Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N C KaurYour feedback matters!
When there is a most possibility to get pregnant with respect to mensuration cycle? Is it safe to do sex during periods?
I am 36 having too irregular periods and gained weight over 10 kgs. From past 6 months spotting continues daily. Please suggest me remedies.
Hello ,i was pregnant and it was my first pregnancy ,i aborted with misoprostol and its been a month now, I did an ultra sound and it left me with cysts and fibrous substance on both ovaries and my uterus became small ,please help me ,my periods are not back yet.
I am 34 years old lady married for 10years ago since I dont have any baby as I am suffering from high thyroid and m taking medicine for that thyronorm 50mg. Is it possible to get pregnant?
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Sir, a lump is appeared on right breast since from 8-9 month earlier it did not start paining but from last 8 days it continuously start paining. Sir what it is? Some have told that it is tumor. I am very much depressed. It is harmful now that she is not medicated herself earlier. Or it is in normal stage. please give detailed answer about it? Your suggestions are much worthy right now. please answer it as soon as possible Thank you.
I am pregnant. I took my 1st dose of misoprostol, I had a sexual intercourse within 3 hours. Will it hamper the process off abortion?
I am 27 years old. I am having problem of irregular periods since 4 yrs. I had my thyroid test and usg for pcod done and all is nrml and also have tried lot of medications but still nt relieved. Also m gaining lot of weight. Plzz help me out getting regular periods and lose weight.
I delivered my 3 kg 300 gm baby in a private hospital. There I got mediolateral and midline episiotomy. After an hour as the doctor said my stitches broke open andi was also leaking huge amounts of blood. Dr. said they were huge clots formed which came out and she manually did removed some clots. I do not know how many were they .but the blood was enough to fill half a bucket. And she re stitched me. She said I had problems within hygiene .thats y stitches were getting broken. However .i do not find it true as none of my doctors or any other doctor .who saw me that day or day after delivery said so. Also .post delivery I found out that I had rectovaginal fistula. Due to episiotomy or whatever the doctor did while my delivery. Now I am suffering from rectovaginal fistula. All my stitches have broken again. I saw another doctor and was kept on antibiotics for a week in the hospital. After that I was discharged .saying that stitches and the fistula would heal by itself. .earlier I was passing all the stools through vagina. But now .i am able to pass 60 percent through anus and 40 percent through vagina. But its been 2 weeks and now I am not finding any more improvement. Also the broken stitches have healed. But I find a very small skin patch that is less than 2 cm between my anus and vagina. And a v shaped slit at the side. That is scaring me as it will open up again. Because there is very less of skin in that area. I was told to wait for 6 weeks for the fistula to get healed on its own and. I do not have any clue about stitches. What to do. I am so depressed. As I get pain sometimes in that slit area. And bowels coming from my vagina. Its so scary. Please help.
Benefits of thyme
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 of the many distinct benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: when thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: if thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively to lower the heart rate.
3. Stops a cough: thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for a cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin a, c, manganese, copper, iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Controls pests: thyme is added is a primary ingredient to many pesticides for controlling pests, viruses and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and they will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: the diuretic properties of thyme oil help in removal of toxins that consequently betters the circulation and cures rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart of its stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Eliminates gases: thyme is an effective carminative agent and pushes gases downward towards their elimination.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Ayurveda empowers an adjusted condition of being to bolster great health. This adjusted state incorporates blending the psyche, body and soul. Amid this seasonal transition, we need to help you to remember strategies you can use to balance out and fortify your prosperity. The accompanying rundown of tips can help you get your equalization on.
- Develop a positive mentality: You can't pick your encounter in your ordinary life, whether it is a road turned parking lot or a rainbow. Be that as it may, you can simply develop a state of mind of taking a gander at the brighter side of things and not ingest the toxicity of any experience. It will make you a Sattvik individual who is benevolent, pardoning and strong to great and terrible times.
- Adjust yourself to nature: Natural biorhythms are continually influencing our psyche and body. Our cognizant endeavors to take after every day standard and seasonal routine will help us keep any irregularity. The unstoppable force of life is a genuine supply of energy and there is no explanation behind us to feel drained and exhausted. Interfacing with lively components of nature dispels depression and fills our existence with trust, euphoria and inexhaustible positive vitality.
- Tangible regulation: Don't give your faculties a chance to take you for a wild ride. As indicated by Ayurveda tactile abuses and mishandle is the primary stage to make any awkwardness and illness. It debilitates your Mind and commits you inclined of repeating errors of judgment (pragya-aparadha). Controlling tactile longings will make a steady mind, which is most vital for settling on life-feeding choices. An every day routine of Meditation will help you accomplish the somewhat easily.
- Detoxify: Get the Ama out. We resemble a vivid embroidered artwork woven together of our surroundings and our faculties, alongside our body, psyche and soul. As an individual we are a system of vitality and data in another inconceivable sea of vitality and data. Keeping the bodies clean is the initial move towards feeling fundamental and fiery.
- Keep all the moving parts moving: Transformation and change is consistent in the body. Physical activity and development will enhance flow help in detoxification and will develop a sentiment delicacy and solidness. The medicinal examination says, 'Maturing Heart prompts a maturing Brain'. Day by day practice alone is a standout amongst the most effective against maturing exercises that interface your heart and cerebrum. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Her period time is gaping but she is not pregnant. And she has pain in her stomach. Sir please help use. She is my wife. What can I do now.
Mere periods regular nahi aate aur meri shadi ko 2 years bhi ho gae h par me ab tak conceive nahi kar pai so what can I do?
My daughter 17 years old had period for 20days the scan shows multiple peripheral follicles of varying sizes. Dr. proscribed Tablet yaz. Please suggest.
Doctor. I am 43 years old .from around 6 months or so. Im getting pain during penetration. Earlier there was no problem. My husband too 46 years old hurries up in whole act as he can not control himself longer. So whole act is so hurried up that it causes pain only resulting into no sex for months or so.
I missed my period which was on 19th may. Is overdue by 5 days. I did blood test for pregnancy and it's positive. I want to terminate this pregnancy. So which method for abortion will be safe medical or surgical. If I go through medical abortion under the consultation of doctor will it be safe.
I get itching in my vaginal area sometimes. Also I have got to see some rashes in there.What does this denote? How can I get rid of this.Also because of this sometimes I don't get urged to have sex with my husband when he is interested. Please suggest a remedy for this
What differentiates human beings from the other animals is their ability to express our feelings. While other animals may be able to feel and express some amount of feelings, there is a whole gamut of feelings that humans are capable of expressing.
We are all wired differently, and so the way we respond to situations differs from person to person. Some of the common ones include depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, and anger. Let us look deeper into symptoms of these conditions and the ways to manage them.
Depression: There are days when we feel a little low, but those who are depressed feel helpless and hopeless in life. They feel like they are living in a black hole with no light at the end of the tunnel. Getting through each day can be overwhelming for them and theyexperience loss of self-worth, energy, interest, sleep, and appetite. It could be depressing to the extent that the person could feel suicidal.
There is always an underlying reason for depression in terms of family stressors, finances, employment, ill health, etc., and identifying the root cause is the first big step towards managing it. While therapy can be of big help, in some cases, even medication can be used to treat depression. Most people respond well to this combination and can almost get back to leading an enthusiastic and happy life.
Anxiety: People who are anxious are constantly worrying about what is going to happen next. While the future leaves all of us anxious to some extent, people with anxiety are constantly worried, whichgives rise to physical symptoms. The focus of worry and the intensity of it is extremely high, even for small things like keeping up with the doctor’s appointments. Symptoms include excessive worrying, excessive unwarranted fear, jumpiness, inability to cope with daily situations, constant muscle tension in the neck and shoulders, excessive sweating, gastrointestinal ulcers, and cold hands.
Insomnia: One of the major sleep disorders, a person is said to have insomnia if faced with the following situations:
- Inability to fall asleep
- Frequent waking during the night and inability to fall back to sleep
- Rising too early in the morning
- Not waking up fresh after a good night’s sleep
Any of this can lead to reduced energy levels, inability to focus and concentrate, irritability, and general fatigue. For most of these emotional problems, there is always a deep-rooted underlying cause. Identifying this root cause and working on it usually helps solve emotional problems too, which gradually disappears. In most cases, a good therapy session combined with medications can work wonders and get the person to lead a completely normal life.