Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Munish Choudhary
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Munish ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I am having some pain in my back whenever I do masturbation & it also gives some problems while doing any work, so kindly advice to resolve as soon as possible.
Modern medicines only approach to spinal problems is invasive surgery, or inserting painful metal rods, nuts and bolts into our bodies. Complications from surgeries are vast and again, most often than not, the relief from pain is temporary and recurrent. Worst of all, surgery can damage nerves, lead to bowel and bladder problems and sexual dysfunction, to name a few. We firmly believe that avoiding surgery and metal implants is the absolute best way to “heal” all types of spinal problems, from slipped and bulging discs that cause debilitating sciatic pain to degenerative disc disorders. Here at Arogyam Ayurveda our approach is completely holistic, non-invasive with the intention of complete and permanent freedom from pain! We pride ourselves on treating the whole body, NOT JUST THE SYMPTOMS, by replenishing, nurturing and rejuvenating!
With the help of Ayurveda-Yoga and Panchakarma this ensures us with 95% results at our facilities. Reason is very clear that- WE DO REMOVE THE ROOT CAUSE! We follow the notion of Ayurveda which tells us- “Sanksheptah Kriyayogo Nidan Parivarjanam” which means- remove the causative factors and this is the basic and exact form of treatment.
GH-14/1198, 1st Floor, Above Haryana Wala Sweets
Near Bhera Enclave, Paschim Vihar