Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs.NandiniYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy woman ko garmi me baraf Ka gola ya cold dahi khane KO man ho to kya o kha skti h issue koi dikkat to Nai hogi.
Seeds are the most basic parts of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well. Here is a list of such seeds:
- Sunflower seeds: They are rich sources of vitamin E which are essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immunity system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. It helps the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence they help in making the bones strong and keeping them healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work on.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 Diabetes and are good for heart, liver health and also prevents insomnia.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres, which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
- Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.
I have been having vaginal discomfort. And it is sore and there is some discharge along with a odor. What could this possibly be.
Sir problem is that he is enjoying foreplay & fully comfort with that. & even no need of lubricants. I try so many times even she tried so many times but at the time of inter course she got so tensed. We have completed 1 yr of our marriage but after every try we don't get any result & from all these she is mentally upset. Now I don't understand where is the problem & what should I do now to solve all these?
Hello I am 8 weeks pregnant. Two days before I was ill and after blood test mild lever infection was found .I took the medicines from MD doctor that are safe for pregnancy. Now after two days I am feeling better but brown colored fluid is discharged today.Is it normal and safe ?
Hello doctor I have a question I have a baby who is one and half years old, still I'm breast feeding her and now Im planning to go for slimming treatment in Ayurveda. I heard that before starting this treatment I need to consume some ghee ,my issue is that I don't consume ghee since from my childhood, I just want to know is there any supplement for ghee, I mean capsules ?is it ok for me to do the slimming treatment in Ayurveda?
I was pregnant. And I had a miscarriage when I was two and half months pregnant. My rubella test is positive so should I get vaccinated now for rubella? When can I conceive back?
My wife 6 month pregnant, she is telling their is no movement in baby, it is in one side itself, she is worried a lot pls suggest me.
I'm 21 years old, my boyfriend inserted finger into my vagina which was little with his precum on 16th day, after that I had stress in my work, my work shift changed, I got to wake up early. Now periods are late by 6 days! from past 3 days i'm getting white discharge in excess which I never experienced before in such quantity! yesterday I experienced spotting which was in dark red. Please help me I am freaking out.
I am 28 years old. I got married in 2015. Niw from last month I try to conceive .which is the best time in a month so that we try on these days to get conceive. Can you suggest any folic acid tablet.
HI my name is renuka. My marriage life has completed 2 and half years. My husband smokes and drinks a lot. In a day he smokes at least 5 cigarettes .he has sex feeling very low. I dnt knw what is the reason .also he is over weight. Still I did not get pregnancy .he does not come to me if I go also he does not respond anything. May I know what would be the reason for this .
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
I feel very bad pain during menstrual days. Those five days are really very difficult for me. Please guide me how to get rid from it?
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.