Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Neetu Kandhari
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Neetu KandhariYour feedback matters!
How to avoid tension and stress. When I become tensed, I feel some thing comes to my heart and immediately my heart beat increases with hand shivering. Also my palm becomes chilled.
I am only 25and my weight is 90. I want to loss my weight but any exercise or any site not working on me. Now I am fad up to all these so I am going in depression slowly. Please hel.
I'm 17 years old, I'm suffering generalized anxiety disorder. My problem is when I think go to any place, before need to go to bathroom frequently please suggest me how get well.
I am confused regarding future. I can not able to decide wat work is gud and built my carrier. So depressed. Can not sleep whole night. And a huge disappointment from life no goals. Help me.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
My age is 29, I quit smoking just before 4 days, my sperm watery, is it due to smoking? Should I take A to Z tablet for recovery, kindly suggest, is watery sperm effected my sperm quality, kindly suggest some medicine ,i am married and plan for our first baby.
While taking stress or confusion, my semen is discharged without any sexual stimulation. If excess of leakage of semen in this way, can lead to hormonal disturbance due to stress. This hormonal disturbance can cause diabetes?
I do not know why I always worry a lot. Negative thoughts come in my mind. I feel stressed. I worry about study n many more things. Please suggest me something.
Alcohol is a major source of erection problems. A number of people who are hooked on alcohol suffer from brewer`s droop which is a state of male flaccidity that unable people to get erection.
- Apart from impairing your erection countless studies have shown that alcohol consumption is the major cause of unwise sex which leads to catching infections and STDs. It is true that alcohol can impair judgement and this means that a lot of young people mistake it as something that boost horniness but as is common knowledge you are less likely to enjoy alcohol induced sex as compared to sex while fully sober.
- Researchers have found that too much alcohol affects both your brain and your penis. In a study conducted by University of Washington it was found that men who didn’t consume alcohol were able to achieve an erection more quickly than men who did. While some men were unable to have an erection altogether after consuming alcohol.
- That`s because boozing before sex can lead to decreased flow to the penis and also reduces the intensity of your orgasm. It means that even if you are able to have sex after having alcohol you are unlikely to enjoy it as much.
- It is important that alcohol consumption should be kept to a minimum as it impairs your ability to enjoy sex and also can cause health issues on sexual health in the short and long term.