Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mudassir Khan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Mudassir KhanYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I am 47 years old. I have no BP or Sugar. But I am suffering sever pain at nerve of both ankles. When I rose up from the chair, there is so much pain in both ankles.
In the early stages of the disease a flattening of the lumbar curve may occur. Then, with increasing pain and a flexed posture, the thoracic curve can become more accentuated. If unchecked, this can be followed by a loss of cervical curve and a protracted cervical spine develops as an attempt to compensate for the forward flexion. As the hips become more flexed, hip flexion contractures can occur and the knees flex to improve balance and vision. Poor posture results in muscle fatigue, weakness, disability and a poor body image.Good management of the disease should prevent poor posture from occurring,although any fusion may be delayed and not halted. Note especially the knee flexion and hip flexion deformities. The reason for these deformities is that,if the spine is constantly flexed, the patient would fall over forwards. By flexing the knees and hips, the person shifts the line of gravity back within the base to become more stable.
AIMS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY MANAGEMENT:
The overall aims are to minimize deformity and disability and to improve well being, thereby maintaining normal function and improving the person’s quality of life.
Specifically these aims can be achieved by:
- Advising on postural awareness and ergonomics
- Reducing pain
- Maintaining and improving posture and function by a) increasing mobility of spinal, costo vertebral and peripheral joints, b) strengthening the antigravity muscles, and c) stretching specific muscle groups
- Improving and maintaining cardiovascular fitness
- Monitoring posture, mobility and function through regular assessment
- Devising and monitoring a home program of specific exercises that are suitable and consistent with long-term compliance
- Imparting knowledge about the disease and its management Improving the person’s psychological state, coping strategies and exercise compliance.
PAIN IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
Pain may vary from low grade discomfort to intense pain.
Typically, pain is aggravated and is often reduced by exercise. The perception of pain can be influenced by several factors, including fatigue.
Physiotherapy modalities such as ultrasound, dry needling, and transcutanous nerve stimulation, mega pulse and gentle spinal mobilization can be effective, especially for localized pain.
If the person has not exercised recently, exercises will need to be commenced gradually and the person warned that initially they may provoke pain.
Wearing supportive shock-absorbing shoes can decrease the jarring effect of walking on hard surfaces and reduce the likelihood of aggravating the pain. Hot packs can reduce pain.
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!