Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. MukeshYour feedback matters!
Upper lateral portion of my breast is paining. I can feel it While walking fast, climbing down steps etc. There are two more days for ma exact period date. This pain started three days back. Please help.
Hello my mother 45 years has stage 3b small cell carcinoma cervix and has been injected with cisplatin n etoposide in first line after 6 cycles which there was 100% response after which she went through internal and external radio therapy. Not 2 months later the cancer reoccurred. After which she received good dose of pacitaxel and ireantecon on 1st and 8th day in her second line which proved out to be ineffective and the disease progressed. Now currently she is having her 3rd line with gemcitabine and another drug (don't know it's name) which aren't looking good either. There is a new lymph node visible on her throat which is getting bigger. I want to know if there is anything we can do about this type of cancer? Any experimental drugs which are proving to be effective? Or what else can we do for that cist on her throat. Or what other drugs can help our case. Thank you.
My mother is 60 years old, I want to check for cancer of any type for her, she is not capable of sustaining gastroscopy, is there any test available to check for cancer other than gastroscopy. She is suffering from acidity a lot.
What are the signs or symptoms of the Breast Cancer? How a married woman can prevent it? Does it has any bearing with baby's breast feeding?
What are the possible treatments for Squamous Cell Carcinoma (skin cancer) without side effects. My father is having on on the lower lips. Chemo is bit costly and risky. Can radiation be given? Or is targeted therapy safe?
Sir, My mother is suffering from cervix cancer (IIIB).She already took 25 250c gy radiation with weekly chemo(cisplatin)& 3 brachytherapy treatment ,now some symptoms like mucus black stool has been seeing for 5 to 6 times per day for which she is taking the OFLOMAC OZ medicine.Sir i heard about graviola flowers (soursop) which is used as juice to kill the cancer cells directly,but providing some of the side effects such as parkinson's disease and damage to nerve cell.So then what should i do? (my question is whether i should give it or not? )if is it okay to give then what should be the dosage?
Lybrate - Dr.Nupur Gupta talks about Cervical Cancer.
Hello I am Dr. Nupur Gupta consultant gynecologist and obstetrician practicing in Gurgaon. Today I am going to talk about cervical cancer and its prevention. We all know it is one of the very common cancers amongst females all over the world especially in developing countries, it is more common in developed countries because of poor maternal health. The patients don’t want to go to the gynecologist. There are no guidelines which they know about and they can go for screening for cancer. There are various symptoms that women should know that how cervical cancer can be diagnosed and when is the right time for them to report to their gynecologist. Especially with women, it can happen at any age and especially women who are sexually active with multiple sexual partners who have been infected with human papillomavirus at some point during their life and who have irregular vaginal bleeding and who have bleeding after intercourse which is called Postcoital bleeding and who have intermenstrual bleeding or sometimes they have foul smelling and vaginal discharge. These are all the symptoms which should prompt any female in reproductive age or during menopause, postmenopause to come to a gynecologist and go for screening.
There are various guidelines which are developed in UK, in US and over world and especially in India for females. When should Pap smear be done in any female, is every three years after three samples are negative in three consecutive years. After the age of 60 to 65 years we do it every five years and so on. So women don’t need to fear about cervical cancer anymore because now-a-days research has led to development of a new vaccine, a new innovation in health care which is vaccine against human papillomavirus which leads to this kind of cancer in females. It can be given to adolescent girls from nine years of age onwards and now-a-days it is also part of Indian Academy of Pediatrics immunization in India.
In some countries even boys are given this vaccine because this virus is known to be transmitted from male to female. Upto 26 years of age, any women is eligible to take the vaccine and also women above 26 but who are not sexually active and never had intercourse till date. But taking the immunization doesn’t mean that Pap smear need not be done, still Pap smear screening is mandatory to detect cervical cancer as far as possible. So now we know that cervical cancer is preventable and there is a vaccine which is available, there is Pap smear that can be done in women who are sexually active.
So if you want to know more about this cancer and prevent yourself being affected by this kind of cancer and go for screening you can consult me on lybrate.com which has all modes of consultation audio, video or a text mode of consultation.
I have peeling on one breast Nipple and sometimes blood on applying any fluid cream. Or otherwise sometimes little blood without applying anything. I m. Unmarried. Is it Breast cancer sign or serious.
My prostate size has gone to 146 gms. Urination in the mornings is intermittent. Please suggest some medicine for free flowing urination and reduction in size of Prostate gland. Rajan Tandon.
Sir am lavnya. How to control cancer without medicine? And what is the count for beta hcg if cancer is their?
We hear a lot about cases where they say the patient in the tertiary stage or advanced in cancer. How can one detect cancer early?
Prostrate issue for long time since 10 years early morning when I get up the bladder is full and take some time to empty it.
Hello sir I'm surfing from gynecomastia from last 7 years is there any chance of breast cancer? Please reply help me to find out and give some tips as well!
I have prostrate cancer And I am at very last stage My check up is going on But I just wanted to know that is there any treatment fir this and if yes then where?
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.