Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Chetna BhayanaYour feedback matters!
Sir I just came close to an unknown girl and she was suffering from paralysis as well as was taking medicine for depression. I just kissed on her body. Am I at any risk.
Hello, I am started drinking a tonic made of turmeric, ginger,curry leaves. I don't know exactly because of that or not. Am having serious neck pain. Please save me from this.
I have been through depression since last year after my father passed away. I get angry to such an extent that I could harm someone but somehow I am able to control it and I lost my confidence and I am not able to concentrate on things.I want to go to a psychiatrist but I am not able to due to some social causes. How could I can get rid of it at home?
How can I save myself from over anxiety? What measures should I take to reduce it without any medicine?
My son 16 years old severe fever and stomach pain doctor has given medicines later he git vomiting after meals abdomen scanning done nothing in this later endoscopy doctor told everything ok only anxiety but still small vomiting please suggest a medicine he is using gas tablets in the morning saying I am having weakness please.
i am suffering from mental illness what should i do ? sometime i feel i am alone sometime i feel i am crowded with many people please help
I am stressed because I failed my exams my parents are shouting and scolding me for this am depressed am going through lot of depression because of people I was cheated by my boyfriend then we brokeup my dad scolds me everyday for this reason once he had slapped me am crying everyday after all this my parents are making my marriage next year am not interested in marriage now still they force me to get married because I did not pass my exam am completely in depression please give me a solution not to be depressed.
Used to smoke. Kindly tell me ways to clear lungs and suggest home remedies as well. Lots of coughing.
I feel so much irritation. When I wake up in morning. I am a student n I am preparing for exams. Bt I am not able to concentrate in morning because of above reason. please suggest some tips so that I can get rid of this depression.
I was with my mistress in a public place. A guy comment on her and she get in to argument with him. I interfere and told her. Chalte he yaha se. Is incident k 2 din baad usne call karke kaha tum kisi ladki k kaabil nhi ho. M tum me apnaa lifepartener nhi dekh ti. Kal ko mere parents ese ladke k saath shhadi nhi karaenge Jo responsibility nhi le sktaa. Aaj k baad call mt krnaa. I know mujhe waha stand lenaa chahiye thaa. Mere saamne esi situation nhi aai toh mene kaha use ab m samjhungaa apni responsibilities. Wo khti h ye time nhi h sikhne kaa (as I m 25 years old) I do realise my mistake. Usne mujhe block kr diya naa phone uthaa rhi h. Mujhe kuch achha nhi lg RHA h. Am I over reacting or she is doing right? Kya use time du. Ya ab apne aap ko samjhaa lu. Ki shaayaad WO mujhe nhi contact karegi. I love her.
Hi I am expecting, but I dont have any excitement about it, my career is not on the track thats y I dont want to take baby right now, but my hubby wants. What should I have to do now?
I have a severe headache and body pain. I have taken combiflam but no positive results are there. How can I avoid this?
I am 23yr old, student, m not ok. Nothing is ok in my life. I feel so depressed, tired, afraid off. He hurt me alot still I love him so much but not able to ignore and forgot him. N still not studying, exams has going to come.
Please suggest me some steps to quit smoking. I have tried so many time but always failed. My age is 36, smoking since 20 years of age. I have work style which is really stressful. Please suggest.
There are people who feel lonely but are alone and there are those who choose to be alone but are not necessarily alone, i. E. Surrounded by people. So what make us feel lonely? is it just isolation from social life or one can be lonely in the midst of all social activities? today psychologist Shivani sadhoo answers some of the interesting facts and mind factors behind being alone and being lonely.
First understand, loneliness is a universal human emotion, yet it is both a complex and unique to each individual. It is commonly described as a state of solitude or being alone but in reality, loneliness is a state of mind. This state of mind causes people to feel empty, alone and unwanted. People who are lonely often crave human contact, but their state of mind makes it more difficult to form connections with other people. Loneliness as per psychological definition is not necessarily about staying living physically alone, instead, it is the perception of being alone and isolated that matters the most.
For example, a newly joined office employee, who has difficulty in making friends and making himself/herself noticed, might feel lonely despite being surrounded by hundreds of office mates. Similarly, if a girl or a boy finds it difficult to express his/her pain, fears, feelings through verbal expressions, i. E. By talking, he/she might feel alone among a group of friends who would be all talking about themselves and would consider this person to have no trouble in life.
Loneliness has a wide range of negative effects on both physical and mental health. Some of the health risks associated with loneliness includes:
- cardiovascular diseases and strokes
- depression and suicide,
- alcoholism and smoking,
- progression of Alzheimer's disease
Generally, it's very difficult to recognize if someone feels lonely and sometimes even the sufferer doesn't recognize for the whole life that he/she was lonely deep inside.
One can cure loneliness:-
- by first identifying themselves that they suffer from loneliness.
- by realizing themselves that loneliness is a hazardous condition and they should fix it.
- if the person suffers from difficulties to express themselves to others, lacks effective communication skills, feels shy and stressed in social gathering then its advisable to take a help from experts like a mental health professional or a psychologist.
Stress and anxiety are often repeated terms that people use frequently when they are faced with an overwhelming situation. Yet, these are also clinical terms that can refer to hormonal imbalances which can cause despair, panic, hopelessness, depression and other such emotionally and mentally debilitating problems. Apart from the conventional methods of drugs for symptomatic treatment and counselling or therapy, one can make use of several alternative treatment methods to bring down the stress and anxiety levels significantly.
Here are the top four ways of treating the same:
- Meditation: Transcendental and other forms of guided and unguided meditation can go a long way in realigning yourself with your inner resources so as to create a more congenial environment as you go about doing your daily activities. With meditation, you can focus on your breath or a certain point or you can choose to listen to guided medication which will take you through a scene and help you relax. Soothing treatments such as these will help you in grounding yourself in a better way for a more fluid progression of your day. One can even practice mindfulness techniques for meditation to get into a frame of mind where you will basically observe rather than get affected by everyday events. You must find yourself a quiet place where you can meditate in a peaceful way.
- Yoga: Many people consider Yoga and its various postures and poses as the best means for the union of the mind, the body as well as the spirit. So, this is also a good way to keep stress and anxiety away. Ensure that you practice the exercises, poses and various breathing activities on a daily basis for at least half an hour to one hour in order to feel visible effects in your mood.
- Acupressure: There are a series of specific acupoints in everyone 's body which can be pressed and activated in order to relieve the painful and debilitating symptoms of many conditions, including stress and anxiety. Acupressure is a well known way of dealing with these conditions. This method, with its pointed devices and needles, helps in releasing endorphins and eliminating toxins with reduced muscle pressure and better blood circulation.
- A Better Routine: One of the best ways of removing stress and anxiety from your life is by taking care of your routine and ensuring that you eat, sleep and exercise at a set time every single day so as to create a more organised environment in your life. Limiting caffeine and removing smoking or excessive alcohol dependence can also improve the condition by leaps and bounds.
If the stress and anxiety does not go away with natural methods, then it is best to see a doctor for supplements and therapy.