Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Meenakshi SinghYour feedback matters!
My concentration power is very low. When I study it takes too much time to understand any concept. What should I do to increase my concentration power?
I am a 20 year old female. I smile everytime. I can't stop it and everyone is starting to think that I am going crazy. I don't want to smile/laugh but it comes out naturally and I also get nervous when I talk to unknown people. I cannot even face my parents anymore because of this. I start smiling when I start talking or looking at someone. I was not like this before and I also had very bad experiences in my past. Please help me.
I am 23 years old and my body has not grown as per my age. I feel very guilty and depressed please help me and give some Health tips please.
I' m 22 years old. Recently i' m being so irritated. Scolding people I love even for their silly mistakes. Getting anger on persons without reason. I don' t have patience at all. What is happening to me? i' m seriously scared of my personal life
Why have I started getting irritated so easily? Why have I started losing my patience so fast? It was not the case till few months back. I used to be very patient, cheerful, calm person. But not now. Why this change?
I am a 27 yrs old girl, I am facing lots of problem in my relationship. I also introduced my bf to my parents but they are not ready to accept him. I have been in this relationship more than 1.5 year. I and my bf have already decided that we will not go against our parents. I am feeling very insecure because my bf took 7-8 times back foot from this relationship. Each and every time he used to talk about my parents that they are not agree and I will not got against them. Every time when I expected his support I found myself alone in front of our parents. I don't know what should I do, I am feeling very depressed because of his behavior. At times I feel its very simple to break this relationship and move on. Every time I only convinced him that everything will be fine. Earlier every time I took initiative whenver he broke up with me but this time I really felt broken and I havn't talked with him since last 6 days. I dnt knw what I should do?
Whether you’ve had a love marriage or an arranged marriage, it is impossible for two people to live together without experiencing a conflict of opinions at some point or the other. After all, each of us has our own unique personalities, habits and idiosyncrasies. Thus the key to a successful marriage is not finding ways to avoid conflicts, but discovering how to deal with them. Here are a few tips that could help you build a stronger relationship with your spouse.
Communicate with Your Partner
Nobody except you can ever know what you’re feeling unless you share it with them. Many conflicts begin when one partner expects the other to be able to read their mind. If something is bothering you, don’t express yourself rudely, but sit the other person down and explain what and how you are feeling. Listening to what your partner has to say is equally important. Keep an open mind and try putting yourself in the other person’s shoes.
1. Be respectful: Feeling hurt is no excuse to start abusing or blaming the other person. Understand that if you begin an argument by shouting at your partner, he or she will turn defensive and not be able to completely understand what you are trying to say. Belittling a person can also shift focus away from the actual problem. Respect your partner and do not start an argument in front of other people or put him or her down in company.
2. Pick the right time: Never start an argument when you or your spouse are stressed (learn the ways to control everyday stress) or tired. In such a frame of mind, it is easier to get irritated with the other person than understand their views. When you are trying to resolve a conflict, the problem and your spouse should have your complete attention. Hence, don’t try and multitask by cooking or catching up with work while resolving a conflict. This applies even if you are talking to your spouse over the telephone.
3. Take time out: Tempers often flare when talking about a sore point. However, be aware that getting angry (learn more about to control extreme anger) or agitated will not solve anything. The moment you find yourself or your partner feeling too upset or negative, take a time out from the situation. Tell your partner that you need some time and walk away quietly. You can resume your conversation when you are both feeling calmer. However, do not use this time out as an excuse to avoid resolving the issue
I want to leave smoking but I can't, I am addicted to it so how can I leave it because I am feared that I might have cancer in next 5 years, give me a advice how can I leave it please help me.
Dear sir, I am suffering from depression along with agoraphobia, is it curable? I am taking tab zapiz 1 mg in the night for sleep since last ten years now it is not working and I don't get sleep in the night, what I should do. Please reply, thanks with regards.
I am suffering from obsessive compulsive diorder i have seen a lot of pshychtrists i have taken a lot of antideppresents but nothing is working this time i am taking cipralex 150.
What should be the diet so that I can be able to be awake for long time so that I could be able to study.
I'm student. Due to more work and study I do study and work in night till 2-3 pm. Due to that when I wake ups at morning I feel very nervous and not fresh. Also my more work is related with mobile and laptop. My eyes and head also problem due to this I have headache also. What should I do to live a good and fresh life?
I am having anxiety and depression problems as alcohol withdrawal . Suggest me medication for this condition.
Can a patient who was diagnosed schizophrenia & is under treatment of Oleanz RT20 (01 tab/day) can recover fully? Although things have improved a lot than of the past, but still looks to be dull or you can say ; doesn't appears to be normalized as was in his childhood i.e. Very talkative, naughty, intelligent, witty & affectionate. Now, avoids crowd, relatives, doesn't talk over phone, becomes plane faced (w/o any reactions) if counters any strangers, tries to avoid even the near & dear ones. Pl.help us as we want to see him a successful person in life & to feel him like he had been in the past.
The Power Of Passion
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headache often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.