Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Chetna BhayanaYour feedback matters!
I have stammering problem since I was child. I talk normally without stammering when I talks to friends or someone I know, but the problem starts when I talk to any strangers or front of many people on stage due to nervousness. It also happens when someone suddenly ask a question. It's really very big problem for me, I just want to overcome it. So if you please tell me what to do, I will be very obliged. Thank you & looking for your reply.
I am 31 years doing business and from last 3 months I am getting depression due to loss in business. so, what I should do.?
My dad has a chronic addiction of alcohol and cigarette smoking. It is from about last 30 years. He smoke about 5 to 10 cigarettes a day and about 6-8 pegs of whisky/wine a day. And even exceed it ocassionaly. Me and my family have tried to counsel him but it's not working. I am now in a medical school and whole heartedly want to do something for this. He could not even make to skip a day from his addiction. Please suggest me. Could anti - smoking drugs work, without much of a side effects.
Hi. I'm 19 years old girl. I'm a first years medical student .I have my final examination within a week. And now it all happened to me. So I need physiological assistance. I had a guy as a best friend. I love him a lot. We were even physically intimate. There are lot of memories we shared together. Only till last week, when I proposed him, he said he can't accept me, since he has a girlfriend. He started to ignore me since then.& afterwards clearly mentioned he doesn't want to keep any connection with me. This was too shocking for me. I'm now in a state of mental depression. I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't study, I can't do anything. There's no way left to get back to him. The memories are haunting me like he'll. I'm afraid I will not pass the examination in this way. Please help me as fast as possible so that I may continue my normal life forgetting him. Please help me out.
Hello, I want to know that how I get more energetic and concentrate on my study. Any medicine is available to do so?
Suggest me medicines for any kind of pain like joint pain and body pain and Also suggest how can reduce constipation.
What is the procedure to control hyper tension. My doctor suggested Ativan 1mg. Is the Medicine has any side effect? Please advise.
As I was patient of depression from 2years. Its going to b cured finally. Bt I have grt notion to do something myself in society. So when I study something, I develop an urge that I will do something grt like that. Coz of this I have developed an headache. As reading such books inspires me a lot. But develops a headache on me dat leaving only I thing, I sud do something n I will do something. What, s this? May I know plz? What sud I do. Be far from such books?
Doctors please help me. My age is 28 year male since before 3 years I am suffering from depression and on medication now. And I am working in bank. Now before two days I am suffering little bit anxiety and heart palpitation little bit fear will come and so much negative thoughts are sticking in my mind after coming home also I will not be in peace something negative thoughts are going on. Please tell me how to overcome this.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities