Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Tripti Choudhary
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Tripti ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
Me apne aap ko leke tens hu me boht kuch krna chahti hu lekin mujse ho nhi pata or mera mind boht sochta h pura din aesi waist ho jata h .muje aisa lgta h jese mere mind ko kisi ne bhand diya ho. During study I always fel sleepy. Or mera exam me bilkul b man nhi krta pdhne ka .so wat should I do to concentart properly towards my study.
Depression, or major depressive disorder, is a mental health condition marked by an extended sense of sadness and despair that affects how a person thinks, feels and functions. It affects the way you think and brings about changes in your physical and emotional self. In severe cases, depression makes it extremely difficult for you in carrying out your daily activities. Yes, the condition may significantly interfere with a person's daily life and may prompt thoughts of suicide. There is no instant cure for this disorder; rather it requires a more long term approach to treat this disease.
The symptoms of depression are:
Feeling of emptiness and sadness.
Violent outbursts of anger.
Disturbances in sleep patterns, resulting in insomnia in few cases.
Constant tiredness and fatigue.
Constantly agitated and anxious.
Drastic changes in your appetite (usually appetite decreases).
Physical problems such as headache and back pain.
Constant feeling of worthlessness and guilt.
Recurrent thoughts of suicide and violence.
Although scientists agree that depression is a brain disorder, the debate continues about exact causes. Many factors may contribute to the onset of depression, including genetic characteristics, changes in hormone levels, certain medical illnesses, stress, grief, or substance abuse. Any of these factors alone or in combination can bring about the specific changes in brain chemistry that lead to the many symptoms of depression, bipolar disorder and related conditions.
Psychological counselling and medications are the preferred treatment alternatives for depression. The medications that are used to treat depression are antidepressants and serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It is important to consult a psychologist before opting for any treatment procedure. The doctor will carry out a thorough diagnosis and then prescribe treatment accordingly.
Psychotherapy is another treatment process that is used to treat depression; this involves you talking about your condition to a doctor. It can help you find better and feasible ways to find solutions to problems and set realistic goals in life.
Electroconvulsive therapy is another mode of treatment that uses electric currents to modify the functioning of the neurotransmitters. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Facing fear to do each thing. First raise the question in mind Can I do id? I got loose confidence when I face the things. For exp interview.
How can I build self control. How can I increase my concentration power and memorise things for a longer time? Please suggest me some natural ways.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.