Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Akshita Dutta
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Akshita DuttaYour feedback matters!
I always stay worried about something-my career, future,money,relationship etc. My mind is restless, when I do something I want to do something else, when I get what I want then I want something else, never satisfied. I cannot concentrate, memory is weakening. I am always in depressing, negative thoughts. Dont know how to handle.
I am 19 (female, I used to sleep at least 8-9 hours but morning I feel tired n sleepy as if I have never slept before. Till evening same tiredness remains. And after 5-6pm I feel energetic I can't even concentrate on ma studies also. How to get rid of this problem.
I'm not getting concentration on my work, always feel tired without working. I couldn't sleep well also from last 7 days. What should I do?
Suffering from recurrent depression for last 8-9 years and have been on medication. The dosage is like - duzela 20 & Milnace 25 in the morning and Duzela 20, Milnace 50 & petril 0.25 mg. Is this too high a dosage for my age and what can be done to overcome this. Physical exercise am already doing. But the medicines have only increased over a period of time. What else can be done so that medicines do not increase further.
I am 38 years old and also single, I got irritation frequently also I think about commit suicide please guide me to come away from mental irritations,
Hi need advice for my wife who does not believe in normal way of living. She has peculiar food habits, she does not like to be with people and prefer being alone, her thought process on life, job, children, family, home is very different to majority of the population. She has high temper and forgets things fast. Her hobbies are colouring pictures, collect small pieces of cloth from tailor shop and make packets. She has asked me to leave job and settle in place away for civilization. She questions me if I like to go to restaurant or stay in hotel, for her important is to stay in open maybe in campervan staying in hotel. She does not like clean house and will keep the cloths all a cross the floor and will not care to even clean. Even though I try to stay with her most of the time and take care of most of her request, she believes I do not care for her and wants to leave me. She does not have too many friends and would not like to go home and stay with her mother. Her thinking is very different from common people and I want to know if it is normal. She does not believe in medicines or doctor and hence cannot convince her to meet a doctor.
How can I reduce mental stress, anxiety, depression and feel refresh with full of mental energy all time?
Marriages in our country usually last a lifetime and require effort from both parties involved to make them work. Often, marriages end because of boredom, as the partners begin to believe that the spark is gone. But there are many ways couples can perk up their marriage.
While it is true that many people are short on precious time in today’s day and age, what is also true is that a marriage is well worth some prioritisation.
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a little while longer does make good sense, if it means that the time is well-used to bond with one’s significant other. Leisure time spent between couples is crucial for the success of a marriage. Many couples do not make it a habit of listening to each other and this really does work to their detriment. Paying close attention to what the other one says and providing a response may not need a lot of effort but the dividends are rich in the form of the partner feeling good.
Intimacy is a valued feeling of being wanted and it has a big part to play in the success of a marriage. Over the long term, many couples do not make the required effort and the overall quality of their bond is reduced, as a result. While reinitiating contact may be as simple as holding the other’s hand, many people do not do this as they feel their partner should be the one to do so. Intimacy does not only equate to sexual intimacy, but can even simply be looking into one’s partners eyes with love.
Laughter is said to be the best medicine, and this happens to be true in the case of a marriage, as well. It has been found that couples who laugh about their past experiences are happier and get along a lot more amicably than those who do not. Recalling together where the couple first met and started seeing each other also has a positive impact as it makes both partners feel valued and thankful about what they have.
Below, are tips that don’t require much—if any—money, time or even hard work!
- Engage in a new activity with your partner. Doing novel activities with your partner enables you to re-experience the original emotional state at the beginning of your marriage. In other words, trying something new sparks excitement, producing passion. You can do anything from deep-sea fishing to salsa dancing to hiking a mountain to eating at a different restaurant.
- Add the element of mystery or surprise. Both mystery and surprise also mimic the emotional state of a new romance. But it doesn’t mean whisking your wife away to the Mediterranean or surprising your husband with expensive dinners. Here, little gestures also go a long way. Examples include, surprising your wife at work and whisking her away for lunch, or sending a greeting card in the mail.
- Do something that kicks up your adrenaline and arousal. Young marriages start out with an adrenaline rush. Your heart races, you get giddy, you’re alert, awake and excited. Arousal-generating activities can include exercising, going on a vigorous hike, and even watching a scary movie. So it’s almost like fooling your brain that the arousal produced to this scary movie (or any other arousing activity) is really due to your marriage, and this helps to perk up the passion.
- Take a mini-vacation just the two of you. Get out of the house for at least one night and two days, somewhere that interests both of you and creates new memories together. You don’t have to go far from home or spend a lot of money. The key is to spend quality time together away from home. Studies show that for women, in particular, getting away is important. They feel more passionate when they’re away from the pressures of their lives. At home, women have a tough time compartmentalizing things. They’re thinking about the laundry, lunch, paying the bills, cleaning the house, and checking things off their mental to-do list.
- Touch more often. Touch produces arousal, comfort and support both physiologically and psychologically, and it doesn’t have to be much of a touch. Holding hands on a walk, making sure you give a hug or kiss or embrace daily reminds you that you’re physiologically bonded. When reigniting your relationship, the key is to shake things up consistently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My gf had an old relationship. How I can give her a psychological treatment to forget all these that happened in her past. She is nw very much loving towards me.
I am a married woman but my husband is not fulfill my marriage life he cant fulfill my sex life. he looks like a normal person but he say excuses daily, telling lies to avoid sex. I dont know why?
Hello I just tested hiv negative after 8 months of possible hiv risk exposure (two condoms protected sex at one time). I had tested 3 times for hiv all in different labs. Is there is still any changes to test positive from that exposure. Another problem is my anxiety How can I get rid from killing anxiety. I know I'm very likely to hiv negative Since I had protected sex plus I have 3 hiv negative results at 8 months of exposure. But for some reason I'm feeling too much anxiety about this issue sometimes feeling suicidal. Please help me I want to move on. But my deadly anxiety is killing me. Thanks for your Help.
I am feeling so tired. Lack of sleep. Frustration. How can I be normal? I have stammering. Is there any remedial process which can make me cured? please help me.
I smoke 6-7 cigarettes per day. Should I consider reducing the amount. It never crosses 7.what are the risks.
Internet addiction is a very recent phenomenon, but is already a cause for concern. With the advent of various social networking websites, people are increasingly becoming addicted to the internet. Internet addiction disorder is often characterized by people inching to form an emotional attachment with people and activities, all of them online. You may enjoy connecting to people more over the virtual interface instead of the real world; this usually stems from an inability to establish real human contact.
The symptoms of internet addiction disorder are:
1. Excessive usage of the internet
2. Depression, mood swings and irritability if one doesn’t get access to the internet
3. Any effort to reduce internet usage is usually unsuccessful
4. You may experience constant problems in personal relationships, education and your job due to incessant internet usage
5. A tendency of lying to close ones when they ask you how much time you spend over the internet
6. Using internet to escape from real world problems
Internet addiction can gradually isolate you. You may develop an aversion to meeting and communicating with people in real life. This can impair your social skills and make you socially awkward. This disorder also create problems in relationships as it can reduce the time you spend interacting personally.
Internet addiction may also lead you to create online personas to evade low self-esteem issues. This actually aggravates the problem instead of solving it; can result in severe anxiety and depression. Withdrawal symptoms might result in anxiety, depression, irritation and loneliness. This disorder can lead to complications such as dry eyes, headaches, change in sleep patterns and subsequent problems in falling asleep. Back pain from sitting upright while you are on the internet is also very common problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.