Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Anamika KYour feedback matters!
I am getting depressed day by day. I just don't feel good at the places with brightness love at staying in dark places. Since last 2 years I suffered from various diseases. Are those symptoms responsible for depression. Is this normal type of depression or something abnormal. How can I feel good again?
I am 33 years, male. My anxiety level increases. Whenever I am stress out or concentrate on something. Head becomes heavy. Is there any cure for this?
Dear Doctor, I would like to know how exactly an anti depressant works? Primarily if the course duration for the medication is for 6 months and after that it needs to be tapered down, I would like to know whether the medicine does the job to permanently restore the chemical imbalance in the brain or it just bring it to normal balance and the person can be subject to another episode during a stressful situation after the course of the medicine. I am asking this as this is a vital information that I am not able to find answers to as I am dealing with a depression affected patient at home and would like to get more education in the background of this treatment and how long is the effect of antidepressants going to stay with the patient. Request a genuine help. Thanks and regards.
" Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarretes, with sex; But eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of pain that is holding you in your past, the memories and make peace with them."
Psychological assessment — also known as psychological testing — is done to help a psychologist better understand an individual and provide valuable insights into the individual’s behavior, skills, thoughts and personality. Psychological testing commonly includes intelligence testing, personality testing, and skills testing, among other areas.
Psychological assessment is never focused on a single test score or number. Every person has a range of competencies that can be evaluated through a number of methods. A psychologist is there to evaluate the competencies as well as the limitations of the person, and report on them in an objective but helpful manner. A psychological assessment report will not only note weaknesses found in testing, but also the individual’s strengths.
It has often ben said that 'you are what you think'. It is the human mind which enabled the entire race to dominate over the planet over millions of other species. How can this very complex instrument is so difficult to understand? The human mind is capable of extreme highs and lows in terms of every aspect such as emotions, achievement, empathy anger and so forth. One field of study is Psychology which does help us in its understanding.
What are psychological tests?
Psychological tests are a method to gauge various parameters of an individual’s mind and how it works. There are not one but multiple psychological tests which help with determining various aspects of a person’s mental functioning and capabilities among others. Like medical tests such as X-rays and various types of blood reports help us get a better picture of the condition of your body, similarly, psychological testing helps us a get a better view of a person’s thinking and if at all there are any problems with it. Just a few examples of psychological testing are as follows –
- Aptitude testing in children to check for learning disabilities
- Testing for skills such as dexterity or flexibility, and reaction time to look for brain damage or dementia
- Memory tests to look for psychological disorders as well as dementia
- Testing for anxiety related disorders especially in social conditions, both in children and adults
How are these helpful?
More than pinpointing psychological disorders, these tests are meant to help an individual point out problems and then start on a treatment or therapy to overcome the problems. These tests can help a person in many ways such as –
- Identifying problems early on when they are mild, thus making treatment more effective
- Help them further in studies or their career where certain conditions or problems were becoming an impediment
- Provide methods to tackle a phobia
- Sometimes, psychological testing is very helpful in diagnosing serious mental issues such as depression which may force many to take their own lives; thus preventing it
- Helping to combat physiological problems in cases where no pathological causes are found. In many cases, stress and anxiety lead to other disorders like diabetes, hypertension, gastrointestinal troubles and others. Once the psychological side is treated after correct diagnosis, the physical problems also tend to dissipate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.