Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
- Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of the tooth and prevent the build-up of plaque
- A diet that is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fresh fruit and vegetables can help to prevent gum disease
- Eating and drinking naturally weakens the enamel on your teeth, and brushing straight afterwards can cause tiny particles of enamel to be brushed away. It is best not to brush your teeth until at least one hour after eating
- Chew sugar-free gum to stimulate saliva to help prevent your mouth from drying out
- If you are a nervous patient, make sure your dentist knows this, including what you most dislike about treatment
- To test if you have bad breath, simply lick the inside of your wrist, let it dry and sniff. If the smell is bad, you can be fairly sure you have bad breath
- Always tell your dentist about changes to your health, as it may help them prevent gum disease from developing
- A glass of water is the best drink to give your child after eating sugary foods
- Brush your teeth just before you go to bed and before you have anything to eat or drink at breakfast
- Use a mouthwash containing anti-bacterial to help control gum disease.
I am 31, had braces 2 years back however i wasnt very serious with the retainers after the braces were removed. So some gap has appeared. Can it be corrected by putting on the braces again. How long can it roughly take.Is age an issue?
Hi! I a. Suffering from oral submocous fibrosis for a year ago please help me to cure that serious disease.
Respected sir my teeth are so painfull from 1 week and also moving, age 50 i have BP,Sugar but they are under control now what i do.
I am a 50 years old man having dry and itching skin problem between my legs and right hand fingers. I have one partially broken tooth decay problem also and I suspect that it may because of this tooth.
How do I overcome apthus ulcer non diabetic hypertension patient what are the reasons behind it in mouth.
What you must know before you get root canal treatment
Root canal treatment also known as endodontics is performed to treat and heal an infected or badly damaged tooth rather than removing it. When your teeth start decaying, you do not feel any pain for a very long time. However, gradually the darkening of your tooth color may become prominent which could mean that the tooth nerve is dying or has died. That's the time you will need root canal treatment which involves cleaning of the canals inside the roots of your tooth.
Why you may need the root canal treatment
Teeth consist of a soft core known as dental pulp. This pulp goes beyond the crown and the noticeable part of your tooth to the root tip inside your jawbone. The pulp contains blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue. So when your tooth is damaged or has a severe cavity, bacteria can easily make their way through the pulp. Symptoms and signs of a sore tooth include a hole in your tooth, a swelling around the regions of your face and neck, gum swelling, tooth pain or a toothache and temperature sensitivity. If it is left untreated, the decaying material and bacteria can cause a tooth abscess or severe infection, resulting in a bone loss, pulp death and even loss of the tooth itself. The root canal treatment is the best way to save the damaged teeth and escaping the painful process of extraction.
What does the treatment involve?
The purpose of the treatment is to free your root canal from every possible infection. The root is then cleaned and filled to avoid any further infection.
Root canal treatment is a skilled procedure which is time-consuming and usually requires from 2-3 visits to your dentist.
In the initial stage, the infected pulp is isolated to drain out abscesses (if any), followed by the cleaning of your root canal which is then prepared for a temporary filling.
Your tooth is then left to settle down.
In the next visit, your tooth is checked to see whether it’s free from all forms of infection so that it can be permanently filled.
Related Tip: Only 6 Basics That Beat Bad Breath