Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Akshita DuttaYour feedback matters!
I often stay in my room. But few days from now I feel so depressed I don't know what is the cause please help me to fet rid of it.
Please suggest some ways to manage anger in teenagers. Who are otherwise sensible but speak very violently in rage.
I think I have lost some memory or a center in my brain which controls understanding has slowed down. Can't keep a control over how I feel. Are blood pressure levels responsible for this? I feel either I have a psychiatric problem or a health problem.
Hi Dr, I m not able to get a job in my field. I feel very depressed and upset. I'm married with three kids. I can't sleep at nights even if I try hard to sleep. I try to be tired doing some physical activity too. But of no help. please help me as to why I can't sleep at nights and I feel depressed too much. Help me.
My cousin has recently developed a habit of drinking wine. He often comes drunk at home. and his mom is very worried. What should be the solution sir?
I have a hectic schedule where I have to leave for work in morning at 9: 30 am and come back home at 10: 00 pm in evening. Further I have to take out time in morning for studying for my course. I am unable to take out time as scheduled and usually sleep in morning, where its necessary for me to take out time every for studying. Should I take some supplements to make my body work the whole day. Please suggest some tips. Thank you.
5 Reasons to Get Rid of Everyday Anxiety
Anxiety is a disorder where the body is in a state of alertness as a result of a stressful situation. It is an inbuilt mechanism, which can result from stress, threat or pressure. Being constantly anxious impairs work performance and creates havoc in relationships. The blood supply to the brain increases during anxiety, thereby quickening heart rate and tensing the muscles of the body to facilitate a state of high alertness. High anxiety levels can give rise to a number of health issues, reason why you should try to minimize your anxiety levels.
Here are 5 reasons to get rid of anxiety:
1. High blood pressure - Spikes in blood pressure occur during periods of anxiety. These temporary spikes can result in damage to heart health and blood vessels in the body. Anxiety may also cause a person to smoke or consume alcohol, which affects blood pressure.
2. Stomach problems - Anxiety is known to cause problems in digestion as symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and an upset stomach are reported to occur. It may cause vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation.
3. Weight gain - Binge eating during periods of anxiety can cause weight gain in affected people. A study reported that stressed out women processed fat and sugar in a different manner than usual, thereby leading to an increase in weight. Weight gain can give rise to other complications like diabetes and high blood pressure.
4. Disorders of the respiratory system - People with respiratory diseases face complications due to anxiety. Breathing problems such as hyperventilation can cause further complications.
5. Depression - Anxiety can cause a person to develop depression, which can be life-threatening. Thus, preventing anxiety can help in preventing depression as well.
Related Tip: How to know if you have an anxiety disorder?
Hey docs, I am continuing smoking from last 10 Years cigarettes & Weeds. I want to quit it. I have tried many times to do it. 50% I have reduced. I want to completely minimize smoking. Is it good if I suddenly stop smoking or slower action. Give me a suggestion. Sometimes I thought that I am loosing my talent for this. I will b very obliged to you.
My grandson, aged 24 years, is diagnosed adult attention deficit disorder. He normally returns home very very late in the night, say about 2.00 am or 4.00 a. M. How to stop him from doing this and what medicines will help him to avoid this sleeplessness.
I was a very bright student till high school and now I'm in college. I can't score like I used to and I feel very depressed because of my failures. I can't make myself and others happy and don't fit anywhere. I feel weird about myself.
But rashmi mam menstrubutation cause problem na? If I manstrubutate then I cause some memory problem? And manstrubutation once in a weak is safe.
I am from West Bengal, 55 years old, Male. I am suffering from anger and irritability since my boyhood. I can not bother at all. I became irritated mostly with my family members. Presently I am taking F- tin tablet during 6 months approx before this I have taken tablet Close-MD also. .but no such result yet now. Please prescribe for me. In this context I must say my legs vibrates when I am at rest.
Sir im a b.tech student I have a problem by travelling in train and coming to home and getting tired so I cannot keep concentrate on my studies so do you have suggestions or tips for my problem how I need to boost my strength and potential keeping my body in the same condition. I wish you could able to wish me soon as much soon as you possible Sir. Thanks for giving this platform to share with you some thing SIR.
I am not able to concentrate on anything and feeling dizziness and laziness. Neither able to remember anything. Most of the times I don't feel like to work.
I am 15 years old boy. My full body pains a lot. And I asked the doctor to advise something. He said to walk daily. I am doing that but it don't works. I am scared that I am suffering from diabetes because my father is suffering. But doctor negotiate for that. Please suggest something!
Depression is a clinical, mental, and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per WHO, and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments. Depression is also connected with food and nutrition. Do you want to know how?
Read on to see the three ways in which food and depression are connected.
- Severity and Duration: Depression is a mental illness that signifies an imbalance in the hormones and the emotional faculties in the brain. Nutrition is the fuel that keeps the brain and body in prime working condition. When a depressive state sets in or becomes emotionally rooted, then nutritious eating and a proper diet take a back seat as the patient succumbs to a state where he or she is not concerned about the food intake. As a result, the brain and hormonal balance get further affected. This can have an adverse effect on the severity and the duration of the depressive mode, which makes it all a vicious cycle of sorts. Poor appetite, not having proper meals, skipping meals, eating junk, avoiding social settings where food will be served, and even emotional eating are all outcomes of depression too.
- Eating Disorders: Many patients who have eating disorders often experience deep rooted and chronic depression. Since despondency and hopelessness are the main characteristics of depressive behaviour, the outcome is that the patient tries to behave in a way that seeks approval. And in all this, the patient usually thinks that he or she is not 'good enough'. In such a scenario, the patient may start trying out fad diets and eventually fall prey to eating disorders like Bulimia that make the patient overeat and then vomit. These eating disorders usually come with phases of binge eating, throwing up, starving and then repeating the cycle again. Eating in secrecy is also a symptom of this condition.
- Nutrition to Fight Depression: Nutrition and proper food intake can build a sense of resilience by first of all improving the overall physical condition of the patient. This can take care of a lot of angst even as the minerals and vitamins travel to the brain for better functioning in the long run.
Ensure that you eat right as a part of your therapy for depression. This is as good as taking your medication on time.