Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms.Shreya Tandon
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms.Shreya TandonYour feedback matters!
I am of 23 year old from last 2 to 3 month I am having more desire to have intercourse and many sexual thought are coming in my minds, this all causing interruption in my studies, and I am worried about this now, is this any kind of disease or problem? Suggest me!. Because of this all I masturbate many times and then feel guilty and shame,
How to come out of matrimonial disputes when the husband is totally in the clutches of his parents n siblings?
My 20 yrs old brother having mood fluctualtions and always thinks himself as the best in world. He drinks and smokes. We r from normal middl class family, but he blackmails and forced us to buy him a car and he has lot of expenditure. He does lota of tantrums. And sudden mood flutuations. At times he talks sense but always make others feel down, specially parents. Please can somebody help.
I am working since 12 your and I get stressed very much at the end of the day could uh please suggest me the diet and necessary that should be done to stay healthy and please do not prescribe s I don't like medicines.
Sir jese mere parents mujhe kisi mind reader k pas lekr jate hain to me esa kya kru ki wo mujhe hypothesis ka asar mujh pr na ho or use mind reader ko pata bhi na chale ki me hypothes hua ya nhi.
Hello sir I want to now about stress related enquiry sir I want to know how to eradicate stress plzz reply.
I am having symptoms if electrolyte imbalance but, don't know about it's treatment. Which department should I approach to. What tests are required. Symptoms: dizziness, confusion, thirst, depression. Reason: prolonged use of diuretic (amifru 40 for 5-6 months) may be.
People who have been victims of domestic violence not only suffer physical abuse, but from emotional abuse as well, which may stay with them for their whole life. The trauma associated with domestic violence can be deep and takes time to heal even after the relationship with the perpetrator is over and there is no communication or contact between them.
Emotional harm is greater than physical harm
Women make up the significant majority of domestic violence victims. When they face violence within the home sphere, they experience a wide range of emotions like anger, sadness, powerlessness, fear, resentment, vindictiveness and much more. Physical violence not only harms their body, but their mind and spirit are equally wrecked as the memory of being physically subjugated scars them emotionally in a very deep manner and can take years to heal.
Some of the long term impact of domestic violence on women is mentioned below.
- Any kind of physical injuries like bruises, cuts or dislocated joints and bones.
- Many women suffer from hearing impairment
- Loss of vision is also another effect
- Miscarriage or premature childbirth
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- A feeling of fatigue and weakness
In certain cases, unreported domestic violence may result in homicide or murder which is the ultimate and most unfortunate manifestation of physical abuse gone too far, That is why it is important to seek help early on before things escalate too far.
The mental effects of domestic violence take much longer time to recuperate from than the physical effects. If the shock is severe, it can render women mentally unstable for life in extreme cases. Even if a woman recovers from it, the emotional scar may remain and might manifest in the future.
- Depression: This is one of the worst mental effects of domestic violence is depression. The good news is depression is often temporary and can be cured. Signs of depression include a feeling of hopelessness, sadness, weight gain or loss, sleeplessness, loss of appetite and a consequent lack of interest in whatever you love to do. This can affect one’s decision making ability and in extreme cases can render one suicidal.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: When you encounter any violent experience, then you are most likely to develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The signs of this disorder include frequent flashbacks of the traumatic experience, nightmares and extreme anxiety. Women who face these kinds of traumatic experiences find it difficult to cope with their present situation for a while. Counselling and support from their loved ones can heal these problems fast.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation however adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults;
- Serious ailments like strokes, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
- The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
- Excessive work pressure.
- Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
- Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:-
- Interaction is the key principle- Adults might need to talk. Being a grown- up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
- Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment- Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
- Providing a person with space is mandatory- Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
- Make a depressed person take care of a pet- The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
- Humor is a wonderful pill- Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
- Ensure the person gets enough sleep- A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.