Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Riddhi GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a smoker and get some non specific right side back pain below the shoulders and wondering the reason for it.
I'm 20 year young boy social anxiety and also have unnecessary fear and stress. Give me some valuable advice.
Hello doctor, I got married in Jan 2017 .my husband is eight years elder than me. N this is arrange marriage. We didn't get much time before marriage to spend with each other. Because he leaves in canada n I leaves in India. We only talk on phone before 2 months of marriage. He came here for marriage. After that he went back. We spent 18 days together after marriage. N now we usually talk on phone. I got to know that he is short tampered. He usually yell on me because of other persons. N he use very abusive language for them in front of me. Those persons are some time my project manager, some times my brother ,or my sister .I don't know people around me. He have problem with all. N when I defend them that you are misunderstanding then he never listen n screams on me. N always complain to my mother in law about me. I don't know he is mentally fine or not. But what to do now I am afraid. My family too scared to send me there in canada now for him. Please guide me what to do Thanks n regards.
I am a schizophrenia patient and addicted to tobacco. Will leaving the tobacco at one instance increase risk of pschyotic attack of schizophrenia?
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.
My problem is acidity, heart burn, belching, feels like wait in chest, burning inside stomach etc.. it started more than 3-4 years. i had undergone lots medication . but still i am not recovered from this problem. i had drinking & smoking habits. but i stopped this before 1 year. i have a problem of over anxiety also. please help me to recover from this proble. thank you
I am very depressed, my ass have many problems, they have problems in day, some infection in their, give me, gud idea pls.
My Mothers age is 46 years extremely addicted to alcohol, She drinks alcohol regularly and very often She does not take food for 4-7 Days or even more. Sometimes we forced her to eat food but She told us give me some alcohol first then I will have the food. Once She was admitted in Hospital for extremely high consumption of alcohol and She was unconscious for 4-5 Days. We have tried a lot to keep her away from alcohol but not able get rid off this addiction. Kindly advise what should we do.
I always feel an urge to do sex with various kinds of women. Especially fat women with big hips, thighs, and breasts. Is it madness or what is it? please tell me. I am very anxious about this problem. please help me. Thanks.
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.