Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Akshita DuttaYour feedback matters!
I smoke 6-7 cigarettes per day. Should I consider reducing the amount. It never crosses 7.what are the risks.
7 months ago my hernia operation is done .i will feel like tired and feel like mentally disturbed whats the reason.
PTSD is a neurological disorder which affects individuals after experiencing severe traumatic situations. The individuals find it difficult to cope with such situations and often have flashbacks of those moments of trauma. Stress, as a result of the trauma wrecks the normal nervous functioning of the individuals. PTSD can have the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks of the traumatic event
- Nightmares, which are repetitive and severely distressing
- Images from the traumatic event intruding during the day
- Reminders of the event provoking distress
Avoidance or rumination:
- Those suffering from PTSD avoid being reminded of the trauma, such as people, situations or circumstances associated with the event. They try to suppress memories associated with the event.
- Many others ruminate excessively and prevent themselves from coming to terms with it.
Hyper arousal or emotional numbing:
- Hyper vigilance for threat
- Exaggerated sterile response
- Difficulty concentrating
- Sleep problems
- Difficulty experiencing emotion
- Emotional detachment from others
- Giving up activities which mattered before the trauma
- Amnesia for salient aspects of the trauma
How to manage PTSD?
The following tips will help to come to terms with your traumatic episode and ease stress:
- If symptoms are mild, then observing the patient is preferred
- If symptoms are chronic, then trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) proves to be beneficial
- Alternative treatments include eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Comorbid symptoms such as depression, general anxiety and alcohol or substance abuse are secondary to PTSD. PTSD should be treated first and then the associated symptoms should be addressed.
- Mindfulness meditation (not a treatment option) helps in recognizing cognitive dissonances and affected thought patterns and aids in recognizing and overcoming their influence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Dear Docs. I have breaked up with my beloved before one month, coz of that a lot of tension, depression, and stress I feel whole day n night too, wahi soch soch k na pagal pn sa chidchida pn sa feel hone lga h headache b bahut tez h 15 days se hair loss bahut tez ho ra h k kbi itni speed se nhi hue, body temperature b ajeeb ho gyi h kbi hot kbi bahut zada pasina ane lgta h, weight loss b ho ra h. So dear mai kya kru abi tk koi medication nhi liya h sirf calcium ki tabs lene lga hu 5 days se.
Diagnose root cause of your pain at an early stage because improperly diagnose & treated pain can create lot of problems in future.
Kindly tell me the name of a good book on" Adlerian Techniques" from which I can gain workable method for understanding the goal of the above techniques. Thanking you.
My father is addicted badly towards tobacco can there is any medicine to remove this addiction. He is 50 year old. please answer.
I am 21 years old male, I can't do any particular work, because some things are disturbing me, so what can I do?
Having memory problems, after alcohol consumption I forget things that happened, any solution to boost memory? Any medicines for it. Memory is deteriorating day by day.
I am 34 year old male married married for the last five years and having a kid of 3 years . My terms with my wife are getting worser resulting to verbal and sometimes severeverbal exchange thereby affecting the child. So I am staying aloof in another rented hostel to avoid my parents who are in support of my wife and I feel that staying aloof may help my child not to witness such drastic environment. Please suggest as of what can I do to over come this mental stress since staying away from my kid is a very tough job for me.
Any psychiatrist please help me. I love a girl. And she too. But due to my caste she left me. Now I am not able to forget her. She is always in my mind, each and every second. In night I cry, now I hate all songs, now I hate others love story. I fear watching any love story movies. I can not forget her! please help me anyone plzzz.
Sir I'm 18 years old. I'm a student. I'm physically and mentally fit. But my only problem is that I find myself sleepy whenever I go through my books. Due to this I'm unable to concentrate fully on my studies. I don't have any addictive habit. I sleep plenty of time. I'm fully determined on my studies, but due this problem lots of my important time get wasted. Please suggest me how to get rid of the problem.
I went through a break up recently. I am not depressed but I have ill feelings for him and also I loose temper easily due to business tension. Please tell me how can I keep my temper under control and also stop these ill feelings towards him for my mental peace.
The foremost thing that you can do to save your relationship is get your spouse treated for depression. When you are depressed, whether it is because of your relationship with your partner or some other reason, you must make joint efforts to save your relationship. Non depressed spouse has to take the lead. A relationship cannot go further only with the patience of one partner. Efforts and care of both the partners go hand in hand.
However, there are few things you can do even when you or your partner is depressed.
1. Communication: Don’t stop communicating with your partner. It’s very important to understand your partner’s viewpoint and to make him understand your viewpoint. Until, both of you share your thoughts and concerns; you will not be able to save the relationship.
2. Think about your commitment: When you are depressed, you might make your partner responsible for all the wrong things. You need to be wise. Don’t let one bad moment spoil your years of relationship. Think of the commitment you have made to your partner and then you might handle the situation in a more loving way.
3. Don’t leave your partner alone for longer time: After presenting your viewpoint, you must give your partner some time to digest everything. What is easy for you might be difficult for him and what is difficult for you might be easy for him? In such a case, you need to leave him alone for some time but do take care that this silence shouldn’t continue for a longer time.
4. Don’t play blame games: If you are depressed, you shouldn’t let your partner suffer from that. Do not strain the relationship any further by playing blame games. That will not help. When your spouse says something that seems negative try not to personalize it, even if it's directed at you. Attribute it to the state of depression.
While this can be a very difficult time for both you and your spouse, you can weather this storm with compassion and empathy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.