Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Alpana KumariYour feedback matters!
I have a bf it has been 2 years of our relationship. I am a very open person I love to talk and little kiddish I love to pull his legs.In front of friends I teased him like You can't do anything in your life. Etc and many more things I said. You know as example - we went out with two mutual friends of us we were having food and I just whispered to him that why he is paying the total amount of food. TAnd he feel like I humiliated him, and drone his prestige. He says I I am only here to drone his prestige. Is it so? He told me he is wasting time to stay with me. I had faced lots of problems in my life which I have never expressed I feel guilty for all this. I feel very much alone. Crying while typing all this but I feel better after sharing can you please help me? Should I walk away from him so that he can live happily? What should I do?
Im a short tempered person when anyone do something which I do not like or can't accept by me, i'll get to much anger in my mind.
Hi Stress and depression which leads to headaches, strain on forehead most of the times and body pain. General weakness due to loss of someone close.
Hi I am under observation of doctor. For last 8 years. Now my problem is intense fear, trembling, sleep disorder and lack of confidence. I couldn' t get rid of fear & build up my confidence. Whether I should carry on with the medicine that is pescribed to me or change the doctor.
Depression and some antidepressants can curb your libido. This has a negative effect on the depression as intercourse releases 'happy hormones'. Thus depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
Here are a few things you can work on if stress or depression is ruining your sex life:
- Break the pattern: Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships. Talk to your partner.
- Having an open conversation with your partner: It is the key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Try to stay away from performance anxiety: Don't let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner's needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
- Don't make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired: If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don't pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner's admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
I felt muscle pain aftr doing plank exercises to shape up my body, Weight: 50 kg, BMI 22.2 (i never did exercise before, IS THAT PAIN IS NORMAL?
I lost someone in last fab it was to close to me I am to depress and I lost myself somewhere else. Please help me.
I m going thrgh a separation. One year since I m separated. I m a teacher who has recently resigned cause I was not gtng enough time to decide abt my life n future. Presently m just tryin to do thins tat mk me happy. I do feel loneliness. N sumtimes worthlessness. My question s hv I taken the right decision to give time to myself?
I am suffering from mental stress it reflects in my personal life. Is it any disorder. Age 24. Working in software field.
I lost somebody close last year! Since then I feel very depress and sad! please help me to overcome this! I will be really thankful.
I am 58+male, feeling no urge for sex bodily but my eyes and mind are always seeking for satisfied sex. Although I have tremendous mental anxiety or stress from the office as well as from the family. That is why I am living a very lonely and dissatisfied life. How can I get rid of it with minimal medication as well as no side effect because I have high blood pressure, otherwise I do not have sugar or heart problem Please suggest.
Hai am 35 years old female, unmarried.past five days sudden pain in my right butt and back of my thighs and calf. Only right side. Is this high in risk. I do not have any health issues so far everything normal. Please help me. But I have heavy stress level.
There are certain aspects of our lives, which we may feel are not upto the mark and you might want to change them. For example, consider a situation that you suffer from dwarfism and people mock you about your height. You may wish that you were taller so that you are not ridiculed anymore. You may feel physically inadequate and stay depressed quite frequently.
No matter what the odds are, you should be able to find a support system somewhere, be it in your friends, family or within yourself. There are a number of methods which you may find useful in dealing with these kinds of situations.
- Mediation: Meditation may help in focusing your mind and keeping your mind free from negative thoughts. It helps in improving your concentration and broadens your mind. It may also help in seeing situations in a different manner and in a different light thus, helps you overcome difficult episodes in life.
- See things from a different vantage point:Usually we see things from one single standpoint and perceive them in a single manner. It is advised to see the same thing through multiple viewpoints and multiple vantage points in order to get a broader understanding of the entire situation. This helps in making a more logical and balanced decision.
- Focus on the positives: Let’s understand with the help of a simple anecdote. One day a teacher gave a student a white piece of paper with a black dot at the center and asked the student what he thought of the paper. The student said that there was a black dot on the paper. Usually, most people tend to focus on the black dot and not the white space surrounding it. Similarly, in life, you should see the positives instead of concentrating only on the negative aspects. This will help you sail through a number of difficult stages.
- Build resilience: Being resilient is a very good quality to have, as it can help you overcome a lot of setbacks in life. Problems are a part of life as they might result from external circumstances which you will have no control over. Hence, it is always wise to accept the situation and move on in life.