Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukul Prabhat
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mukul PrabhatYour feedback matters!
I want to clean my teeth because it is so much dirty by chewing tobacco like rajniganda n tulsi. So I want a good suggestion for to clean my teeth?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
Doctor I have developed a soft lump at the end of the teeth on the lower jaw it will be there for a day or two and disappears and returns after few days your valuable suggestion please.
I am 65 yrs & I am having inflammation in left side lower gums, resulting into mild pain. Please suggest remedy.
Pain in wisdom teeth.Gums of front lower teeth sometimes feel like swelling. Cold water at normal temperature also gives pain in wisdom teeth.
I am having severe pain in the third molar region where the tooth is partially erupted and later it stopped erupting. Now there is severe inflammation of gums over the tooth associated with severe pain. I am unable to tolerate it. Please advice me medication to reduce the pain and idea to get rid of this pain please.
My teeth are getting sharper and also little hole in it. Sensitive is also the problem. please suggest, how to get rid of it. Thanks.
Even if you clean and floss your teeth regularly, you may have noticed a drop of blood or two dripping out from your gums. Maybe you feel that it is no big deal, but you may not be aware of the fact that bleeding gums can never be a normal symptom. Director of the Perio Arts Institute, Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha has raised an important question. Have you ever seen your scalp bleeding while brushing? If you feel that is not normal, then while brushing or flossing, if your gums bleed, you are most likely suffering from a periodontal disease which is commonly known as a gum disease.
Severe outcome of gum bleeding-
Gum disease is a simple, contagious bacterial infection that can cause havoc on your oral health. For instance, if it is left untreated, it can lead to destruction of gums, erosion of jaw bones and may even cause tooth loss. Not just the oral health, bleeding gums infect the whole body. Firstly, these can cause plague that creates irritation along the gum tissue and the longer this inflammation is left untreated, the faster it spreads causing a host of illnesses ranging from allergies to cancer.
Reasons behind bleeding of gums-
This disease is very common as declared by the American Academy of Periodontology in a report that says up to 80 percent of adult population is suffering from gum disease and very surprisingly, just 10 percent of this populace is aware of it. The good news here is that bleeding gums are caused due to various reasons that can be easily treated, and the condition can be improved to put a stop to bleeding of gums.
Inadequate oral hygiene- Though you may think that you brush your teeth twice a day and so there could be no germ build-up, it is not true. Actually, it takes only 24 to 36 hours for a healthy gum to become infected with disease. Therefore, take care of your teeth in the best possible way and floss your mouth after every meal.
Your diet is wreaking havoc - Processed food is not just bad for your tummy, your teeth are also going to be adversely affected with those donuts, chocolates, ice-creams and all the tempting junk food. It is always recommended to have a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in calcium and vitamin C.
- Other factors like smoking, stress and anxiety can also trigger gum bleeding, and you should try to reduce them and consult a specialist if your gum health is out of control.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!