Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. SimiYour feedback matters!
I am feeling very stressed and feel sick also always with headaches n feel sleepy . I do house wrk and also I am a working person. I am too much stressed at my in laws place as a result lack mental peace also which is affecting my health. I am not free to do the things I want. What is the solution.
Due to stressed I am not able to sleep and not even memorised any thing properly. Is there any way to stable memory power coz I am prepare for civil service exams. I'll try many things already but didn't get any positive results yet. What is proper way to keep myself free from stressed.
Hi, My self Rajasekhar and I had one doubt regarding my brain functionality. I am suffering from anxiety from last 1.5 years. Each and everyday I will get. I use to over think like anything. I will create situations myself and get anxiety. But now a days when I am thinking my left brain got stressed out and I am getting one type of blur and lose interest. My left brain was showing some heat type of sensation like my brain nerves get heated up and pain getting from neck. Can you please help me out as I am so worried about my brain.
I am suffering through mental disorders. I get angry for no reasons. Doctors tell that I am self centered or dyslexia person or mentally retarded? What should I do?
Hello Doctor, I am 28 yr, F. How to get rid of anxiety and nervousness and be at peace naturally? Please guide me,
Anorexia is a common eating disorder which is identified by abnormally low body weight, intense fear of gaining weight and a distorted perception of body weight. The problem is not only related to your dietary patterns but it also related to your mental state. People with this disorder are generally self-conscious, have a low self-esteem and are overly concerned about their external appearance.
Causes of anorexia
- Biological factors - These factors represent that anorexia can be congenital or it may have developed over time. Congenital means that disorder is hereditary in nature and is passed on from the parents to the offspring. On the other hand, it may develop in people who are more sensitive and have an inclination towards perfection.
- Psychological factors - Anorexia can also be caused due to certain specific personality traits and emotions that might be possessed by you. For instance, anorexia is more likely to happen to young women who are really worried and conscious out the way they look externally. Additionally, people who are either emotionally not too strong or suffer from anxiety issues can develop this disorder easily.
- Environmental factors - The type of a cultural set up you are living in also plays an important role in developing this disorder. For instance, the western culture is all about slim and fit people, whereas the oriental countries are not so bothered about the same.
Symptoms of Anorexia
Emotional symptoms - This category of symptoms includes behaviors and a thought process aimed towards losing weight and minimizing your food intake. Some of the symptoms belonging to this type include:
- Forceful vomiting to lose calories
- Staying hungry
- Excessive physical activity or exercise
- Denial of hunger
- Social withdrawal
- Depressed moods
Physical symptoms - These symptoms are self-explanatory and are clearly visible on the human body. These include:
- Extreme weight loss
- Thin appearance
- Abnormal blood count
- Dizziness or fainting
- Discoloration of the fingers
- Hair that thins, breaks or falls out
- Soft, downy hair covering the body
- Low blood pressure
I am easily stressed and getting disappointed by others so can you please guide me to over come this and be successful.
I am 32 years old guy i do not believe in any one lot of negative thoughts and feel tress and body pains why this happen me. What I do?
Hello doctors My mother in law is suffering from Parkinson's advanced disease. Is there any treatment whom we have to consult? Till now we have visited almost all hospitals located in my place (hyderabad) .Is there're any hope that we can get her to normal position?
Why do I get the "final destination" feeling when the flight sit in takes off? Do movies really play a part in a person's mind psychologically?
I am very scared of driving on mountains/hills and also scared if someone else is driving. Also I am scared of flying. Though I know it's irrational and a phobia that I have but I am unable to travel to places I want to due to this fear. Is there any medication I can take for permanent resolution?
One guy really loves me a lot. But I don't love him I only want to continue the friendship. I'm scared if I get feelings what will happen. I don't want to hurt my parents. I want to be strong emotionally. I'm not able to concentrate on studies. Really depressed. Please suggest me how to be emotionally strong?
I am nirmal. How can I increase my memory power to concentrate on my studies and build up my career?
In some cases, frustration can tend to be positive and can give you another perspective or view on things. It can also give you the ability to continue going further until you achieve your objective. However, there are times when you are going in circles and the dissatisfaction makes you frustrated and this frustration can cloud your mind and judgment. To avoid that from happening, there are certain approaches that will help you overcome your frustration:
- Be present in the moment: When you are frustrated, you tend to think about a lot of things. This keeps the individual completely occupied with different kinds of thoughts. Even if you try to avoid it or distract yourself, you again start to remember a disappointment from your past. You need to snap out of those thoughts and calm yourself down by centring your brain and thoughts on what is presently going on around you. You can do so in the following ways:
- Concentrate on relaxing: Take a seat, close your eyes and simply concentrate on the live events and concentrate on them for one to two minutes. Take quiet and marginally deeper breaths than regular and inhale with your stomach and not the chest. Concentrate on what is around you as of now. The sun sparkling in through your window, the children playing out on the road, the vehicles or the individuals passing by. Take in the details.
- Try to be happy with what you have right now: After you have pulled your concentration and thoughts back to where they can be most useful, focus on what is still positive in your life. The easiest and least demanding approach to do so is to centre it on acknowledging what you do have in your life right now. The most unimportant of things at this point can prove to be the most beneficial. For example:
- A warm home and a rooftop over your head.
- Water to drink.
- Getting to eat great food.
- Access to the internet and other forms of technology that make life easy.
- Your loved ones.
- Focus on what you can do at this moment: With the amount of frustration and anger you might be feeling, it is important for you to concentrate on what you can do at the moment i.e. at present. It might involve figuring out what has been the cause for your frustration and how it can be dealt with right now or what the alternatives for it are.
Then again, you could also take your time to understand that you may have taken a lot of pressure or things have been extreme. Hence, you have to take some time or a couple of days to simply unwind, deal with yourself and maybe calm down a bit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.