Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Munmun AroraYour feedback matters!
I have double vision doctor checked the eyes MRI was done. But did not find anything in MRI. Gave tablet neurobion forte n existing. N told to bring diabetes under control which is high. Cholesterol n TG also high. Taking medicine for the same which is bringing down. When the double vision get cured.
Good day Doctor! My kid gets stye on his eye lids repeatedly, earlier we had shown to Doctor and temporarily cured with Moxifloxacin Eye drops. But it's repeating .it's not having any pain presently however would like to know what is the permanent cure for this.& How serious this issue?
I am having irritation in my eyes what should I do is there any problem or not I must take precautions or consult a Dr. Please tell.
I've [male 23yrs] a big dark brown spot on cornea (white part). Developed five years back and its size is increasing gradually. No other symptoms or effects. How to remove it?
Is LASIK surgery successful? Is there any shortcomings? Since my age is right now 23 and I wear spectacles with -1.75 LE & -. 75 RE. Will there be any prob after 40. His much it bears the cost?
I am 46 year old male, I have underactive thyroid problem what can I do? it has affected my eyesight, my gums, my weight has increased, and digestive system is not working well.
I am 17 years old and my eyes sometime got red while reading or doing any thing. I have a power lens -2.5. What is its cure.
I have one mole on upper eye lid. I have used odowart paint. Eye became red and pain. Please advice what should I do?
Doctor, I am 18 years old male. I have black spots on my face from 3 years. Whenever I see it I feel bit dull. Could you suggest me any face cream or a face wash to prevent it. Till I am 14 I look fair, suddenly dark spots had come. I have understood that it is because of over exposure of sunlight. So please suggest me to get my old look back.
My eyes power every day weak so can you suggest how to improve my eyes power and remove eyes goggles.
I suffer from sneeze every morning. I dn know you only in the morning. I eyes get red and watery. Why so?
Whenever I do push ups my eyes become red and I feel some pain on my face. Can you suggest what can I do?
I am 70 years old Male. I have problem with right eye. When I wake up in morning I feel some thing in eye & discomfort. After some time it is ok.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which a layer of tissue called the retina gets lifted or pulled far from its initial position in the eye. This can cause a number of symptoms including slight vision impairment and blurred vision as well as pain. The retina is a light sensitive part that can be found in the rear portion of the eye. This part is responsible for sending visual signals to the brain which helps in forming the images that we see when we set our eyes on an object. If a person with this problem is not treated immediately, he or she can suffer from permanent vision loss.
Risks: You are more prone to retinal detachment if you:
- Have had injury (damage or blow) specifically to the eye
- Have as of now had a separation in one eye, then there is an improved probability of a separation in the other eye.
- Have a family history of retinal separation.
- Have weak eye-sight
Here are 10 facts that one needs to know about retinal detachment:
- Once in a while little ranges of the retina get torn. These are called retinal tears or retinal breaks. These can cause retinal separation.
- Obtuse injury, as from a tennis ball or damage by a sharp object in the eye can prompt retinal dysfunction.
- A family history of a disconnected retina that is hereditary could be one of the reasons for this disorder.
- The second eye of a patient with a retinal separation must be inspected by an ophthalmologist immediately.
- High astigmatism builds the danger of a retinal detachment. The danger increases to 2.4% when compared with a 0.06% danger for a defected eye at 60 years of age.
- In the event that you have lost vision in one eye because of a detachment, it can in some cases take a couple of months to get used to seeing with just the one normal eye.
- Laser surgery: Laser surgery can treat little openings and tears in this part of the eye. Little smolders are made around the opening to "weld" the retina once more into the right spot. It is performed in the eye specialist's clinic.
- Individuals taking certain kinds of eye drop that have the danger of building up a retinal separation. Pilocarpine, which for a long time was a pillar of treatment for glaucoma, has for quite some time been used for retinal separation.
- People with incessant irritation of the eye (uveitis) are at a greater danger of suffering from retinal detachment.
- Cross section degeneration of the retina is a kind of diminishing of the outside edges of the retina, which happens in 7% to 10% of the overall public.