Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukul Agarwal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukul AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Suffering from dark circles under your eyes? Here are effective therapies that can do wonders!
Are dark circles under the eyes caused due to stress, or is the stress about dark circles worrying you and making them further darker?! On a serious note though, there are definite cosmetic therapies that can help you get rid of the dark circles under your eyes. Dark circles can be caused by issues ranging from thin skin in the lower eyelids to poor circulation to pigment variations, and therefore the reason should be identified properly so that the treatment can be done accordingly.
For some people, poor blood flow to the eyes can be the reason for dark circles too.
- These people would benefit from using double pillows so that blood does not build up under the eyes. In the morning, a cold compress (a towel soaked in cold water) can be applied to narrow the blood vessels and reduce flow.
- Alternately, eye creams with caffeine can be used to narrow the blood vessels.
- Creams with Arnica which have anti-inflammatory properties are also beneficial in reducing the under-eye darkness.
- Creams with green tea or grape seed oil improve capillary wall thickness and thereby promote smoother flow of blood.
- Diet can be modified to include flavonol-rich chocolates and Omega-3 fatty acids rich foods like walnuts and salmons.
A good under-eye moisturizing cream with glycerin, sodium hyaluronate, vitamin E, vitamin K can be used. These help in constricting veins and capillaries and also improve skin hydration. A yellow or gold-based concealer that reflects light should be used followed by translucent face powder. There are also minor surgical procedures offered to reduce the effect of dark circles. Read on to know more.
- Laser and/or skin resurfacing: Laser can be used to trigger the superficial layers to produce more collagen and improve overall skin quality.
- Use of dermal fillers: Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the skin under the eye bags. Where the skin is very thin, this will make the dark circles less visible, and the effect can last up to 2 years.
- Grafting fat particles: The fat can be grafted from another part of the body and injected under the eyelid. This again would reduce the effect of dark circles.
- Cheek lift: If you are having dark circles in addition to eye puffiness and deep nasolabial folds, a cheek lift is a good option. This will produce a more permanent solution to your dark circles.
- Blepharoplasty: The next invasive method is the eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty. The skin of the upper and lower eyelids and the skin around the eye are treated to reduce the effect of dark circles in this procedure.
While dark circles are definitely an issue, there are ways to manage this effectively. A word of caution though, all these can be undertaken only after you engage in a detailed discussion with a dermatologist.
Hello doctor, my 7 year old younger brother was put hot water by mistakenly on his leg. Due to this skin of leg is burnt down and blood start flowing. What should I do doctor?
How Can I Reduce My eyes Dark spot How can I put on my weight without doing any special diet How can I will be fit life time.
I had pimples some time ago. Now they are not there but they left many press on my skin. Suggest something to make them to off my face.
I am a 36 yr old woman. I am facing very dry hair and excessive hair fall problem. Please advise any medicine and good herbal shampoo. Thanx.
I have black spots well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for last two month but I did not see any change. What should I do?
Last two days in my body itching problem saw some round circle in my body what is the reason and which ointment and tablets suitable for this it's look like ringworm.
Loose anagen syndrome, which falls under the discipline of trichology, is a hair and scalp disorder characterized by the presence of anagen hair having abnormal morphology, which can be painlessly plucked or pulled from the scalp, with ease. The overall appearance shows a thinned hair growth (especially at the back), with growth stopping at the nape of your neck. This disorder is most commonly noted in young children, in girls more so than boys.
The exact cause for loose anagen syndrome is yet unknown. The predominating speculation about the same, however, suggests that an abnormality found in the anchoring mechanism of the hair might be at the cause of the disorder.
The inner sheath of the root plays an integral part in helping to anchor the sheath of the hair within the hair follicle. When afflicted by loose anagen syndrome, abnormalities in the keratinization of your inner root sheath, caused as a result of gene coding mutations for cytokeratins are considered to be at the root of the disorder. This leads to impairment in the adherence of the damaged or deformed shafts of hair, to their follicles. This may lead to premature cessation, especially of the anagen phase, and may result in a reduction of hair length.
1. Race: Most commonly noted in white skinned people, especially those with blond hair. It may, however, even be evident in case of those of Asian or African descent.
2. Sex: It has a higher incidence for females than males.
3. Age: The most frequently reported issues occur in young blond girls between the ages of 2 to 5 years. However, adults have also been known to suffer from it.
1. If you are affected by this disorder, you will find that hair density and length atypically increase over time and then darken in color.
2. Also, it can be easily uprooted from the scalp and hair pulling causes little to no pain.
Minoxidil is usually considered to be a good remedy to this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.