Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Diana CherianYour feedback matters!
Doctor, Sir, At my work place a new person has joined as a Voice President, now there are two minds are working on one property which is the clash, I am working as a General Manager, and He is working as a voice President for one organization, I always found that he is not treating me well As a respect to position and age and experience person I never say anything to him, only I take his firing from him at all time without reason, It is now difficult to lead the position , and respect, and now surcharging for new JOB he always giving Tonts and some bad comments and creating a very bad Image of mine, after working there he tells to owner that I am not working very Indiscipline person which is a insult to me, Difficult to talk this statement with other people but this is true I am depressed now and want to change the job as soon as possible, but it is very difficult to get the job at this time my age is 49 and his age is 60 some time I feel like to suicide my self and finish my self forever, can not take this at this age which is never happened within twenty years, Would you please send me solution on this and start interact me.Please tell.
I am 26 years old male, and have been suffering from severe depression for the last 6 months. I am feeling low all the time and I am unable to focus on things that I care about. Is there any medication that could help in easing my depression, at least a bit?
Hello doc. I joined a school as a chemistry teacher. I observed that there are 1-2 students in every class that they start to shiver whenever something is asked to them. And if the teacher is in not good mood and teacher talks to them abt any topic these students can't stop to shiver themselves. Doc. I want to help these children. I teach class 9th to 12th. So, pls help me how can I help them and my nature is polite and most of the time I talk in very low and static voice still they feel like fear. Doc. Pls suggest me what to do?
I have no friends. I also can not talk with others. I mean I can not understand what to talk with others. I feel very hesitation while talking. I can not figure out what I will talk with others. I am very depressed for that. Is it some kind of disease? What is the solution?
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this eating vegetables and fruits but still its not curable. Rply and tell me whether slowly slowly this scary symptoms will vanish or not. Lightheaded is one more thing which is unbearable for me. One of psychologist told eat healthy n sleep healthy is the only way to cure it. Brain fog and distorted vision are the worst problem I am facing. Will it disappear slowly slowly.
When my husband is tense he purchase things on online sites because of that our financial problems are increasing. He doesn't listen to me what should I do?
I m 26 years male. My erection power is very weak. I had least erection. I m also a smoker. Suggest me some helpful measures.
I had a head internal bleeding 2 weeks ago. I don't know the details but some blood and fluids entered my brain. My question is will be back to my normal life after getting cured like bike riding, theatre, headphones, walking in the daytime, swimming. I am depressed, help me. Can I lead a normal life. I am depressed.
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
There are at 5 instances during each day when I feel that time is repeating itself. Like I have already been in that situation, already heard what I am hearing etc. Request you to please help me understand what it is.
Sir. I'm 19 years boy, I'm suffering with over thinking about my career & few of nonsense things at this age. Please sir help me, with your tips & advices to overcome this problem.
I am a female aged 38 yrs with hypothyroidism & ocd since 6yrs. Taking treatment for hypothyroidism only, weighing 76kgs. How can I reduce my weight. Am also anxious in nature by birth. Suggest me.
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.