Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mukesh BatraYour feedback matters!
A.Girl lives with me. She disturbs me very much. When I see her. I Am getting So much angry. So my heartbeat increase sometimes. How can. I pacify my mind.
Sir mam I had a phobia related to facial nerve palsy although there is nothing like that on my face but when I start comparing my face step by step fear is so overwhelming it start accompanying the same that there is something how should I get out from it I want to love my face as want to be confident that there is nothing like that it's just a fear phobia please recommend me some to over come.
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. please answer.
I am 24 year old and I feel very depressed because of my behavior some friends told me you hurt me by words but seriously I never intended to hurt them I am trying to change myself that's why I have stopped to be talkative but they complaint me you are being Rude and your attitude but I don't know how to change this Please suggest me for this.
I am 35 years old woman. I have been suffering from anxiety from the past few years but when it was unbearable for me to tolerate then I went to gp. That happened two years before. He gave me anti depressants and anti anxiety medicine. I am now regularly under his guidance. Now he lessened my dose of medicines. I am able to get anxiety under control when I take medicines. I used to get negative thoughts and false images in my brain. After taking medicine they have gone. Is there any advise. Will I have to take medicine for life long. How can I control my anxiety and pulse rate apart from medicines.
My son is 6 years old studying in second class. He is active and healthy .when he study for the exam he forgot every thing what he read yesterday. If he put pressure on the brain for study he says my head is paining. please help whats the problem is.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.