Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta SethYour feedback matters!
My sister had a operation of spleen her spleen got removed what precautions should be taken now after operation?
Hi, I am pregnant, in my 8th month and I am in USA. Recently I got a dental gum pain, followed by left face pain and now the whole head s paining. I consulted a dentist and a ENT specialist. Dentist says he can see gum irritation but no infection. General physician says no ear infection, no inflammation in the nasal tract.. No swelling in face, no bleeding, no foreign body stuck in between teeth, no caries tooth. Had a gum cleaning to Check for any infection. They gave me anesthesia on one side to do the gum cleaning but the pain in the gum did not subside. But they say things are fine and asked to goggle with salt water alone. But the pain has not subsided so far.
I am suffering from pcos and every size is 13-14. Are they very big in size and I should go for operation.
Hi Dr. My aunt is pregnant with 32 weeks gestation. Delivery due on jan 5th. She have wisdom tooth but she was told by dentist that after delivery we can operate it. What pain killer is. Safe during pregnancy. To. Put for three days.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
I have periods problem. It comes 2 days before or later. How can it come on ime. please suggest me some medicines. please help me.
Hypertension or high blood pressure in itself is a problem where the patient may have the risk of getting a stroke or heart attack! When it combines with pregnancy, the situation may worsen. However, it is not always that hypertension during pregnancy is dangerous, but if care is not taken it may be fatal.
Is hypertension during pregnancy really dangerous?
When a woman has hypertension, either before conception or after it, she has risks of certain complications that may occur during pregnancy.
With high blood pressure, the blood flow to the fetus is not normal; it decreases. Thus, the fetus does not get enough nutrients that it must get.
Getting fewer nutrients may result in low birth weight as the baby will not receive enough nutrients.
When the baby is not getting enough oxygen and nutrients through the body, your doctor may suggest getting pre-term delivery.
Another emergency may occur if the placenta detaches itself from the uterus before maturing. Placental abruption sometimes can be very dangerous.
For delivery of a pregnant woman with hypertension, doctors generally prefer a Cesarean delivery.
Another tough situation is preeclampsia that can be life threatening for both baby and mother. It may lead to cardio vascular problem for the lady in the future life.
There are different types of issues that occur due to high blood pressure that occurs either before pregnancy or during pregnancy.
Types of High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy.
Chronic Hypertension: This type of hypertension occurs in a woman before she conceives. It may also develop during the first two trimesters of pregnancy.
Gestational Hypertension: If the high blood pressure develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy, it is gestational hypertension and after birth, this problem goes away.
Preeclampsia: Both chronic and gestational hypertension may lead to preeclampsia. This is much serious than other situations and the level of protein in urine increases. It is required to take quick action for this type of problem.
Taking medication for hypertension during pregnancy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a check on every medication that the mother takes because each and everything affects the baby. However, it is necessary to treat high blood pressure and keep it under control. There are certain medicines that are not dangerous during pregnancy, but certain medicines like angiotensin receptor blockers and others may be dangerous.
Thus, it is better to take advice from a Doctor before the mother takes any medication.
Finally, a pregnant woman should always consult her physician if she has chances of getting high blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.