Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Srividya RajaramYour feedback matters!
My age 21 years old am here to explain my problem with what real incidents happening in my life and continuing struggling. Actually am I suffering from Type 1 Diabetes since 9 years taking 3 times insulin injections daily, this is o.k for me. But real hardship am I facing is due to somewhat my nose is not straight the whole people around me when am in school or in college or in bus or any travel events they've given bad expressions it touches very hard to brain and heart to understands due to these very severe hypoglycemia attacks occurs [blood sugar range was 26,36,25,45 and so on], I was alone, heart beat pumps at very fast rate, tension and stressed. So, after long analyzing I was decided to do nose operation to straighten nose and it was successful last year. But, the problem is still peopled give bad expression but with tiny amount when compare to previous one. Due to this I was alone in my room, not going to outside just college to home.Please tell.
I have severe headache at my temple regions since 4-5 months and its continuously there every alternate day and as an addition now a days I am facing issues like memory loss, loss of awareness, social isolation etc. Please suggest me a remedy.
My voice is too low to be heard. My friends suggest me to increase my pitch. Sometimes I am not audible to my friends also. Suggest me some tips to improve my voice.
I have inferiority complex and I also social unplugged or social interactions. What should I do please help me with this?
Hi! I am having below issues these days: Excessive thrust. Under weight Very less hunger Pain in legs and tired ness Weight loss And Depression.
Hi.I am on antidepressant nexito 10 from almost 6 years now. I feel side effects like fatigue and my weight has also increased. I want to get rid of this medicine but as soon as I lower the doze like I take 5 mg .I feel terrible withdrawal effects. .Plz help me like how can I get rid of this medicine without feeling any withdrawal symptoms.
I am a victim of betrayal, poorly realized after 9 years, overcome to my routines and career focus but the 9 years pseudo love by my partner repeatedly horning which makes me tired and lethargy, her villain attitude made my kid away from me is an additional factor for my disturbance, how to overcome fully and to be great in loneliness? Please
My friend is going to marry in next month, he feels sexual weakness and has time problem, please recommend some drugs that will help in this problem.
I have high level of stress with a small thing my stress goes up what should I do for decrease it without using medicine.
Controlling too much. But some tines it seems why I am here I want to die because why I am suffering from anxiety. Little chest pain. No sleep. How much I will divert my mind now. I am fedup.
Hi am 24 unmarried male. My problem is that when I think of sex, watch any intimate scene, or someone talk anything sexual near me. I get nervous and anxious. My heart beat increases very fast. I can't control my erections and ejaculate immediately. Suffering from this issues from 5 years. What is the cause of the problem. anxiety, premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction. please guide I am highly depressed because of this. Taking Homeopathic treatment from 4 month, only night falls issue has been resolved. But all this issues haven't. please help me to get rid of the problem. Want permanent treatment.
Clearing the week's clutter from your mind will leave you feeling remarkably refreshed. Set some time aside every day to focus 100% on the moment.
The art of paying more attention in the present moment is the key to more effective stress and life management.
1. Find a quiet and comfortable place. Sit in a chair or on the floor with your head, neck and back straight, but relaxed.
2. Become aware of your breathing, focusing on the sensation of air moving in and out of your body as you breathe. There?s no need to change the breath. Just feel it in your body.
3. When thoughts come up in your mind, don't ignore or suppress them, but simply take note of them. Observe where your mind went off to, without judging, and simply return to your breathing. Remember not to be too hard on yourself if this happens.
4. Set your alarm and practice ten minutes of this when you wake up, or when you go to sleep (or both).
Bachpan me mere sir par ek chot lag gayi thi. Us samay to itna farak nahi pada par ab meri us chot mein kaafi dard hota hsi aur meri memory bhi kamjor ho gayi hai.
Can anyone suggest me some picks of antidepressants to kill my depression and anxiety, I want to be confident and want to forget all the things happened in the past,
My husband had extra marital affair. But now he said all is over. But I am unable to trust him. All the time when he is out I thought that he is with that lady. This thinking is spoiling my life, our relation also our kids suffering what should I do?
I got 9000 rank in jee advance last year and could not get into iits. Since then I get depresses occasionally when I start thinking as it was my aim from my very childhood. Kindly suggest me some way to get back to my study.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.