Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Munnendra GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have desk job. I have done 6pm to 3am, 11am to 8pm and currently 3pm to 12am shifts. I have constipation and weight issue. How to reduce weight and improve my digestion. Please advice.
Hi. I am 21years old. I have 6 months baby. I reduced little my stomach fat. Bt I have big back. How to reduce my back calories?
I am gaining quite a bit of weight inspite of having a minimal diet plan. I am in a desk job. Please help me losing some weight.
For obese Americans who are low on vitamin D, taking a supplement of the nutrient might help them lose weight, a new study suggests.
According to an Italian team, led by Luisella Vigna of the University of Milan, prior research has shown that vitamin D deficiency is associated with a higher risk of obesity and obesity-related complications.
However, studies on the use of vitamin D supplements to curb obesity have so far been inconclusive, the team said.
The new study included 400 overweight and obese people with vitamin D deficiency who were put on a low-calorie diet and then divided into three groups. One group took no vitamin D supplements, while the two other groups took either 25,000 international units (IU) or 100,000 IU of vitamin D per month.
After six months, participants in both vitamin D supplementation groups had lost more weight and had greater reductions in their waistlines than those who hadn?t taken the supplements, Vigna?s team said.
The study was to be presented Thursday at the European Congress on Obesity. Experts note that studies presented at medical meetings are typically considered preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed journal.
?The present data indicate that in obese and overweight people with vitamin D deficiency, vitamin D supplementation aids weight loss and enhances the beneficial effects of a reduced-calorie diet,? Vigna?s team wrote. The researchers suggest that all overweight and obese people should have their vitamin D levels tested.
Previous studies have suggested that about 40 percent of North American adults are vitamin D-deficient, according to the study.
Two experts in the United States said the findings might have merit for some.
I want to reduce the width of my pelvic bone. My hips width r wide. So I want to reduce the width. Any exercise or any medication can help me to reduce hip bones size.
Hello Dr. I'm 33 yrs old married man. I want to reduce my belly fat as soon as possible. I always go for morning walk for 5 km. I take 1 lemon and 2 teaspoon honey. I am non veg. Please recommend me a food diet and exercise.
I have drastically put on weight because I couldn't exercise for over 5 months due to a major fracture. Could you please recommend me with a diet chart that I could follow. I am 20 years old n I'm around 5'7 n my weight has increased by nearly 10 kgs.
Sir/mam, as we all know obesity become one of major global problem, so I started workout in gym and loos 8 kg weight, recently I know about green tea but I do not know when and how many time I have to take it if you suggest me soon then I really thankful to you.
I have been working out from a long time and I am a professional body builder. But now I have lost my six pack abs and have a thick layer of fat on them. I want to loose fat from my belly and simultaneously grow my arms. What should I do?
I am 18 years old (male), and height 5.4". My weight 82 kg. I want to reduce my weight what I do. please help me.
Hi, I am suffering from PCOD from last few ears now, and i have taken alopathic, homeo everything but cant able to cure myself as i am not eating much still put on weight an all, pls suggest should i go for gyne or endocrinologist Thanks
With age, especially during late twenties or early thirties and beyond, it is almost an accepted fact that you will grow fat in the middle. Belly fat affects both men and women with bulging waistlines. This however, is just more than unsightly, as belly fat increases the chance of heart disease, diabetes and other serious ailments. A few simple and proven ways to reduce belly fat are mentioned here.
- Reducing carbohydrates in your diet: Carbohydrates are the source of energy for your body, as they are usually transformed into glucose by the body, which can then be absorbed by the cells. However, your diet may include too many carbs and cause you to gain belly fat. Reducing carbs is known to have the following benefits:
- Reduces appetite in general
- Burns fat reserves as the body tries to use alternative sources of energy
- Diet low in carbohydrates are also know to reduce water weight and show quick results during weight loss
- Low carb diet will have a beneficial effect, if you have type 2 diabetes and helps in keeping the blood glucose levels under control
- Avoid CRAP foods: Avoiding CRAP wherein, C: Carbonated beverages & caffeine, R: Refined sugars, A: Alcohol & Artificial sweeteners, P: processed food from the diet is of great help in burning belly fat.
- Unprocessed and lean meat: Unprocessed and lean meats are a good source of protein and have fewer calories than non-lean meats. Lean meats are popular amongst people following low calorie and low fat diets. Poultry is a good source of selenium, vitamins B3 and B6, and choline.
- Avoid processed sugar and sweetened beverages: Fructose found in most products within the market, such as cookies, sweets, sodas and other similar beverages cannot be absorbed or processed by the liver and is converted into fat. This will not only increase your girth, but also contribute to insulin resistance and lead to serious problems such as heart diseases.
- Include and increase fiber in your diet when you want to lose belly fat: Fiber, especially viscous fiber is known to improve bowel movements and improves the health of gut bacteria. It also reduces abdominal fat and thus reduces belly fat.
- Increase protein intake: Reducing carbs and increasing protein in your diet will help you lose belly fat as well as over all body fat quickly. Protein decreases the chance of developing insulin resistance and also helps the body in using up the blood glucose for energy more efficiently. Include unprocessed animal protein as well as vegetarian protein sources in your diet to lose belly fat, but ensure that they are cooked or prepared in a healthy way.
- Try yoga or free hand exercises: You don’t have to go to the gym with an expensive fee to lose belly fat. Just try free hand exercises and cardio to ensure that the metabolism in your body remains high along with a balanced diet as mentioned above. Yoga in general or certain yoga poses are also very effective in reducing belly fat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.