Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Riddhi Gupta
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Riddhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am not able to concentrate on my work. Everyday I wake, I used to ignore for going office and thereafter in evening I feel very stressed till late night because of pending work and the same schedule goes on. Now from the last few days, I am regularly facing forehead pain and dil kacha (like vomiting) and even tablets for gmhead pain are not working Some how I want to concentrate on my work, its not like I have a hectic schedule I just need 4 hrs a day but needs concentration and mood. please help me out Thanx.
I see my memories of past constantly in my dreams. I don't know if these can be classified as repressed memories. Because of this I'm unable to sleep. I'm afraid to sleep anymore. Insomnia is killing my day by day. I'm depressed all the time. Please help me!
A marriage can go stale due to several reasons. If you blindly believe in the maxim" marriages are made in heaven" you are still living inside a bubble. The gamut of difficulties faced in making a marriage work can leave newlyweds in complete awe. A marriage doesn't tiptoe on a tightrope between success and failure; it is more of a road taken towards happiness.
If your marriage doesn't fill you with contentment or you can sense the lack of bliss with your partner there are reasons to worry. Apart from the regular tiffs and grave contradictions, a married couple could also bicker or part ways due to the nonconsummation of their marriage. At times only one person has to experience the toll of little sexual intimacy while at other times, both individuals suffer from its absence.
A newly wed couple fails to have sex for 3 main reasons
1. Man's problem: erectile dysfunction (failure to get or maintain an erection) and very early ejaculation before vaginal insertion.
3. Position difficulties: surprisingly, many couples find it difficult to take a proper position for sex as many do not have proper orientation of each other's body too.
Probable reasons behind nonconsummation of a marriage:
1. Extreme exhaustion: being very tired or exhausted can make you sexually inactive. One might be stressed due to work pressure. You or your partner could be tired of balancing professional and personal life. All these factors could lead to nonconsummation of marriage.
2. Real or apparent rejection: in many cases, only one person makes efforts to consummate the marriage. The partner may not directly decline your advances, but might not show much passion. This kind of passive response makes the other person feel rejected. You tend to avoid communication of such feelings and that complicates your situation. Along with the lack of intercourse, there arises a lack of love as well.
3. Any kind of substance abuse: addiction can deter you from performing in bed. Alcohol or drug abuse can reduce your sexual capabilities. There is also a range of medications leading to erectile dysfunction or vaginal dryness as a side effect. Having a physical inadequacy can make you recede from the idea of consummation.
4. Lack of emotional attachment: two people might have gotten married under societal or familial pressure. They may not feel love for each other or might not have anything in common to strike a chord of friendship. Lack of emotional attachment can prohibit the consummation of your marriage.
5. Sexual trauma: a person might have experienced instances of sexual abuse in childhood or at some point of time in life. Such instances scar them forever; the scars could be deep enough to come in the way of intercourse after marriage.
Depression has become very common not only in stressed adults or elderly but also in adolescents. It must be addressed at a very nascent stage so that one doesn’t remain low for long. One thing that can help to a great extent is your food habits. There are foods that can certainly help in fighting depression.
1. Fresh fruits and vegetables: Eating folate-rich fruits like blueberries, strawberries, oranges and bananas can combat stress and eating dark green leafy vegetables helps in rejuvenating your mood along with lot of other health benefits too.
2. Omega-3 fats: These Polyunsaturated fats combats depression and is mostly found in fish like salmon & sardines.Flaxseeds and walnuts are also good sources
3.Eat plenty of Protein: Eating protein-rich food like beans and peas, low fat cheese, fish, milk, yogurt, and soy products helps in brain regulation which keeps depression at bay.
4. Dark Chocolate: In spite of having high calories, dark chocolate is considered to be a great stress buster as it uplifts the mood. Pick up a bar of dark chocolate whenever you feel the blues.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.