Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mugdha Tapdiya
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mugdha TapdiyaYour feedback matters!
Plantar fasciitis is a common condition that gives rise to heel pain. A thick band of tissue runs across the bottom part of the foot and connects the heel bone to the toes. This leads to inflammation. Those who suffer from plantar fasciitis experience stabbing pain especially when you take the first few steps after waking up in the morning.
As you are up and start moving in the morning, you will feel that the pain decreases. However, after long periods of inactivity or standing in one place the pain might return.
This condition is seen to occur more commonly in runners. Additionally, people who wear improper shoes, lacking adequate support and/or are overweight stand at a greater risk of getting plantar fasciitis.
Few symptoms of plantar fasciitis include-
• Stabbing pain felt at the bottom of the heels
• Pain arising immediately after exercising but not during it
Cause of Plantar Fasciitis-
Normally, the plantar fascia (ligament tissue) can play the role of a shock absorber, mainly a bowstring that supports the arch in the foot. When tension and stress build up on the bowstring, tiny tears can start to crop up within the fascia. Constant tearing and stretching can lead the fascia to become inflamed and irritated. Many times the cause of plantar fasciitis in certain patients is not entirely clear.
What Makes You Susceptible to Plantar Fascia?
Although the condition of Plantar Fascia can arise without any bulletproof reason, there are certain factors that make you more susceptible to it. These include-
• Age - Those who are aged above 40 but below 60 are more prone to getting this condition
• Obesity - Those who are overweight will inadvertently put greater pressure on the plantar fascia
• Exercises- Certain exercises tend to put more pressure on the heels than others. These exercise types include jumping activities, long-distance running, aerobic dance and ballet dance.
• Foot Type - Those who have an arched foot or are flat-footed, or tend to walk in an abnormal manner are at a greater risk of putting pressure on the plantar fascia
• Your Job Type - Teachers and factory workers who tend to be on their feet a lot or have to walk on hard surfaces may put stress on their plantar fascia
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition that needs immediate attention because when left untreated it could develop into chronic pain and thus become a source of constant pain. In order to prevent it from hampering your daily activities ensure to change the way you walk. This will minimize the hip, knee and back problems in the future.
Diabetic homoeopathic medicines.
- Diabetes mellitus is an emerging global epidemic, taking its toll in developing countries as india. Presently, the treatment for diabetes using allopathic drugs gives only a temporary relief. A combination of right medicine and potency, on other hand has given homoeopathy a high success rate in the treatment of this disease.
- The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of homoeopathic mother tincture and potencies on blood glucose level, cholesterol level, body weight, and beta-cells of pancreatic islets of langerhans. The present study clearly indicates a significant antidiabetic effect of homoeopathic medicines.
- It supports the pancreas in insulin production in diabetes and improves the ability of insulin in lowering glucose level in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. It decreases cravings for sweet.
- It raises insulin production by regeneration of the pancreas cells and useful in lowering serum cholesterol and triglycerides. The leaf extracts inhibits hyperglycemia and also acts as a cardiovascular stimulant.