Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am of 49 years. For the many years I am feeling tension for any work without any reason. always I think negative and presumes unwanted incidents. Due to some recent problems I am all ways thinking of the incident and feeling tensed. please suggest?
Heels are weight bearing part of feet during standing, walking or running. Improper postures or foot wear can cause degeneration of heel and subsequent pain.
Causes for heel pain:
1. Sprains: Improper exercise and improper footwear like high heels can put unnecessary stress on heels and cause pain. Avoid such conditions by using excellent quality heels and avoiding them as much as possible. Exercise should be done under expert guidance.
2. Fractures: Stress or hairline fractures can occur even without trauma and cause pain. In such cases, you should immediately consult a doctor.
3. Plantar fasciitis: A common cause for heel pain, the Plantar fascia at heel can cause severe early morning heel pain. It can be managed with exercises, PRP Injections.
4. Arthritis: Gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of arthritis can affect ankle joint and cause heel pain. This can be managed with medications and exercises. In severe cases injections may be needed for treatment.
1. Change in shoes: Shoes play a key role in the development of heel pain. Avoid wearing heels for prolonged period and specially when walking long distances.
2. Foot supports: There are specialized heel supports and wedges, which you can wear with the footwear. These supports help redistribute weight from the problem areas and uniformly distribute it among the other parts of the foot. Heel cups are also another form of supports you could try.
3. Pain relief medications: Over the counter analgesics like Ibuprofen or Paracetamol can help in reducing acute episodes of pain. Self - medication for prolonged periods should be avoided.
4. Ice packs: Application of ice packs decrease pain and stiffness of heel. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Which fruit drink controls body pains and improves blood count and its circulation to reduce fatigue.
I am 19 years old male I am not able to remember any thing for a long time related to my study what should I do?
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
My wife is diagnosed with bipolar disorder depression I heard that there is no permanent cure for that she is only 36 years old with two kids how she and our family survive with this dangerous decease please guide if it can be cured.
I am lots off disturb. What I do. I do not knw. I am depressed. I want to suicide. From depression I have loan from higher rate of interest. So what can I do.
Hi some time I feel I can't do anything about my life I feel that is so hard . i think i had depression.
I think I have lost some memory or a center in my brain which controls understanding has slowed down. Can't keep a control over how I feel. Are blood pressure levels responsible for this? I feel either I have a psychiatric problem or a health problem.
Feelings of inadequacy for long durations and being extremely sensitive to what others think of you is a disorder called avoidant personality disorder symptom. Such feelings of inadequacy in turn push the person to become isolated from the society and the person avoids people, work, and other activities. Social and occupational functioning is affected as the person is extremely sensitive and has very low self-esteem. Symptoms of avoidant personality disorder are:
- Avoiding social interactions: people suffering from this disorder avoid almost all sorts of interpersonal contact since they lie with the fear of rejection, disapproval and criticism.
- Avoiding risks: they avoid taking personal risks or being involved in activities which seem new, because they fear that they will embarrass themselves.
- Socially unplugged: they are not willing to get involved with individuals unless they are absolutely certain of being liked by the person.
- Preoccupied with negative perception: the idea of being criticized or rejected in social functions is so deep within their psyche that they are often preoccupied with only this thought in their minds.
- Inferiority complex: people suffering from avoidant personality disorder consider themselves as good for nothing, unappealing, and inferior to everyone else.
- Avoid intimacy: they are always reluctant to get into intimate relationships because they feel that they will be shamed and ridiculed. Because of such fears, they let go of relationships where they would have been genuinely cherished too.
The only treatment possible for this disorder is psychotherapy. While some people opt for long term therapy, most people usually visit a psychotherapist only when they feel overwhelmed with their fear and emotions.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am diagnosed sugar on 3/8/2016. My age is 43. I feel very low mentally. Since then I am taking boiled food. But not taking any medicine. Kindly guide me or recommend me medicine which has no side effects.
I lost somebody close last year and since them feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 38 years old. I struggle to sleep. It's been a while that I Slept well. I am working and my shift time is 1 pm to 10 pm. Because of lack of sleep I am not active and feel very tired, not able to focus on my work. So I started taking restyl 0.5 mg. When I take the table I slept well and next day k am active. But it's self medication. I am looking for help. I feel my memory is getting bad as well. I have thyroid and taking thyroxine 0.75 mg daily. Thanks !
I AM A BOY OF 24 YEARS AGE,AFTER EXPENDING 2 MONTHS IN CONTINUOUS TENSION IN BRAIN, IM FEELING LITTELE EMPTYNESS IN BRAIN,UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT'S PEOPLE ARE THINKING ABOUT ME ?
I feel depressive as I dose not have much work to do at office & home routine morning walk 6.15am 7am breakfast9.30am lunch st2.30pm back at home 7pm no work tv from 8 to 10.30 pm lAge 55 years weight 93 kg please suggest
Hello doc. I am having lungs problem. Whenever I go for going medical, I find some spots in my lungs on x-ray film. And they reject me. I have also visited few doctors. But they say this is non curable thing. Please help me what to do now.
Hi, My mother (67) has lived lonely yet my father was with her but he was addicted to alcohal that create differernces in my mother mind. Aslo my mother has thought of being cheated by my fater, yet she has not told this in publicly to us. After my father's death she is with me. She do all the household things ie. Cooking, etc. But she does not speaks her own. She speaks very less. She does not sociable, she don't want to go out from home to meet relatives yet she remember relatives. She is not social from a long time. Pls. Suggest how she can recover from this situation. Thanks
I have anxieties problem and also depression get the tension any small problems I have social phobia like fear with speak please advice suitable medicine.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to a social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.