Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs.Nandini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs.NandiniYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor please help me out im 27 week pregnant with frequent urination baby moving lot always tired is this ok tht too my Cervix stitched at 22 week I'm on progesterone injection weekly and taking susten 200 mg ultra d3 cc74 and richer tablets is this causing frequent urination or what Please help me please please.
As a pulmonologist, I see patients with breathing problems on a daily basis. Too often do I hear patients express regret about not quitting smoking earlier. The truth of the matter is that it is never too late! quitting smoking is more important than any medicine a doctor can prescribe in preventing long term health problems. So I encourage all my patients who smoke to try every day to cut back and eventually quit smoking.
Patient who smoke need to be ready to quit smoking. If you are not ready to quit smoking, you should think spend a minute every day thinking about the reason why quitting smoking is a good idea. Once you are ready, you should talk to your doctor about ways to help you quit. Even if you don’t ask, your doctor may ask about ways to help you quit smoking. Just talking about how to quit smoking is more important that a prescription pad, and there is no quick fix to quitting. Although there are medicines than can help people quit, making a plan is the critical first step.
Nicotine is a powerful drug, more addictive than any drug that can be bought illegally. The nicotine found in cigarettes takes between 7-10 seconds to reach the brain. The thousands of other chemicals in cigarettes are just along for the ride, and they are more toxic than anything you can imagine putting in your body. Most people remember their first cigarette, which was probably bad experience. But the nicotine keeps people coming back for more, even though the adverse effects are obvious to even a first time smoker.
Once you are ready to quit, remember a few things:
- Set a date. The first of the month, someone’s birthday, or the day after a particularly stressful week. Try your best to stick to that date.
- Get rid of all the matches, lighters, ashtrays, and that last cigarette you have around.
- Tell your family and friends you are going to give it a shot. Get their support!
- If you slip, don’t worry, there is always tomorrow. Give it another chance!
Finally, using a medicine that replaces the nicotine, like the nicoderm patch, nicotine gum, or nicotine lozenges, replaces the only thing in the cigarettes that your brain is addicted to. Once you have gotten over those urges, the chances of giving the cigarettes up for good increases 3-fold! using another medicine, like chantix or buproprion, can increase the chances of quitting even more, just ask your doctor.
Thanks for reading, and good luck!
Worrying slows you down and only makes you dumb. It takes away your usual smartness and leaves you with lot of unwanted negativity. Besides, it makes your look older and your hair whiter! However, it is not easy to stop worrying as we worry about everything and for everyone. What we don't realise is that worrying has seldom achieved anything.
Here few things you can do to keep worrying at bay.
1. Postpone your worries to a specific time of the day - There is no point in worrying about something all day long. Not only does it affect your other work, it also affects your mind. Having said that, worrying can be helpful too. One might find a great solution, just with a little bit of pondering over the topic. So don't shun the worry, instead set aside a time to think about what is worrying you. Not only will it not gnaw on you mind all day, but you too can give it a constructive time when your mind is free of other preoccupations.
2. Use here and now techniques - Always try to remind yourself of what you should do “in this place”, “ at this time”, and focus on the activity or task you need to complete at that hour of the day.
3. Question your act of worrying - Evaluate the amount of time spend on worrying, how worrying is going to help you, how it can solve your problems or for that matter, the problems of others and in what better ways you could have spent the same time.
4. Relax yourself - Worrying can cause anxiety and tension which maintains the preoccupation and blocks the rational thinking process. So relax yourself. Use some systematic relaxation techniques or spend some time on any entertaining activity which relaxes you. Even having a casual chat or coffee along with your friend can be helpful.
5. Identify your negative thoughts - Try to identify the negative thoughts that arise in you which maintains the intensity of your worries. Challenge these negative thoughts and try to replace it with thoughts of hope and success
6. Develop problem solving skills: try to put your worries into a statement which describes the real core problem, brainstorm to find all the available solutions. Try to analyze the available solutions and choose the one that suits you the best. Start the solution at the earliest.
7. Develop acceptance - Many issues which you worry about may be the ones which are not in your control or even sometimes not your problem at all. Develop the tendency to accept that all issues will not be under your control at all times.
8. Prepare yourself to Wait - In case of worries about issues where uncertainty prevail, prepare yourself to wait till a concrete status I arrived at just like waiting for examination results.
9. Develop trust worthy friends - Good and trustworthy friends can help you in distracting your thoughts from the preoccupation with your worries and sometimes even provide effective solutions to the problems. Just sharing your worries with your friends may by itself give you some relief. Be careful not to engage with friend who would further add on to your confusion.
10. Seek help - if you feel that you are finding it difficult to come out of this vicious circle of worrying, don’t hesitate to meet a professional who can help you the resolve the problem
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 24 and single, consulted a gynaecologist. Se prescribed doris contraceptive pills for my PCOD problem. I took a pill last night and entire day I had been dizzy, feel like vomiting, head is kind of heavy. I am not as active as I normally am. Why is it so?
Hi Sir, I am 22 I had sex before 15 days the day after when my periods had stopped now from last 3-4 days I am feeling tired uneasy vomiting and even I am bleeding not heavily but 30% to 40% of normal bleeding. Am I pregnant?
We as a couple are planning for a family for last 3 to 4 months, I am 33 while my wife is 30. However we are not sure if our approach is in the right direction or not. We have been following the ovulation cycle carefully, and every time we feel this is the time but the only thing happens is the periods get delayed by 3 or 4 days and we are back to zero. Not able to understand where the problem lies, inspite of following all the processes properly. Please guide as to what should be our approach now in this case.
Hai doctor. I would like to know about the reasons for late periods. My girl frnd had 4 to 7 days of difference. Is it a problem. Kindly reply the reasons.
1. Hit the hot spots
A friction position may help you have an orgasm during intercourse. Get on top, for example, so the top of your clitoris is rubbing directly on your partner’s pubic bone. Or lay on your back with a pillow underneath your butt.
2. Talk the talk
" men really want direction. Let your partner know when he’s on the right track, either by telling him what feels great or by moaning.
3. Learn on your own
You can’t talk the talk if you don’t know what turns you on" to train your body to be orgasmic, you have to masturbate.
4. Exercise your orgasm muscles
" kegels are the classic exercise for women who want to transform feeble orgasms into fabulous ones, locate these muscles in your pelvic floor by stopping yourself from peeing midstream. Then tone them by clenching when you’re not peeing. Do kegels every day, ideally a few times a day. And keep breathing while you squeeze.
5. Get risky
Research shows that engaging in thrill-seeking behaviors together stimulates dopamine in the brain, which gets your juices flowing.
6. Delay the pleasure
" the longer the arousal buildup, the bigger the explosion. Get yourself close to orgasm, then slow to a simmer. Repeat that a few times before you climax.
7. Focus on breathing
Tantric sex may sound new-agey, but its central tenet—focused breathing—may boost your pleasure" you can use your breath to channel your sexual energy. Partners who breathe in tandem may slow the rush to orgasm and create a bigger buildup, which can intensify pleasure.
8. Explore erotic
Erotic movies and books can be tasteful and arousing, and the more aroused you are, the better your orgasm chances.
9. Try creative foreplay
If it takes you longer than your partner to warm up, fulbright says, get a head start by e-mailing or texting each other sexy messages.
10. If you’re not orgasmic, advice from a pro may be helpful. Nerve damage or low testosterone could be the problem" your doctor can do a medical evaluation" or look at relationship factors"
11. Relax, relax, relax!