Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Sunita Nagpal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Sunita NagpalYour feedback matters!
Hi, Me and my girlfriend had sex on 7th July. I am not sure so she take pospond 72 pill 1.5 mg on 8th july. But today is 13july till she doesn't bleed. Is she pregnant or medicine didn't worked. We are So stressed we didn't want anything because of our carrier. Please help me out.
It is a fact that if it were not for blood donors, many people would not be alive today. A simple act of taking out 3 minutes to give a pint of blood can save someone’s life and this is precious for many who are dealing with long-term treatments. There is always a demand for blood and if there is a reason that awareness should be created, then it is because people still lack the basic knowledge of the process and there are myths surrounding it. On World Blood Donation day, it is time to shed some light on this act that has the capacity to save lives.
A few important numbers
Within India itself there seems to be a wide disparity between the need and the supply. For instance, a place like Bihar where the demand is high, the deficit is as high as 85% and New Delhi has a surplus of about 200%. The shortfall that India faces overall comes up to 12 lakh units and that is quite a big number and unless the younger generation steps up to the challenge and gets involved, we have a long way to go before we bridge this gap.
Health benefits of donating blood
It is important to remember that you are not only causing a change in another person's life when you donate blood but you are also changing how your body works. There are several health benefits of donating blood and the most important ones are:
- Reduces risk of cancer: Several studies maintain that excessive iron content in the body can be linked to the onset of cancer. Regular blood donation can reduce the heart attack chances by 88% and chances of stroke by 33%
- Improves heart health: Another great benefit of donating blood is the control of weight gain resulting in lower risk of heart ailments.
- Boosts body functioning: Donating blood ensures that your heart and liver continue to perform at their peak.
- Promotes production of new cells: When you donate blood, your body works to replace the lost cells and this encourages production of good and healthy blood cells promoting good health.
- Limits iron absorption: Hemochromatosis is a condition where your body tends to absorb an excess of iron and by donating blood, you can limit or reduce the iron absorption in your body.
- Burns calories: A regular practice of blood donation can improve the fitness. People who donate 450 ml of blood burn about 650 calories which can promote weight loss.
- Free medical check-up:Just being fit is not enough to donate blood. There are series of medical tests that are conducted before the donation which can help in detecting the presence of any medical problem and seeking help at the earliest.
- Mood upliftment: The “feel good” factor is irreplaceable especially when you know you have played a part in saving someone’s life.
- Feeling of altruism: Being part of a community that encourages “good acts” which in turn contributes to the welfare of others.
- Painful: It is the biggest myth that donating blood can be painful. If you have ever taken a blood test, you will know what it should feel like. If you are donating to a hospital or an authorized blood collection center, you will find that they are trained to take blood which means that you will not feel more than a pinprick!
- Sickness after donation: If anything, you should know that you are encouraging your body to get better. By removing blood, you are encouraging your body to produce fresh and healthy blood cells making you healthier.
Donation does not have to mean money. You have the world’s most precious resource at your disposal and one that replenishes once you have given. So, go ahead donate blood and save a life!
Bananas are one of nature’s great snack foods –
Potassium is an essential mineral which maintains proper heart function and regulates your blood pressure. Potassium-rich foods such as bananas actually offset the effect of sodium (salt) in raising your blood pressure. This, along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, lowers your risk of heart attack and stroke.
Increased Energy -
Bananas make a great work snack to combat that mid-afternoon slump. They’re a good choice for weight loss too - a small banana contains about 100 calories and will satisfy your sweet cravings.
If you can replace candy bars and other junk foods with bananas, it’s a helpful step towards losing weight. Not only will your body thank you for the vitamin and mineral boost but the energy release will be much more consistent.
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin B6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
I am 22 years old female. I missed my periods for 5 months. After having reports Dr. Said I am having pcos. I am taking medicines for it but no recovery from last 3 months and having a so much acne on face and also hair fall.
This is for my wife. She is having white discharge for more than two months. She maintain a good hygiene but and we did some local treatment. Problem still there. Please suggest.
Yesterday I had taken misoprostol 2 tablet at morning thn the cramp and bleeding starts and when I had taken last 2 dose at evening I was able to feel the pain and bleeding like I was in a mornings. I don't understand why.
Good day sir .my wife is prgency her last period was 9th jan 2017 we tested 15th Feb it was positive Dr. Said she is present. .we are in 120 km away from native now we are in work place hence we want to go her house it's safe? traveling is any danger this time? 4 month back her 1st prgency aborted this is 2nd time please help me. If she can travel by car slowly?
1. Engage in physical activity
Exercise of 30 minutes or more, most days of the week is advised to improve the health of your heart and circulatory system. Physical activity can help manage your weight and reduce your risk of developing other conditions that make your circulatory system work harder, like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. Exercise is even effective when broken down into shorter sessions.
2. Quit smoking and tobacco use
Smoking and using tobacco products significantly increases your risk for heart disease. Damage to your heart and circulatory system by the chemical compounds in tobacco can cause atherosclerosis, which may lead to heart attack. Once you quit smoking, your risk of heart disease significantly decreases over the next year, according to the mayoclinic website. Regardless of how long you have smoked or used other tobacco products, you will notice the benefits of quitting as soon as you do.
3. Eat high quality foods
Your food intake can significantly improve the health of your circulatory system and heart. Diets containing five to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products are most beneficial to the circulatory system. Avoiding processed foods, foods that are high in saturated and trans fats, and excessive alcohol consumption can also improve your circulatory system health.
4. Maintain a healthy weight
Managing a healthy weight plays a major role in the health of your circulatory system. Being overweight can increase risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol, all of which put you at increased risk for heart attack and other circulation problems. By just losing 10 percent of your body weight, you can significantly increase the odds of not developing these chronic diseases.