Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ms.Shreya TandonYour feedback matters!
I am feeling depressed. I had sexual relationship with my girlfriend. But now we are separated. Now I missing her and so much depressed. Even I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Should I meet with any psychiatrist.
Sir,/madame, I am 53 years, married for 28 years and weigh 52 kg. My pulse is 47 and I am a long distance runner for the past 12 years. Further I have a transferable job. Both of these are reasons for marital tension. My spouse is a highly tense person and is epileptic for 28 years. We have two adult children a son 27 and daughter 23. Due to continuous stress at home I have finally decided to separate from my spouse. Do you think I will be able to find a soulmate in my next innings. I am medically quite fit and optimistic about life. I am more keen on companionship rather than formal marriage because of this very long and troubled marriage. Both my children are as yet unmarried. Regards.
Hi doc My life was full of failures so I fear to trust people my age is 23 and I don't have any kind of interest on sex or any kind of feelings I feel career is imp than all these my friends tease me as I am childish yet is there any kind of problems with my hormones. Pls somebody help me.
I m taking full diet with proper consulted medicines, still hv long lasting pain in my lower diaphragm. I m 5 months pregnets. N pain normally starts at night whn go to bed. Consult ny medicine or etc. Please direct.
I'm 20 years old. I seem to be a nervous patient. When I was younger, I concentrate to my studies & somebody's lectures without any worry. But nowadays I have shaken fingers. I feel very uneasy in my neck, as the nerves in it sounds when I nod it. Always feel tensed or nervous. I'm in serious problem. Pls help me to recover my health.
I am losing my memory power and brain activeness so I can't maggub anything how to increase memory power and brain active power.
I have blood clot over by body . Someone pain when I touch or press them . I have got these after recovering from typhoid in 2008. Kindly help me in this.
I am a boy of age 22, from 2 days I am having a burning feeling in my stomach n it is uncomfortable. I have had medicine bought from farmacy but still the burn is there abit bit. Wat might be the problem please help. My exams are goin on.
I am only 25and my weight is 90. I want to loss my weight but any exercise or any site not working on me. Now I am fad up to all these so I am going in depression slowly. Please hel.
I am m/40 years. Occasionaly I feel week in my whole body like tiredness. Unable to concentrate upon any work (office or personal). I have sugar problem in my body since last two year and it is at border line only. Please advice.
I have some problems while doing sex with my wife my panic take time to straight and not too strong while doing sex I am not getting strength. So what to do I come depress. Sp please give some solution.
I most of think more and more and take too much tension. Even now everything is ok. I am always think about that bad time and always scared. Because of which my body starts shiver. I feel like vomiting and loose motion and can't take food. Even now everything is ok. But still I feel weak. Cant take food and always feel sad. I always used to think if this will happen. That will happen. How would I bear. All this making me sad and weaker unable to do anything. What would I do. Please suggest.
I am 26 years old male, and have been suffering from severe depression for the last 6 months. I am feeling low all the time and I am unable to focus on things that I care about. Is there any medication that could help in easing my depression, at least a bit?
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic Album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.
My friend is 21years old. He is suffering severe mental stress. Sometimes he is going to depression. What is the season and how it's cured.
Panic attacks can debilitate a person greatly. The panic or anxiety attacks can be extremely powerful and intense, whereby a person starts hallucinating. The level of hallucination can vary depending on the severity of the attack. Such people often hallucinate about something bad or catastrophic striking them. They lose self composure. In extreme cases, they cut themselves off from the outside world and recoil into their safe zone (Agoraphobia).
Panic attacks, should, by no means, be confused with depression. These attacks can be essentially divided into three phases; the start phase, it then reaches the pinnacle or the zenith, before sliding down (fades away). The duration of a panic attack can vary from long to very long periods. The whole experience can leave a person depressed, traumatized and drained out (physically and emotionally). A timely medical assistance can prove to be extremely fruitful.
Panic attacks- its causative, signs and symptoms
A panic attack, can, indeed, come out of the blue (unexpectedly). Extreme emotional turmoil or anxiety can trigger such an attack. An over excited nervous system might turn out to be the wrecker in chief, throwing life in jeopardy. A person might be unprepared to deal with such a situation. Though extremely difficult, the best thing would be to try and relax. The attack is just an extreme state of mind, an abstract feeling that can never come true. It will pass off soon. Panicking will only pile onto your agony. Identifying the associated symptoms can prove to be effective.
Some of the important symptoms associated with pain attacks include:
- A feeling of breathlessness, suffocation and dizziness.
- The palms appear to be sweaty.
- A person may complain of uneasiness or chest pain.
- Increased palpitations are quite common during panic attacks.
- A person might experience severe chills or heat flushes.
- Twitching and trembling of the muscles are often observed during the attacks.
- An intense fear of death or going insane grips the person completely.
- Hands, legs, arms begin to tingle.
- During anxiety attacks, a person loses the reasoning ability.
Few short term behavioural therapies can be of great help. Meditation, yoga and certain breathing practices can effectively ward off physical and mental fatigue. CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a popular technique used to deal with panic attacks. This technique primarily emphasises on the present conditions and factors resulting in panic and ways to minimise or completely eliminate the attacks.