanning report delivery date is 15 June. Placenta position is Anterior wall in upper uterine segment. Grading is 2-3. Other findings is Lower Femoral epiphysis have appeared. Est. Wt is 3239 +/- 485 gms . What does it mean is their chances for normal delivery or not.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. I had my ultrasound scan today. The Dr. Said if they can't detect a heartbeat in next 1 week then they will terminate the pregnancy. What should I do? Should I change my doctor? The ultrasound (TAS) report: GRAVID uterus SHOWS SINGLE IRREGULAR GESTATIONAL SAC. Yolk sac and fetal node are seen G sac is measuring 19. 3 mm corresponding to 7 weeks CRL is measuring 5.6 mm corresponding to 6 week 2 days Cardiac activity not seen.
My mom aged 55 has predominantly solid pelvic lesion measuring 10*7*6 cm arising from left ovary. Solid areas are showing moderate contrast enhancement. Eccentric cystic component noted towards left lateral aspect of the lesion. No calcifications. Everything else including lungs, bladders seems to be fine. Doctors have insisted to take 6 chemo followed by a surgery. I just wanted to clarify if this is the appropriate treatment required for a patient at this point of stage. Please do comment at the earliest. Please Please Please.
My wife gave birth to twins baby girls on 2nd April 2016. My first baby is ok but 2nd baby is week and having wt. Of 1.5 kg at birth. She was suffering from Heart Problem named as" Tiny PDA of 2 mm with left to right shunt" At present she is in hospital and PDA increased to 4 mm. Kindly suggest what to do. Doctor said she needs a surgery to close this gap. Kindly suggest me whether it is dangerous or is there any medicine by which that gap can be filled and what is the effect of this on future life.
My sister is 49 year old lady and she is having swelling in right leg and bleeding is very high during periods and after periodsWhat is the reason? kindly advice.
I am 29 year old I had tubactomy one year back n I have 3 boys by cesarean so I am finding good doctor for my reverse tubes n I conceive again so please which doctors can my tubes reverse its possible I pregnant again without risk.
Hi I sex with a aunty at that time I am not using condom. She was a prostitute I have doubt am effect on aids I inserted and removed only one time because of fear. It happen 3 months. What are the remedies.
I have an irregular period I had my period last on the 24th April and ended on 29th April 2016 and on 19th may I try to have sex there was no penetration he released under my butt and I had a period tracker which I had just download right before my my period on the 24th April in the tracker am supposed to have my period on the 22 may so I got a pregnancy test done on the same day am suppose to have my period and it was negative could I be pregnant cause my period changes all the time help.
Sir if a girl 20 years old she is taken Ipill after unprotected sex 44 hour. But I am worrying about side effects. Sir if she is not pregnant next period will start on same date or late or earlier sir plzz help me. Next period when start after taken Ipill too late or Quickly.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.