Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Neera MathurYour feedback matters!
My mother is having type 2 diabetes from past 7 years. From last 1 years her fasting glucose is always high (more than 200). She is taking glimepiride 4 mg +metformin 1000 mg BD & vildagliptin OD for last 20 days but still today her Fasting was 240 PP was 262. Now doctor has prescribed insulin 30/70 - 15 units in night. Also glimepiride 4 mg in morning along with Sitagliptin+metformin 500 mg. Also metformin 1000 mg in night. Why her fasting glucose is so much high while PP usually under 200 mg/dl? Is the medication ok?
I am suffering from dust allergies since childhood. Daily running nose and sneezing. Please suggest Ayurvedic medicine.
I am 15 years old boy. I always sleep 4 7 hours every day. But I always feel sleepy during reading. Sometimes I sleep in Reading table. How can I prevent this type of sleepiness.Please tell sir.
An inflammation of the pancreas is known as pancreatitis. The pancreas is an organ that produces digestive enzymes. Pancreatitis might start any day and continue for long period and it requires immediate medical attention. It is of two types- acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis. Although the treatment usually requires hospitalization, pancreatitis can be easily stabilized and the underlying cause can be treated thereafter.
Pancreatitis may be caused due to various reasons:
- Gall bladder stone: The pancreatic duct lies next to the bile duct. The gallstones enter the small intestine after passing through the common bile duct. Often the stones that remain in the common bile duct have a negative effect on the pancreas, which causes a hindrance to the normal flow of the pancreatic fluids, causing pancreatitis. Also a back flow of the bile into the pancreas can cause pancreatitis.
- Alcohol: Long time alcohol use also causes pancreatitis. Alcohol can damage the pancreas tremendously causing it to get inflamed.
- Other causes: Hereditary disorders in the pancreas, cystic fibrosis, high level of triglycerides, and a few medicines may also cause pancreatitis.
- The first symptom of pancreatitis is abdominal pain: The pain may be sudden or gradually increasing, but is usually aggravated after eating. It is severe and constant, and may continue for a few days. If you are suffering from pancreatitis, you will feel very sick after a sudden attack and you might require medical assistance immediately.
- Swollen abdomen: Pancreatitis may cause your abdominal area to swell up and become tender.
- Nausea: If your abdomen suddenly starts paining due to the onset of pancreatitis, you tend to feel extremely nauseous. You might end up vomiting and may also have violent heaves.
- Fever: The inflammation will cause you to run a temperature, along with a searing pain in your stomach, which will make you feel extremely uncomfortable.
- Rapid pulse: Pancreatitis affects the rate, at which the heart beats, causing a rapid increase in the pulse rate.