Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mudit AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year girl. I have some glands in my breast without pain. mammography done. It is fibroid only. Is it harmful in future.
My grandfather is suffering from 4th stage of oral cancer and has tracheostomy and peg tube and the phlegm is so much and smelly too which we have to suck through a suction machine usually after every 2 hours. What should we do now?
Is non small cell lung cancer curable? What are the possible treatments? What is the life span for such patient?
My cousin aged 35 male suffered from shoulder pain and finally diagnosed as Total Bilirubin as 2.9 mg/do and direct as 1.2 mg/dl. And MRI scan read as "Liver: Show multiple arterial phase enhancing lesions with early washout during the portal and delayed phases, largest lesion measures 6.8x8.2 cms[AP x tr] in segment VII, Portal vein appears normal. Common bile duct and intrahepatic biliary radicals are not dilated. Multiple periportal celiac, mesenteric and retroperitoneal nodes seen largest measuring 2.5 x 2 cms in the periportal region. I want to know whether he had catched Liver Cancer. If yes is it advanced stage. It is curable or not? Please explain me clearly how many days he can live and what are the best treatments available. Please help.
I am 21 years old male, I have got red patches in my gums. And its pain alot n I get blood while vomiting. Is it oral cancer?
My one breast is small and other is little bit large I am worried abt breast cancer is it normal ya any think serious?
What is the difference between malignant tumor and benign tumor and a cyst forming in the jaw is harmful to what extent and can be identified as benign or malignant and what is the diagnosis in each case?
This is a form of epithelial cancer and is a lose called eating cancer
Symptoms:- it first appears on the nose as a hard, dusky red sore and spreads in ulcerative form destroying the tissues till the bones are exposed. This affect women 10 time more than men. It usually appears in women between the age. Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain may accompany. It is an ulcerative skin disease and requires a very long-term treatment. Sensitivity to sunlight is usually present. Lupus is caused by disruption of body waste disposal system from failure of special enzyme d nasil, which fails to remove wastes from the body.
The disease is easily noticeable as it is outside the body on the the skin and biopsy is performed to confirm it.
If possible, the affected portion of the body is cut out.
I suggest homoeo doctor consult and homoeo treatment best.
Epithelial Ovarian Cancer is a condition in which malignant tumor emerges from the tissue lining in the outer surface of the ovary. Epithelial tumors are usually benign, but this form of malignancy has been found to be the most common type of ovarian cancer. Moreover, it cannot be diagnosed until in its advanced stage. Medical research shows that factors such as multiple pregnancies, delayed childbirth and early menarche seem to raise the risk of ovarian cancer, while dietary and environmental factors also play a significant role in it.
1. A majority of the patients have been observed to have extensive intra-abdominal growth.
2. They may experience discomfort or swelling of the abdominal region.
3. The feeling of being bloated, lack of appetite, unnatural weight alteration, dyspepsia, malaise, and urinary problems are frequently reported symptoms.
4. Patients also experience constipation and other gastrointestinal problems.
The first step towards treatment of ovarian cancer is to diagnose the condition. A thorough pelvic examination (consisting of an examination of the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix) will help to pin point any abnormality of the ovary. If the doctor notes nodularity, firmness or lack of tenderness during the examination, these can be taken as symptoms of malignancy of epithelial ovarian tumors. Ultrasound examination of the abdominal region will also help to locate abnormality in the tissues on the outer surface of the ovary. The next logical step towards treatment is getting a biopsy. During this procedure potentially malignant cells are removed and then diagnosed by a pathologist to conclude if the cells are cancerous or not. The process of removal is known as laparotomy.
Apart from a handful of stage one patients, most women with epithelial ovarian cancer receive chemotherapy. The standard treatment for this type of ovarian cancer is the surgical elimination of tumor. This includes total abdominal hysterectomy, a surgery in which the uterus and cervix is removed through an incision in the abdomen. Post surgical treatment consists of taxane-platinum chemotherapy. Patients with minimal residual cancer undergo external radiation therapy or intraperitoneal chemotherapy (radioactive liquid is channelled into the abdomen with the help of a catheter).
A lot of research has been done in this field and a variety of clinical trials are available for a patient, if he/she wishes to be a part of it. Leading methods are immunotherapy and targeted therapy are also available. Immunotherapy uses the immune system of the patient to battle cancer. Bodily substances or substances created in the lab are used to restore and boost the body’s natural defence mechanisms against cancer. Targeted therapy, on the other hand, uses substances to identify the cancer and attack the malignant cells without jeopardizing non-cancerous cells.
What medicine is there for a cancer patient to cure the cancer is there any precaution to cure the disease.
Usg thyroid impression: 1. Bilateral heterogeneous sols, of concerning for suspicious nature.(suggested fnac) 2. Prominent lymph nodes bilaterally. Please help.
I am 45 years old. I am suffering from prostate enlarge. Burning and pain in urine. On pressor urine and latrin release simen from my penise. I am eating medicine aurved, unani. But no releif. I am diabetic.
Hpv vaccine update
Three different vaccines, which vary in the number of HPV types they contain, are available
- A bivalent vaccine, targets hpv types 16 and 18
- A quadrivalent hpv vaccine, targets hpv types 6, 11, 16, and 18
- A 9-valent vaccine, targets the same hpv types as the quadrivalent vaccine (6, 11, 16, and 18) as well as types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58
- If cost and availability are not issues, use 9-valent vaccine for individuals for whom hpv vaccination is indicated
- Infection with human papillomavirus&nbsp;(hpv) types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 is implicated in approximately 90 percent of invasive cervical cancers.
- Two types associated with genital warts are (6 and 11)
- Routine immunization should be offered to boys and girls aged 11 to 12, but can be administered as early as nine years of age. Catch-up vaccination should be offered to males between the ages of 13 to 21 and females between 13 to 26 years who have not been previously vaccinated. Repeat vaccination with the 9-valent vaccine is likely not warranted for individuals who have completed a series with a different HPV vaccine.
- Persistent viral infection with carcinogenic HPV types causes virtually all cancer of the cervix and most cases of anal cancer. The carcinogenic types, HPV 16 and HPV 18, which are targeted by the current HPV vaccines, cause approximately 70 percent of all cervical cancers worldwide and 72 percent of anal cancers. Hpv types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 are estimated to cause an additional 19 percent of invasive cervical cancers. Hpv 6 and HPV 11 cause approximately 90 percent of genital warts.
- Hpv immunization is most effective among individuals who have not yet been infected with HPV (eg, before sexual debut).
- The quadrivalent vaccine and 9-valent are administered in three doses at time zero and at two and six months of follow-up. The bivalent vaccine is administered in three doses at time zero, and at one and six months of follow-up.
- Cervical cancer screening is recommended for any woman 21 years of age or older.
- Clinicians should be aware that HPV immunization is not effective in clearing cytologically evident disease or HPV infection that is already present.
Please tell me about Radiation/chemotherapy treatment. Is it very painful and has many side effects such as hair loss memory loss vomiting deafness and many more. Is it true ?
Lungs are the most important organ of our body that has the responsibility of taking in the oxygen and releasing out carbon dioxide. When cancer develops in it, the entire body gets imbalanced. Lung cancer leads to more death than any other type of cancer, which is why identifying the symptoms and knowing the causes are instrumental in obtaining a timely diagnosis as well as in prevention of this disease.
Symptoms of Lung Cancer
In the early stages:
- Persistent coughing
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Sudden weight loss
- Coughing up blood
In the later stages:
Causes of Lung Cancer
Smoking: People who smoke are more prone to lung cancer. With the increase in the number of cigarettes you smoke, your chances of getting lung cancer increase too. People who don't smoke but are surrounded by the smokers also have high chances of being affected by this form of cancer.
Exposure to Asbestos: Asbestos is a group of mineral, which is present naturally in the environment. Lung cancer can occur due to the inhalation and ingestion of asbestos fibers.
Exposure to Ranon Gas: Ranon is a radioactive gas, which is formed naturally on decaying of radioactive elements. It is found in low levels in the air that we breathe and the water that we drink. Consumption of air and water having this gas leads to lung cancer.
High Levels of Air Pollution: Presence of high levels of dust particles and pollutants in the air that we breathe can cause lung cancer. 1-2% of lung cancer is caused because of it.
High Levels of Arsenic in Drinking Water: Consuming water with arsenic content is harmful. Some studies suggest that it is associated with increased risk of lung cancer.
Exposure to Chemicals: Exposure to certain chemicals like uranium, coal products, gasoline, diesel exhaust and mustard gas can also cause lung cancer.
Family History of Lung Cancer: Chances of getting lung cancer increase if your parents, child or siblings are already prone to lung cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.