Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Mukund PaithankarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from scabies from last 4 weeks. I have used a lot of ointments for it. But still I didn't get rid from it. Please suggest me what should I do? Or should I go to any specific clinic. Please reply me. I am so disturbed about it.
Sir my father is 73 years diabitic and having stunts for last 4 years. He is having bp problem gen 119 and 50 t0 55. What should. I do ?
I'm having an excessive flow of white fluid. I have chest pain and back ache. I don't know if it's because of this white fluid. Can you please tell me the reason for this excessive flow?
I have very itchy scalp. I have used Mediker shampoo. But still I have itchy scalp. I have also used antifungal shampoo twice. But still it has not gone. I have got a haircut too. I am still wondering why is it itchy still. I do have hairfall also. Please suggest something.
When I was in 9 I am suffering from pneumonia and now I have problem in breathing everytime when I go with stairs. please help me?
In summer, right side of my head have sweat and in winter, left side of my head have little amount of sweat means sweat glands are not functioning well (I think). What can I do to get rid from this problem.
I am 18 years old. I am eating peppermint candy a lot. Am addicted to peppermt candy. How to cure this addiction.
I have feeling fever from last 15 days is that any problem with me I have done all blood test and all but didn't find any problem.
My teeth is paining very much. The blood is also coming out there is also a cavity in my mouth what should I do now to cure it?
I m suffering from mouth ulcer from 4 days. What should I do to cure it. What are its causes and treatments.
I have always suffering from fever and there is always a moment within 1-2 weeks that I get ill due to fever. I didn't understand the reason behind it. After taking medicine it makes me alright and it look like that I have get cured my health easily and the weakness is also another problem with me. My health had never developed from starting my childhood. Can you please help me to sort out of this problem.
I am 27 years old male and I have pain in the right side of upper body just below my ribs. The pain is such that something is streched. Its more when i'm in sitting posture.
The transition from being a woman to motherhood is a beautiful journey that remains memorable for a lifetime, for the mother as well as those around her who care for her and love her. There may be times when the health conditions and the pregnancy related discomfort may leave a bad taste, but it is also taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten as soon as the baby arrives. Whatever, may happen to the mother, but she would always try to make sure that the baby is safe and healthy when he arrives in this world. She always wishes that her child grows into a healthy toddler and a well developed adult.
While we may practice all sorts of care and caution in the course of a pregnancy, there are times when the body systems fail to function regularly, which is when the real problems arise. One of the most common, yet risky problems that usually appears or aggravates during pregnancy is the problem of glucose. A lot of women experience the problem of diabetes during pregnancy because their blood sugar goes extremely high with the changes in the lifestyle, dietary and hormonal conditions. In cases of women who may be patients of diabetes before pregnancy, they may experience increased blood sugar levels and may need to go on extra medication to keep their condition under control.
The types and effects of diabetes:
There are majorly two types of diabetes which is pre-existing and gestation induced. In the case of the pre-existing condition, the woman may already be suffering from diabetes before she conceived and in the gestational diabetes, the woman may have developed the condition after getting pregnant and may be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy is over. While it may be common in pregnant woman to develop high blood sugar, there are a number of things that could go wrong:
- Pregnant women with diabetes may find it difficult to go in for a natural labour and may have to opt for induced labour or even a caesarean delivery.
- It is also possible that women who already suffer from diabetes before pregnancy are more likely to carry a baby that is larger than regular babies.
- Developing diabetes may open up the doors for a lot of other disorders and diseases in the women such as problem with vision or disorders of the body organs such as kidneys.
- The foetus that develops in the womb may also be exposed to health issues and lack of development in the organs.
- If the baby is born fairly healthy, it may end up developing diseases after birth or even in adult life, which may be due to the diabetes in the mother at the time of the pregnancy.
- In extreme cases, the woman may undergo a miscarriage or the baby may be a still born.
In order to, be able to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it may be essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist is chosen for regular checks and the meeting schedules with the doctor are followed religiously to rule out the possibility of unhealthy consequences.
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures, such as scar excision to non invasive procedures like cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and the cause for dissatisfaction:
- Functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- Patient's expectations
- Location of the scar
- Quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons, such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an overproduction of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
- Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
- Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.